Media Quickest KO you'll ever see

Reminds me of Khamzats fake glove touch to the takedown attempt on Holland.

Shows complete and utter lack of honor.

thats-bait.gif

Was the kicker actually trying to touch gloves or just come out with a stiff arm jab? Honestly glove touches should be at the referee's orders before the fight and they should charge each other Masvidal style when the ref starts the fight

Last edited:
It does look like a fake glove touch that's pretty fucked up.

I think culturally we should eliminate glove touches after the ref starts the fight the glove touch should be before like they do for title fights even if it's a little regional fight.

Was the kicker actually trying to touch gloves or just come out with a stiff arm jab? Honestly glove touches should be at the referee's order's before the fight and they should charge each other Masvidal style when the ref starts the fight
Definitely wasn't a stiff arm jab. Could have been just a distance management/measurement thing, but fighters should normally indicate to each other before the fight if they're gonna give touch or not.

Very poor sportsmanship, but nothing illegal. Unfortunately, this is ultimately a case of protect yourself at all times

Guy should be banned from competition for 6 months at least and disqualified. Dirty af

Bitch-ass-ness.

I do love fighters who are killers ... but only with "Strength and Honor" ...

Believe in sportsmanship as a companion to everything ... and this was not any of the above. It was a weak cheap-shot, and I would be hunting him down, in private, if I were his opponent.

Was the kicker actually trying to touch gloves or just come out with a stiff arm jab? Honestly glove touches should be at the referee's order's before the fight and they should charge each other Masvidal style when the ref starts the fight

I was wondering the same thing. Would be nice to see it from the actual start.

Different perspective:

I hate the whole glove touch thing. Do that shit BEFORE the fight.

It puts me in a position where I either agree to start slow or come under criticism.

Furthermore, I've taken TKD, Muay Thai, and boxing. If I have my hand out like that it's to jam up your jab, keep you from closing the distance, and measure my own distance.

A lot of muay thai guys like to have their guard up high, at times even extending their lead hand like that.

I have never understood or liked the before the fight glove touch. When you enter that cage you are going to battle. Can show respect after the fight. The guy got what he deserved. Pre fight and during fight glove touching/ hugging is just stuplid. This is not a sparring session. This is for $ and to further your career as a fighter.

Was the kicker actually trying to touch gloves or just come out with a stiff arm jab? Honestly glove touches should be at the referee's orders before the fight and they should charge each other Masvidal style when the ref starts the fight

He used his fake glove touch as a counter balance for the kick. Super fuckin dirty. Hope this guy gets what's coming to him. Straight dirtbag

Last edited:
It does look like a fake glove touch that's pretty fucked up.

I think culturally we should eliminate glove touches after the ref starts the fight the glove touch should be before like they do for title fights even if it's a little regional fight.
I'd always thought that it's possible to be the most respectful fighter without needing to touch gloves. Fight time is fight time. You can still be all smiles and enjoy the violence in a Gaethje/Lawler type way, and they're not usually laughing, high-fiving, and hugging between the bells, just respect your opponent after them

Last edited:
I'd always thought that it's possible to be the most respectful fighter without needing to touch gloves. Fight time is fight time. You. Can still be so smiles and enjoy the violence in a Gaethje/Lawler type way, and they're not usually laughing, high-fiving, and hugging between the bells, just respect your opponent after them

I can't think of a specific example but I know I've seen fighters gesture to their opponent that they do not want to touch gloves before the ref starts it. Always thought that was cool.

Different perspective:

I hate the whole glove touch thing. Do that shit BEFORE the fight.

It puts me in a position where I either agree to start slow or come under criticism.

Furthermore, I've taken TKD, Muay Thai, and boxing. If I have my hand out like that it's to jam up your jab, keep you from closing the distance, and measure my own distance.

A lot of muay thai guys like to have their guard up high, at times even extending their lead hand like that.
You know what I hate? The idea that your opponent coming out with their hand up means you can't have decided on rushing from the start.

Doesn't matter that you want to run out for a flying knee or jumping kick or something. If the other guy comes out with his hand up, then a bunch of fucking reddit or imgur or whatever non-MMA forum casuals will go "ooooh what a cheap shot. Boo this fighter!" And they can't be talked out of it, and you get downvoted trying to explain to the dumb sods

I have never understood or liked the before the fight glove touch. When you enter that cage you are going to battle. Can show respect after the fight. The guy got what he deserved. Pre fight and during fight glove touching/ hugging is just stuplid. This is not a sparring session. This is for $ and to further your career as a fighter.
Don't be dishonest and fake a glove touch then. That's a spineless, dishonorable move. Legal yes, but it's a pussy strategy and a lame way to get a W.

Back