Question on HG grippers

Universal

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If I can pull 495 (one hand pronated/one supinated) from pins at bit lower than my knees and I hold on to it for 15 seconds or so, which gripper might I be starting out with? Just wanna make sure cause If I just need 3 grippers, I'm not gonna throw my money away on the set of 6.
Thanx.

Just because you can support 495 pounds doesn't mean you have much crushing power. I still say (I"m guessing most people will too) starting with low ones and working your way up. Even if they are easy you can use them to warm up and cool down.

It's a hard one to guage because it's two different types of grip (holding and crushing).

Universal said:
If I can pull 495 (one hand pronated/one supinated) from pins at bit lower than my knees and I hold on to it for 15 seconds or so, which gripper might I be starting out with? Just wanna make sure cause If I just need 3 grippers, I'm not gonna throw my money away on the set of 6.
Thanx.

Even if some of the grippers you get are too easy for you, you can still use them for single digit work, inverted closes, warm-ups, strap-holds, overcrushes and active recovery.

just but the #3 grippers and squeeze, squeeze like theres no tomorrow, they sa is you can close #2 grippers you can break a mans hand easily, imagine what #3 grippers could do.

Sherddog said:
just but the #3 grippers and squeeze, squeeze like theres no tomorrow, they sa is you can close #2 grippers you can break a mans hand easily, imagine what #3 grippers could do.

I can close the #2 quite easily but I doubt I could crush a man's hand.

I can close the number two gripper pretty easily, and I can't even count the number of men I've brought to tears by breaking every bone in their hands. Really, i even take morst of them to the hospital and the doctor always says something like "Yup, their bones are pulverized. there's no hope for that hand. He really shouldn't have shaken urban's hand..."

Urban said:
I can close the number two gripper pretty easily, and I can't even count the number of men I've brought to tears by breaking every bone in their hands. Really, i even take morst of them to the hospital and the doctor always says something like "Yup, their bones are pulverized. there's no hope for that hand. He really shouldn't have shaken urban's hand..."

I can't do that but I can pinch grip a person's skull until it caves in.

Speaking of super powers, since I bought my dexterity balls, when I grab my nutsack I can...

Noskill said:
Speaking of super powers, since I bought my dexterity balls, when I grab my nutsack I can...

Well......you can what????

Back