Quick question. Would you tap to strikes or get permanent brain damage?

CTE is overrated

It’s a neurological can

I ain’t tapping to shit

It’s kinda funny the tap to strikes stigma. Most tko end with people covering up with punches to arms. It’s essentially the same. I’ll bet a lot of strike taps are broken jaws/skulls/ribs.

Can guarantee a lot of people (fighters included) will tap.

There’s different types of broken jaws too.

I’d tap.

I don't think its a decision thing, a born fighter would not know how to even think about tapping to strikes whether its unhealthy or not. Born fighters just don't give up, its in our dna. So even though it would be the smart thing to tap if a person is wired a certain way they just can't.

Would you tap and have cheeto eaters call you a pussy or would you tough it out and forget the names of your kids at 40?
i didn't tap to an armbar and if the referee didn't had stoped it i would had my arm broken. Tap to strikes... what are you gay?

"GsP TaPpeD tO StRiKeS UrrRrRR DuUuURrrRrR"

Brain damage for a bunch of meat heads to like me, $10,000 and a $500 million dollar boss' respect (even though he'd throw me under the bus at any chance).......

Where do I sign

Would you tap and have cheeto eaters call you a pussy or would you tough it out and forget the names of your kids at 40?
Imo the goat GSP did, so I would imitate the GOAT and tap, tap, tap!!!

Tap to strikes and lose sherdog's respect in the process?..
Your out of your mind

Tapping to strikes is for b!tches, ref will save me (hopefully quickly so I can pretend be mad and upset ala Colby Covington)

Brain damage for a bunch of meat heads to like me, $10,000 and a $500 million dollar boss' respect (even though he'd throw me under the bus at any chance).......

Where do I sign

Don’t forget reebok coupons

40 kids names would be hard to remember. Foreman kept it safe and just went with George.

If I was an MMA fighter I would be the one to tap to strikes, 100%. But I will make it look normal and congruent with my persona, will never act tough in interviews or anywhere, so people won't be angry.

Saving unnecessary beatings prolings careers! Look at Arlovski! When Andrei gets hit clean and falls down he does it in a way most of the referees will jump in to stop the fight. He is going face first and does not try to stand up or intelligently defend himself. He is just covering up in fetal position and waits for the ref. He is making massive paychecks (for the quality of fighting he shows) and there is no signs of him going to hang them up anytime soon.

I'm going out on my shield. I ain't no coward bro

Why would we? You can make more money working from home than some of these fighters do. 10k a fight, or 10k a month? Easy choice.

Lol i once had a pro fighter get mad at me for constructive criticism of one his boys. Told me when I go pro, to come look him up.
Said, naw B. I make too much money.

This gif belongs here:

8bc9e381797334eb33da66e3ba501be112a8ff29630cd2a4274210d8c697b841b9180672a1fb6b95da069e705910e8a1d970c0afd9f13bc141287c3df85680d6

Anyone wants to call Reem a puss?

giphy.gif

This.

Different fighters have different philosophies. For instance, when asked if they were willing to die to win a fight, Antonio Margarito said yes, and Miguel Cotto said no.

Although they were 1-1, most people would rate Cotto as the higher quality fighter. And, true to the statement above, Margarito sustained permanent injuries correlating to his inability to know when enough was enough. Cotto, due in part to knowing when enough was enough, was able to prolong his career and have the greater generational and historical standing.
Margarito deserved all his beatings after the plaster wraps.

The punch that knocked you down in the first place probably gave you brain damage already, a bit more ground and pound is just superficial damage.
You could always give up your back and get choked out instead.

Leave it to the ref to stop it, they're paid to do it.
Superficial?? Lol ok

Back