• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Question about dating in America

One thing I've been hearing a lot from youtube these days is that young people are not dating and getting laid in the US. The main narrative I hear is that women complain that men aren't approaching them anymore and men are afraid to approach women due to a mix of being sissy soyboys and scared of being labeled a creep.

Is this true or just a made up narrative?

I haven't been to the US in years and I haven't approached a women in years either so I am very out of the loop.
I've been married for 15 years (not to an American woman), but I teach at an American university, and all I can say is a good chunk of White American women are undatable. Well, American women in general are undatable, but White women especially have fallen off a cliff. Even if they aren't doing LonelyFans or getting rode out by black dudes, they're still sporting massive body counts.

That's on top of dating already being impossible with wahmen having their minds poisoned by social media, #PoundMeToo, and the rest of the leftwing brain rot drowning modern Western society.

I don't hang out with a bunch of young people, so I have no idea.

it's a fact

obesity, smart phones, anti social, fear

it turns out with less person to person interaction, you're not going to get laid as much as previous generations.....
Sounds like Asia too. Birth rates are at all time lows in Korea and Japan. Probably similar issues

I don't hang out with a bunch of young people, so I have no idea.
I’m so old that my son is a young adult, and his friends, don’t seem all that interested in women, or at least courting them. Some dont even drive…. The ones that can drive, have nice cars compared to the buckets we had.

I’m so old that my son is a young adult, and his friends, don’t seem all that interested in women, or at least courting them. Some dont even drive…. The ones that can drive, have nice cars compared to the buckets we had.

My old buddy (RIP) had the same issue with his son.

He had his kid very young next to the rest of us (very early 20's).
He couldn't believe it when his son didn't want a license.

To the women complaining that men don't approach them: what's stopping you from approaching men? I thought we were all equal and shit these days.
I've been "approached" by women in the sense they took steps in facilitating an interaction, but the onus is always on the man to take the bigger steps. One of my exes waited at the door at a party so she could say hi to me when I walked by. That's probably the boldest approach from a woman I've gotten. Despite feminism, women still "drop the handkerchief" and it's up to the man to make the approach, and I don't think that's going to change.

This is your problem.
That is why I asked if it's true. Is it the youtube echo chamber or a reflection of truth?

I had to delete my post because I actually needed to ask, when women complain about not being approached, what age range are these women at?
Not that I've compiled data, but most of them seem to be late 20s and 30s. I'm guessing younger women are more used to interacting via apps.

I've been "approached" by women in the sense they took steps in facilitating an interaction, but the onus is always on the man to take the bigger steps. One of my exes waited at the door at a party so she could say hi to me when I walked by. That's probably the boldest approach from a woman I've gotten. Despite feminism, women still "drop the handkerchief" and it's up to the man to make the approach, and I don't think that's going to change.

That is why I asked if it's true. Is it the youtube echo chamber or a reflection of truth?

Not that I've compiled data, but most of them seem to be late 20s and 30s. I'm guessing younger women are more used to interacting via apps.

Not true exactly. Tons of younger chicks get hit on by guys of various ages and they also like to socialize as well. At yoga, some of them will initiate small talk at times and they are normal and outdoorsy like young women of the 2000s era. Now they are not all like that but lot of guys of many age range will hit on them or engage with them if they are attractive and are approachable. Also they kind of just hang out everywhere because they have free time because they have yet to start their careers or saved money for travel and new to adulthood means that they are open for new experiences like meeting new people with a greater level of optimism.

But you are correct about the late 20s and 30s. Now don't get me wrong, there are lots of insanely beautiful women in their 30s. But I noticed that usually they have a career and they mention that guys their age are in their field of profession but they usually don't make a move in work place because its risky if something goes wrong in work setting in modern times and so guys would be hesitant to make a move even if they are extremely beautiful and are super nice people. Its just work can be an issue.

Of course there is a factor of decent numbers of men with option are going to be like Leo and will exclusively date younger women if they have the ability to pull it off.

Back