Quinton Jackson is 3-1 against Glover Teixeira?

Rampage is one of my all time favs but he has been a glimps of his old self. He looks lazy out there I hope he surprises everyone with a surprising performance...B Glover looks Hungary as f#%k so I see it not looking good for page

Rampage seems unmotivated... again.

Plus, I think this is a changing of the guard fight.

But regardless, anyone would be stupid to say the odds of Rampage winning are 3-1. That's just a silly thing to agree with. He's a good fighter, but not that good. He's very two-dimensional, relying on stand up punching and takedowns. He doesn't even use GnP much anymore. His lack of kicks are probably going to hurt him in this fight, like many fights before this one.

I've said a few times in past threads about Glover that the whole thing with Shogun saying he'd rather quit the UFC than fight him is what blew up Glover's stock. People misunderstood what Shogun was implying, basically saying he (Shogun) was too big of a name, too far up the rankings to want to fight someone no one knew just to either pad his resume or blow up someone else in case they did beat him.

I'm pumped for this fight, I think Rampage will come in looking fantastic, using his wrestling and boxing to either TKO Glover or win a 3 round decision 29-28.

All you people calling this a "changing of the guard" fight realize that Glover is only a year younger than Rampage, right?

Seems off, but I wouldn't bet real money on Rampage in this one.

Rampage is not very good. He always has a chance at landing a one shot KO but he is slow and very unmotivated at this point in his career.

I don't know whether related or not but he seemed to go down a level after he ditched Juanito Ibarra, his boxing seemed a lot better, better head movement & quicker compared to nowdays

Rampage is not very good. He always has a chance at landing a one shot KO but he is slow and very unmotivated at this point in his career.

I tend to agree with Rashad saying that Quinton is moving like Frankenstein

Last edited:
As long as Glover doesn't kick Rampage's knee or take him down, he'll be fine. Rampage's defense nullifies Glover's boxing. Glover likes to keep his hands down, which is the perfect style for Rampage to get the KO.

I don't like to bet but on fights like this where it's a clearly horrible stylistic match up for the favorite it's worth it. Last one this bad was Hunt vs Kongo and I think I got that at 3/1 or near enough.

People cling on to the old timers with their life.

BJ Penn couldn't beat Rory Macdonald.

Shogun couldn't beat Gustaffson.

Rampage won't beat Glover.

But he hasn't had nearly as many fights...and hasn't taken anywhere near the amount of punishment that Rampage has taken.

I can just counter that argument with:
Lytle vs Hardy
Fitch vs E. Silva... it can go both ways

Herman vs Nogueira and many more

Maybe that is it for some people - but BJ tried to jab with a bigger man and has always hated low kicks and body shots, where Shogun has always just waded in and has given up kicking so he had nothing for anyone who moves.

Teixeira on the other hand ONLY leads with his right overhand - he never jabs and he only hooks off of his right hand. As Rampage's entire style is getting his opponent to come at him so he can cover and throw back, this is a really good match up for Quinton.

Where everyone else has worked out Rampage's game, Teixeira doesn't have any other way to fight.

I can just counter that argument with:
Lytle vs Hardy
Fitch vs E. Silva... it can go both ways

Herman vs Nogueira and many more

Lytle and Fitch were two very determined men in those fights.

Rampage has zero determination.

All you people calling this a "changing of the guard" fight realize that Glover is only a year younger than Rampage, right?
Glover has had half as many fights (21 compared to 42) as Rampage, though. That is more or less what I was meaning by that. Partially due to this, Glover is not quite as banged up, and Glover probably has a better work ethic.

Nostalgia can be a blinder of men. Still, it doesn't mean that Rampage can't win. We aren't quite at a point with Rampage (or Shogun) to where they are like BJ Penn to where they are worn down, have zero cardio, terrible fundamentals, train at a awful camp, and are completely uninspired in the Octagon.

Back