Quinton Jackson is 3-1 against Glover Teixeira?

I'll be tiny on Rampage.

Rampage struggles against strong grapplers, but we haven't yet seen whether or not Glover is one. Rampage can at least hold his own against elite strikers, as we saw in the close fight against Machida. It's still unclear exactly how well Glover's striking stacks up against the top guys.

Rampage's motivation and health is questionable and Glover may very well win this, but imo there's value on Rampage at these odds. Regardless of the outcome, in retrospect everyone will say it was obvious.

Glover has had half as many fights (21 compared to 42) as Rampage, though. That is more or less what I was meaning by that. Partially due to this, Glover is not quite as banged up, and Glover probably has a better work ethic.

Nostalgia can be a blinder of men.

I

Glover has had 21 fights, finishing most men in the first round......he's on a 17 fight win streak.

Rampage has 42 fights, lost 3 of his last 5.....hasn't finished anybody for 4 years....has taken a lot of punishment.

They may be similar in age.....but in fighting terms they are worlds apart.

Maybe that is it for some people - but BJ tried to jab with a bigger man and has always hated low kicks and body shots, where Shogun has always just waded in and has given up kicking so he had nothing for anyone who moves.

Teixeira on the other hand ONLY leads with his right overhand - he never jabs and he only hooks off of his right hand. As Rampage's entire style is getting his opponent to come at him so he can cover and throw back, this is a really good match up for Quinton.

Where everyone else has worked out Rampage's game, Teixeira doesn't have any other way to fight.

Wait, what? Can you explain what are you trying to say by 'he only hook off of his right hand'? Glover has knocked down opponents with left hooks before, has a nasty right uppercut but, yes, I do agree he rarely jabs. Maybe he can execute a different fight plan against Rampage, but he tends to rush opponents with power quickly and has many tools to win: strength, KO power, solid wrestling and elite BJJ.

put your money on glover teixeira if rampage is a 3-1 favorite. maybe we shud ask fabio who he'd bet on

Page hasn't been too impressive lately but in my mind the fighters are still pretty even going in.

Jackson seems to have recanted some on his unwillingness to stay in MMA as well as in the UFC. Maybe he's going to start taking it serious again? Who knows, but I'm thinking that with this fight with Glover we'll all know more about what Rampage's plans are going forward.

Glover has had 21 fights, finishing most men in the first round......he's on a 17 fight win streak.

Rampage has 42 fights, lost 3 of his last 5.....hasn't finished anybody for 4 years....has taken a lot of punishment.

They may be similar in age.....but in fighting terms they are worlds apart.
They are worlds apart in competition terms too.

I can't believe I'm defending Rampage but you guys on the Glover hype train are getting a little out of control.

Odd indeed,they'll adjust closer to the night but it'll be interesting to see by how much.

Rampage's showings are obviously coming into play hugely for this one and everyone(bookies incl.) knows it. He's a shadow of what once was and looking for the exit.

Guys, Page isn't going to win this. He just truly doesn't give a shit anymore and any talk of him being motivated for the first time in a long while is simple marketing to try and attract as many viewers as possible so that he can get a nice viewer based bonus.

Doesn't matter how good the odds are, I'm not going to bet on him.

Feel free to quote me if he does win.

Rampage is always dangerous, having the potenial to end the fight any second with his punching power, he really just has to catch Glover. That being said if Rampage can't connect Rampage is getting dismantled.

Glover by ground and pound or submission.

After the Bader fight I would not put any money on Rampage. Especially against a hungry fighter like Glover.

Glover will take him down and destroy him with elbows

Rampage's last good performance was on Ariel Helwani's show doing the Gangnam Style. Lol, kidding. He had that nice slam against Bader. Almost looked illegal. He can win but it won't be easy.

Glover is one of those guys that were amazing that were never in the UFC. Kinda like a Michael Chandler or and Eddie Alvarez.

All you people calling this a "changing of the guard" fight realize that Glover is only a year younger than Rampage, right?

That's not exactly what that term means. Age doesn't matter. In regards to this fight, Rampage is a much more well-established fighter. He's been fighting longer, has more fights/experience, been in significantly more high-profile fights and won championships at the highest level. When it comes to resumes, Glover doesn't hold a candle to 'Page, but many people think he's the new guy on the scene and this will be an 'out with old, in with the new' type of situation, hence the "changing of the guard" claims.

Odds seem fair due to Rampage being on a 2 fight losing streak but then again its RAMPAGE JACKSON vs Glover lol

Rampage is worth some Vcash betting lol

Yes. I'm going to be rich.

Rampage via being proven , better , stronger , and via Glover not being proven

Back