Quick question. Would you tap to strikes or get permanent brain damage?

Would you tap and have cheeto eaters call you a pussy or would you tough it out and forget the names of your kids at 40?
I like to training like Loma Usyk and Floyd Jr. style in boxing, it's hard to punch me so no need to quit

I'd just kick the other person's ass instead
Correct answer. As if a 6'5" A level athlete sherdogger would even be put in a position to tap to strike.

Srsly though if I knew I was fucked, I'd tap.

Sherdoggers don't tap. It's not possible to damage a brain more after a certain point without killing the person.

If you tap to strikes CTEGod sends you to hell where you’ll repeatedly be gnp’d with Yamasaki as the ref

I'd pick option C: Let my opponent gas out punching the top of my skull, then annihilate them.

Jarl

Would you tap and have cheeto eaters call you a pussy or would you tough it out and forget the names of your kids at 40?
If I know Im done - tap . It's a sport , no reason to get wrecked more than you have to for it , its already hard enough .

Only way to beat me would be to finish me because tapping to strikes isn't an option

REAL men go out on their shield.

FUCK that brain health shit.

Most of sherdog has brain damage, so theres your answer..

I think it's ok to tap if it's a sport.

But if it's a profession then you're a warrior so you die on your sword.

I think it's ok to tap if it's a sport.

But if it's a profession then you're a warrior so you die on your sword.

This.

Different fighters have different philosophies. For instance, when asked if they were willing to die to win a fight, Antonio Margarito said yes, and Miguel Cotto said no.

Although they were 1-1, most people would rate Cotto as the higher quality fighter. And, true to the statement above, Margarito sustained permanent injuries correlating to his inability to know when enough was enough. Cotto, due in part to knowing when enough was enough, was able to prolong his career and have the greater generational and historical standing.

Permanent brain damage obviously

I'M nOt a CoWaRd

I suck my food through a straw with pride.

i choose option 3 which is shrimp, improve position to full guard, fake guillotine attempt into kimura sweep, full mount Jon Jones elbows (legal elbows), crack the skull MVP style.

anymore questions?

source.gif

Those that answer brain damage are already brain damaged, so it was an easy choice for them.

If you're in a bad position, hurt & can't see a way out than there's nothing wrong with tapping to strikes, never seen it is any less than tapping to a submission rather than go unconscious or have something break.

If some prick online who's never trained a day in their life wants to call a fighter a "pussy" for tapping then good luck to them, if I was a fighter I wouldn't give a solitary toss about their misguided opinions.

Actually. My opponent has the real choice. Tap to fist face-strikes, or risk permanent fist damage. He’ll be eating through a straw when he can’t pick up his knife and fork...

Walking into the cage I knew I'd tap to strikes if needed.
Knocked down twice in the 1st round and ended up losing by split decision.

I don't see the issue.

Back