Quick note about Renan Barao

Everyone on sherdog is overrated after a loss

Just wait until jj losses the collect shit that sherdog will take on him will be massive

I predict threads like "Was Bones ever that good?"

He is a great fighter for sure but he was definitely overrated. The tards on here followed Dana White's lead and started calling him #1-3 p4p when he only had 5 ranked wins and his best wins being against Uriah Faber.

Dudes definitely a great fighter but he was also massively overrated. Mainly because he was so exciting.

I don't think Barao is over rated, he is still a great BW and could win that title back someday. I do think that this loss did show us he is not yet on that truly elite fighter level. He was drawing too many comparisons to; Anderson, GSP, Fedor, some where even claiming he was better than Aldo. I think this loss put that to rest, at least for the time being. I still think he is a great fighter but he for sure has room for improvement now.

people are calling him overrated simple because of how underrated Dillashaw was coming into this fight

People are calling him over rated simply because Dana White was hyping him up before the fight.
It's their way of trying to discredit Dana.

All professional fighters encounter adversity, for Renan to achieve so much and go on such a massive winning streak before ever really being exposed is truly incredible and thus the backlash when he finally loses is magnified. Was he overrated going into this fight? Obviously that's subjective because we aren't rating him on how good he actually is we're rating him on how good we think he is which we couldn't possibly know. I think it's more accurate to say he was overhyped but it's Dana's job to hype fights so if you're calling Barao overrated you're probably a little gullible or just a hater which is a stupid term imo but some of you deserve it

His record speaks for itself. It was only a matter of time before someone snapped it, perhaps he just wasn't himself that night, but whatever. I'm interested to see how he comes back from this, will he go on another long streak and get the belt back??

Barao is an elite fighter. Losing doesn't mean as much as what happens after the loss. GSP, Anderson both had losses from which they rebounded with a vengeance.

Of course Renan is overrated. People forget he never beat the previous champion.

edit: Also, Cruz is criminally underrated.

Last edited:
I am not saying that Barao is overrated, BUT, it has been proven that he struggles big time against guys with great footwork and technical striking.

How is it "PROVEN" he struggled one time maybe he just had an off night

Barao is a beast. He just had nothing for TJ, he could not alter midfight.

Yeah those guys who were saying he was never that good are a bunch of tards. He's got what it takes to be champion again.

Guys aren't allowed to ever lose or have a close fight on Sherdog.

Barao is quite good. Ask Cain, GSP what is to take a big punch in the head and barao didn`t fold after that big punch like GSP and Cain did.

These "fans" need to see that bashing Bar

everyone has a bad night... if you all of a sudden think he is overrated your a fucking chump

TJ was so much faster than him. I don't think Renan can train that away. I think his days as a champ might be over.

Back