Quick question. Would you tap to strikes or get permanent brain damage?

This gif belongs here:

8bc9e381797334eb33da66e3ba501be112a8ff29630cd2a4274210d8c697b841b9180672a1fb6b95da069e705910e8a1d970c0afd9f13bc141287c3df85680d6

Anyone wants to call Reem a puss?

giphy.gif
He didn't tap to the strikes,he had somehow lost feeling in his foot and knew there wasnt any way for him to escape

Why do you think that type of thing only happens when your in a "tap to strikes" situation? As if all the other punches and kicks during the fight won't do the same to you........Think about it!
PacinoIceCreamIrishman.jpg

Most of those that will tell you they wouldn't tap are teenagers, and the last scrap involved a dirt and a bike, while they were wearing helmets and pads. When they were 5.

(Mom kissed the spot and made it all go away.)

Would you tap and have cheeto eaters call you a pussy or would you tough it out and forget the names of your kids at 40?
Well since I'm not a moron if I was baldly hurt and in a position I knew I was unlikely to escape before getting knocked unconscious I have to assume I would chose the smarter option and tap but who knows.

He didn't tap to the strikes,he had somehow lost feeling in his foot and knew there wasnt any way for him to escape
Bottom line is that he tapped without there being a sub.
There are ppl on Sherdog who call that a "pussy move".
And my point is that these ppl are idiots.

Would I rather be Bob Sapp or Gary Goodridge?

Well, for all his dives and lack of a warrior spirit, Bob Sapp seems to be doing quite well for himself and always seems happy and jolly in interviews, whereas from what I understand, Gary Goodridge appears to be struggling both financially and in interviews.

It may seem like blasphemy to the Just Bleed God, but I'd rather be an outcast than a sacrifice, so I would much rather tap to strikes than get brain damage.

Would I rather be Bob Sapp or Gary Goodridge?

Well, for all his dives and lack of a warrior spirit, Bob Sapp seems to be doing quite well for himself and always seems happy and jolly in interviews, whereas from what I understand, Gary Goodridge appears to be struggling both financially and in interviews.

It may seem like blasphemy to the Just Bleed God, but I'd rather be an outcast than a sacrifice, so I would much rather tap to strikes than get brain damage.

{<Scared}

Would you tap and have cheeto eaters call you a pussy or would you tough it out and forget the names of your kids at 40?

tap, and Live to fight another day!

Who cares what a bunch of keyboard warriors think. If they had any minerals theyd be in the gym training, and learning what it feels like being hit in the face by a professional fighter, rather than calling people pussy's and throwing one out over reems ripped physique. Wankers!

Tap to strikes and it's not even close.

Most MMA fans can't understand it because brain damage does not affect them... since they don't have a functioning brain.

If I'm in a position where I know I aint winning shit anymore, I'd def tap. My brain is more important than what some fatties sitting on their couch think about me.

GSP tapped to strikes and thought he got abducted by aliens by the time he was 33

so i guess tapping doesn't save you from brain damage

I would take the Bob Sapp approach, just take a random little punch on the forearm area, and then hold my face in agony and fall over on the floor and throw the fight. still get paid, easy money.

GSP wouldn't have gotten permanent brain damage if he didn't tap.

Stop.

The punch that knocked you down in the first place probably gave you brain damage already, a bit more ground and pound is just superficial damage.
You could always give up your back and get choked out instead.

Leave it to the ref to stop it, they're paid to do it.
I say the same thing when I see guys tapping to chokes... Dude, just let the ref stop it... that's their job. Go to sleep, be a man.

Nothing more pitiful than tapping to some guy wrapping his legs around your head.

Back