Question about cauliflower

None taken, its actually an honour to be on the receiving end of your bluntness Holt! Like I said I couldn't comment on the accuracy of what I heard but it at least came from an interesting enough source to bring up here in case others had any experience/comment on it. It does sound a little too good to be true with hindsight.

I visited A&E (emergency room) earlier today to see if I could get my ear drained since my GP flat out refuses to do it (its not a "recognised medical procedure" :rolleyes:). The ENT I saw was pretty reluctant to stick a needle in to drain it as the swelling isn't huge and is an oedema rather than a haematoma, he thought it would most likely "resolve" on its own. I lobbied for a draining but he didn't want to risk infection and said that it would only refill with fluid. I ended up leaving with some antibiotics and an appointment to see him in 5 days to deal with it if it hasn't "resolved" by then.

Its a little frustrating dealing with the medical staff on this issue since they are so risk averse, instead of draining now they hope it will disappear on its own and if it doesn't they will do a more invasive procedure (incision + stitching the skin back to the cartilage) to fix it that is just as much of a risk for infection and probably keeps me off the mat longer.

Do it yourself. It is easy and it will cost you about .25 USD. Your medical professionals are refusing you basic procedures that anyone who does their research should know. The ENT is doing what every ENT does, lobbying you to undergo pricier procedures or be forced to come in for return visits.

The guy seriously prescribed you antibiotics for cauliflower ear. Do you understand how stupid that is? That would be like prescribing antibiotics for a dislocated finger.

Do it yourself. It is easy and it will cost you about .25 USD. Your medical professionals are refusing you basic procedures that anyone who does their research should know. The ENT is doing what every ENT does, lobbying you to undergo pricier procedures or be forced to come in for return visits.

The guy seriously prescribed you antibiotics for cauliflower ear. Do you understand how stupid that is? That would be like prescribing antibiotics for a dislocated finger.

My doctor also wanted to prescribe me anti-biotics, I ended up getting my Sister-in-law (nurse) to drain it for me.

I thought it was cool to get some cauli on my ear, then I had to drain it like 5 times in a few weeks. I didnt have a good way to keep it compressed so it kept refilling. I rolled with headgear after for a bit but now roll without it. If my ear feels "hot" I break out the gear for a week or so.

there is a difference in feel, the upper right ear is harder, though they look close to the same.

How do people maintain compression after they drain the cauli? I ended up using gauze pads and magnets to keep pressure on the drained site.

I had to swing by my mom's house (a former RN) with a stash of syringes and she would drain it for me. My gf says its to gross and she wouldnt do it for me...

i've heard tito ortiz has some secret to this? or maybe the draining process itself? through years of wrestling and fighting guy still has el perfecto ears

anyone know anything about this?

Back