quick question (no not bodybuilding crap)

Wild Dan Hibiki

Black Belt
Reaction score
OK dudes i've got a barbell out the back of my house and i wanna make up a quick routine. i've got a bench and squat rack but due to certain circumstances (lack of space, have to wait until things get moved out before i can assemble the equipment) i'm only able to use the barbell. so i need a couple more exercises to add to these:

deadlifts
bent over rows
shrugs

anymore suggestions? these are all back exercises which is pretty shoddy imo

Push press, cleans and all variations, snatches, upright rows, bent press, floor press, squat, front squat, overhead squat, hack squat...

All good suggestions. You could also do some heavy forearm curls and heavy bar holds.

thanks dudes, i haven't done any oly lifts or their variations yet so i'll start light and see if space permits at my house. LOL i'm having trouble making enough space for deads

bro, weren't you doing a degree in exercise science or something? tell me if im wrong.

Deadlift
Stiff legged Deadlift
Romanian Deadlift
Sumo Deadlift
Front squat
Squat (both the last two can't be worked very heavy as you need to clean the weight first)
Overhead squat
Overhead press
Push Press
Clean
Clean and Jerk
Snatch
Bent over row
Vertical row
High Pull
Floor press
Shrug
Hack squat
One arm deadlift

SmashiusClay said:
Deadlift
Stiff legged Deadlift
Romanian Deadlift
Sumo Deadlift
Front squat
Squat (both the last two can't be worked very heavy as you need to clean the weight first)
Overhead squat
Overhead press
Push Press
Clean
Clean and Jerk
Snatch
Bent over row
Vertical row
High Pull
Floor press
Shrug
Hack squat
One arm deadlift

Yes, yes, and yes. The Barbell is one of the greatest inventions mankind has ever conceived.

If you have a wall to put the barbell against you can also do T-bar rows.
Oh, and i8 think Good mornings havent been mentioned yet.

Don't forget plate-pinch barbell rows...

and barbell curls! (j/k...really, DO NOT shame us by doing BB curls)

If you are limited in your lifts definatly try some front squats and all versions of Oly lifting. Hope this thread helps you out.

bradford press,lunges,walking lunges,uprightrows,barbell front rasies,step ups

barbell curls, skull crushers, overhead tricep press lol, for real thoiugh just do the DL;s and squats and everthing else people meioned.

Back