Social Quitting Coffee

colby25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone else quit coffee? Didn't realize i had issues until i went and visited the in laws for a week. Unbeknownst to me they were drinking decaf and found myself having some withdrawals.

So last week bought some decaf and slowly weening myself off.... Today will be 48 hrs no coffee... Though i did have some decaf yesterday morning.

Anyone else quit? Ive read mixed reports

Are you noticing that you feel any better?

I drink entirely too much coffee and I've thought about quitting at some point.

Folgers decaf is really pleasant tasting basic coffee.

Too early to tell i think...

Feel more tired right now but possible a placebo effect.

I did for about 5+yrs. now after this quarantine b/s, I've grown addicted to Dunkachinos

0glVckU.jpg

Quit coffee? You shut your mouth and drink that caffeine nectar with a smile on your face.

Quitters never win

It opens your veins and stops making you feel tight. The initial loss of adrenal response doesn't feel great in the short term, but I literally lost a really decent job based on how crappy drinking 4 cups of coffee made me feel.

It might take close to a week to ride out the withdraw symptoms. I had to quit before due to a low glycmeic diet a neuro practitioner puts his patients on.....Ended up dropping a bunch of weight too (30 pounds in two months), with my cortisol levels going back to normal.

And taking decafe is not quitting.

I had to quit due to what it was doing to my stomach. No longer having the shits a couple of times a day is definitely a bonus.

It might take close to a week to ride out the withdraw symptoms. I had to quit before due to a low glycmeic diet a neuro practitioner puts his patients on.....Ended up dropping a bunch of weight too (30 pounds in two months), with my cortisol levels going back to normal.

And taking decafe is not quitting.

Decaf doesnt count?

I know it has some caffeeine but not a ton.

I had to quit cold turkey because all of sudden, i was having weird reactions to it.

Used to drink 4-8 cups a day at work, zero during the weekend.

First couple of weeks were brutal

Never been a big coffee drinker, but I always heard it was good for you to have a cup or two a day.

Last edited:
I drink about 3-4 cups a day but occasionally I’ll go a couple days without any and I’m complaining fine. I’ve never felt caffeine withdrawals before.

I had to quit cold turkey because all of sudden, i was having weird reactions to it.

Used to drink 4-8 cups a day at work, zero during the weekend.

First couple of weeks were brutal

8 cups? Jesus christ. I would probably have panic attacks.

Back