• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Quickest KO you'll ever see

This x1000. The Khamzat/Holland fight is a perfect example of this. I don't want to get into whether Khamzat faked a glove touch (I dont think he did), but people shit on him for not resetting in the middle of the cage to touch gloves. Hell, part of me thinks Kevin is savvy enough to purposely use that glove touch to stop Khamzats blitz, which he's known to do right off the bat.

If this is what you were referring to in the first place, apologies, I got overexcited lol.
It's not the example I'm thinking of. I got downvoted to all hell on imgur once for trying to explain that an almost Masvidal like video clip of the regional scene WASN'T the guy being an asshole.

Funny personal story though. Before I got to my gym, this Asian guy my older brother trained with had a fight against one of Matt Serra's guys on I think some amateur level local thing. And Matt's guy came out with this sort of like pumping half-hearted hand up thing, that could either have been "do...do I glove touch?" or a nervous jab, and Asian guy just rushed past it, and blitzed the guy with punches and ended up winning. And after the fight, Serra came up and was being like jokingly sarcastic like "Hey, good job attacking him while he was going for a glove touch." Trouble is, Asian guy was super Asian and hardly spoke a lick of English, so in the heaviest accent, he was shaking Matt's hand and semi bowing repeatedly going "Oh thank you! Thank you!"

If you’re going to do that then you better finish your opponent otherwise

aTqLlvXAS0oZYnjlugq7WOJTNQ26ezzLV7ZKhLBKzvs.gif

Don't be a sucker. This is a fight. Protect yourself at all times. How many times you want to glove touch in a match.
if you're ok with spineless, dishonorable behavior, that's on you. I am not. It goes against everything I was taught. If I were ever to square off in a cage with you though, I'd know what to expect.

That looks like 2 to 3 seconds, honestly.
Dirty AF.

Bisping asking for his mouth guard

wasn't even a KO but still dirty AF

1ca4d64e286617db1abb62538ebfac62.gif

honorable mention:

View attachment 992824
Bisping's a moron here. He was just getting hit and Silva is supposed to follow up, which is precisely why it's not time for Herb to stop it for the mouthpiece

Never trust your opponent. I don't understand why guys continue to do so when there's enough evidence out there that proves touching gloves can have a dire consequence.
Plus, it can just be disadvantageous even if it is in sportsman spirit.

I'm a rangey fighter. I want to start on the outside. The idea that I now have to concede distance and be close enough for our hands to touch puts you in a position where you're already through a bit of my kicking range and might be able to quickly press into a shot too.

There's so many legal ways your opponent can be dirty. You can immediately torque a submission Aoki style and break a limb, and fuck even stomp a guy's knee backwards, but half of Sherdog will jump in to tell you to stop bitching if you post about that so..

Guy should be banned from competition for 6 months at least and disqualified. Dirty af

Didn't look remotely dirty to me. The guy who got KOd didn't even come out looking to touch gloves, clean KO.

They already touch gloves before the fight starts anyways, when the bell rings it's on, no glove touching or hugging.

There are scumbags everywhere. Protect yourself at all times

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t believe his opponent shook hands afterwards

Khamzat never put his hand up. That one was on HoLLand you can see how Chimaev marches into the middle of the cage that he means business

Khamzat just was charging forward to take him down. I rolled it slow and it looked like he thought Holland was going high with something and shot out a high punch before the takedown. You would think people's hate wouldn't force them to make up stuff.

Guy should be banned from competition for 6 months at least and disqualified. Dirty af

Meh, he pulled his arm back before the other guy reached out to touch. It didn't seem like the guy who got KOed was interesting in touching.

I've seen dirtier shit.

Was the kicker actually trying to touch gloves or just come out with a stiff arm jab? Honestly glove touches should be at the referee's orders before the fight and they should charge each other Masvidal style when the ref starts the fight

Glove touches should be banned.

didn't look like a fake glove touch at all.. wth

Didn't look remotely dirty to me. The guy who got KOd didn't even come out looking to touch gloves, clean KO.

They already touch gloves before the fight starts anyways, when the bell rings it's on, no glove touching or hugging.

Exactly. They can be buddies and send each other friend requests on Facebook after the fight.

Faking a glove touch is a weaselly thing to do, but it's rightly not illegal.
Rockhold had the right idea, touch during the ref's instructions and signal "no touch" to explain that you're not being a dick once the fight starts.
(Although Bisping did touch him in a second motherfucker)

Back