• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Queer Planet: NBC film that looks at LGBTQ animals

It really isn't and actually attacks the heart of your position. You basically have blinders on with respect to every other action (eating shit for instance) but are trying to convince everyone that observed homosexual acts are part and parcel of intelligent design hence the whole "it's been observed in intelligent animals" schtick.

Basically, you're trying your hardest to make it seem like animals are legit gay because the behaviour has been observed while disparaging everything else, to a point where you asked for studies quantifying the rate at which animals eat shit.

The only one who's getting emotional here is you. You aren't fooling anyone with your "objectivity" by hiding behind a study that observed a behavior we all agree happens in nature because you have no answer for the other appalling shit that happens along with it, and yes that includes rape.

Lol at going from “I’m not reading your post” memes to reading my replies to other posters and quoting them. You truly are my biggest fan boy.

This is like the 10th time you have mentioned shit eating while failing to show any evidence it’s common behavior in highly intelligent species. I don’t think it is. I think you have some fetish about eating shit or something and are projecting. Either way I’m sure you made it up.

Quote what else I’m “disparaging”. I’ve argued against people stating nature exhibits such and such if they don’t include research. I’ve never said all traits of these species are translatable to ours with positive results. That doesn’t mean none of them are either though. So we look at the traits, whether they are common in the species most similar to us (they are) whether they have positive effects (scientific theories side on them likely having social benefits) and then I conclude no, this behavior is not anti-evolution, or anti-survival, or a perversion nature of any kind like conservatives have argued.

If you want to focus on violence and infanticide as traits those are completely separate ones we can study and discuss on another thread. But the existence of them doesn’t make gay behavior negative suddenly.

I’m getting emotional lol? You tagged me in this theead twice, then screeched “I’m not reading your post” when you got stumped, then logged back in to read more of my posts and replied to them hahaha

Conservatives have realized their complete inability to spin gay behavior in nature as bad and have retreated to “bu bu but….sometimes other bad stuff happens with animals …..sooo ummm that’s something, right?”

Your simple fact doesn’t mean anything in this debate because of the simple fact there are other benefits attributed to the behavior in highly social species so whether or not the behavior results in offspring is not what dictates whether the trait is neutral or a benefit to survival. You can’t fathom that for some weird reason. More likely you do but are playing dumb so you don’t have to concede a point.

I never claimed its existence alone is a good thing. I’ll say it’s common existence in highly social highly intelligent species that have thrived implies there are likely social benefits and its likely to appear in us. I’ll say it makes the argument it’s some detractor from survival seem really weak.

You can refuse to accept facts all you want but that doesn't change them.

You talk about likely social benefits but that is opinion only wich is debatable.

What is not debatable is the only way a species continues to exist.

You can refuse to accept facts all you want but that doesn't change them.

You talk about likely social benefits but that is opinion only wich is debatable.

What is not debatable is the only way a species continues to exist.

“Reproducing is the singular benefit of sexual behavior in social species” is not a fact. You have not proved that. You have spazzed out every time I ask for any research to back up your bullshit.
You can’t find it because it doesn’t exist. That is a very debatable assumption.

There is one fact in this debate, I’m the one who has linked to actual studies. Which says a lot.

Conservatives have realized their complete inability to spin gay behavior in nature as bad and have retreated to “bu bu but….sometimes other bad stuff happens with animals …..sooo ummm that’s something, right?”

It's neither good nor bad, like human gay behaviour. Nothing to be celebrated.

“Reproducing is the singular benefit of sexual behavior in social species” is not a fact. You have not proved that. You have spazzed out every time I ask for any research to back up your bullshit.
You can’t find it because it doesn’t exist. That is a very debatable assumption.

There is one fact in this debate, I’m the one who has linked to actual studies. Which says a lot.

Link me to any study that a species of higher intelligence can reproduce with same sex.

Yes there are some exceptions in a few lower order species.

The very base and primary goal is the continuation of the species.

Strictly social bonds may contribute in some way to the group but that does not assures the continuation.

You just don't want to admitt that same sex sexual activity is an abnormality. Which it is in the species you are talking about as well as in humans. Just because they are not humans doesn't mean they don't have abnormalities.

As humans we accept (at least we should) theses abnormalities as do some species. We as they find away to deal with them with acceptance within certain guide lines.

Your point is species in the wild can survive with this and it being beneficial.

It being beneficial is opinion. It's useless to argue with opinion.

Nothing in your link to the study or you opinion changes the biological facts.

This is like the 10th time you have mentioned shit eating while failing to show any evidence it’s common behavior in highly intelligent species.
Literally posted gifs of highly intelligent primates eating their shit.

This is what I mean by blinders. You're being willfully obtuse asking for common sense to be wrapped up in a study.

Quote what else I’m “disparaging”.
Rape being a large part of the statistics.

" bUt iT hAsNt bEeN qUaNtIfIeD. wHeReS yOuR cItAtIoN?!"

* Produces article of manatee raping it's sibling to death *

"tHaT dOeSnT cOuNt!"

I’m getting emotional lol? You tagged me in this theead twice, then screeched “I’m not reading your post” when you got stumped, then logged back in to read more of my posts and replied to them hahaha
Homie, you legit think animals are "will and grace" variety of gay. You aren't stumping anyone with that bullshit.

Link me to any study that a species of higher intelligence can reproduce with same sex.

Strictly social bonds may contribute in some way to the group but that does not assures the continuation.

You just don't want to admitt that same sex sexual activity is an abnormality. Which it is in the species you are talking about as well as in humans. Just because they are not humans doesn't mean they don't have abnormalities.

As humans we accept (at least we should) theses abnormalities as do some species. We as they find away to deal with them with acceptance within certain guide lines.

Your point is species in the wild can survive with this and it being beneficial.

His tactic to winning arguments is to literally lose them and Indict the other person of "spazzing"

Sexual behavior in social species has other benefits outside of reproduction. The research I’ve posted supports that. Which is which I don’t need to prove gay sex leads to babies. You have posted nothing to refute that or any science to refute that. Because you can’t. Which tells me something.

Social animals are very reliant on social bonds for the species success. Behavior that leads to reproduction also doesn’t assure survival. You haven’t made a point here.

In some species it’s not abnormal. In some a majority of their sexual behavior is intra-sex. In highly intelligent social species it’s not abnormal. And those who have researched it think it has benefits from their observations.

In other species it is rare. It’s appears in some form in over 1,500 species. So not that abnormal.

You really haven't made a single point.

His tactic to winning arguments is to literally lose them and Indict the other person of "spazzing"

This coming from the guy who posted a “not reading this” meme to win an argument then kept reading my posts anyway lol.

Literally posted gifs of highly intelligent primates eating their shit.

This is what I mean by blinders. You're being willfully obtuse asking for common sense to be wrapped up in a study.

Rape being a large part of the statistics.

" bUt iT hAsNt bEeN qUaNtIfIeD. wHeReS yOuR cItAtIoN?!"

* Produces article of manatee raping it's sibling to death *

"tHaT dOeSnT cOuNt!"

Homie, you legit think animals are "will and grace" variety of gay. You aren't stumping anyone with that bullshit.

You posted a single gif of a single chimp seemingly in a zoo peeing on itself. That is not any sort of evidence of any widespread shit eating among highly intelligent species in nature dummy lol.

You didn’t post any stats on animal rapes so how can I disparage something that doesn’t exist. I made fun of you screeching about nature rapes you can’t even show are any kind of norm in these intelligent species. You followed by failing to show they are happening. A Manatee raping its sibling is not evidence of wide spread gay rape amongst highly intelligent in species. The fact it’s the closest you could find shows me you can’t find anything close.

Do you want me to mail you autograph? Make you fan club president?

Sexual behavior in social species has other benefits outside of reproduction. The research I’ve posted supports that. Which is which I don’t need to prove gay sex leads to babies. You have posted nothing to refute that or any science to refute that. Because you can’t. Which tells me something.

Social animals are very reliant on social bonds for the species success. Behavior that leads to reproduction also doesn’t assure survival. You haven’t made a point here.

In some species it’s not abnormal. In some a majority of their sexual behavior is intra-sex. In highly intelligent social species it’s not abnormal. And those who have researched it think it has benefits from their observations.

In other species it is rare. It’s appears in some form in over 1,500 species. So not that abnormal.

You really haven't made a single point.

You just don't want to admit it's an abnormality.

If tomorrow say in humans some god or whatever snapped their fingers and all homosexually was "cured" you think society would suffer. I don't think it would. Show me where it would.

Now if the same God snapped their fingers and all heterosexualty was "cured" what would happen .

You posted a single gif of a single chimp seemingly in a zoo peeing on itself. That is not any sort of evidence of any widespread shit eating among highly intelligent species in nature dummy lol.

You didn’t post any stats on animal rapes so how can I disparage something that doesn’t exist. I made fun of you screeching about nature rapes you can’t even show are any kind of norm in these intelligent species. You followed by failing to show they are happening. A Manatee raping its sibling is not evidence of wide spread gay rape amongst highly intelligent in species. The fact it’s the closest you could find shows me you can’t find anything close.

Do you want me to mail you autograph? Make you fan club president?
There are those blinders again. You can't accept that shit eating and rape actually happens in the animal kingdom. You are picking and choosing what to believe.

On the topic of rape, how do you even propose a study be set up to establish rape vs sex in the animal kingdom? Explain to me what you would need to see to convince you that it happens. Clearly visual empirical evidence isn't enough for you.

Meh, I’d say that the high risk for STDs (much higher than in hetero populations) is an inherently bad thing… as is the inability to reproduce (from an evolutionary standpoint) and the tendency towards relationship instability in homosexual populations.

Debatable in nature. In our society it’s not the behaviors that are celebrated it’s the overcoming ongoing discrimination.

You just don't want to admit it's an abnormality.

If tomorrow say in humans some god or whatever snapped their fingers and all homosexually was "cured" you think society would suffer. I don't think it would. Show me where it would.

Now if the same God snapped their fingers and all heterosexualty was "cured" what would happen .

I don’t know why you can’t comprehend in some species it’s not abnormal behavior. It’s the most common sexual behavior. It all of the animal kingdom sure it’s not the most common trait, but that doesn’t make it negative. High intelligence is abnormal in all of the species, doesn’t make it a negative trait.

The hypothetical is so dumb. If you need to first go to make believe land where we can re-wire human behavior with a magic switch to make a point you ain’t got one. Maybe if we did do it would led to an increase tension between same sex folks, maybe not. But either way it’s dumb to discuss because it’s not addressing reality in any fashion.

Do you realize none of this matter because a lesbian couple and a couple of gay men can still create offspring without fucking each other because we are highly intelligent and have medical advances. My gay friend couple down the street has more kids than the straight couple friends. So what is the issue?

There are those blinders again. You can't accept that shit eating and rape actually happens in the animal kingdom. You are picking and choosing what to believe.

On the topic of rape, how do you even propose a study be set up to establish rape vs sex in the animal kingdom? Explain to me what you would need to see to convince you that it happens. Clearly visual empirical evidence isn't enough for you.

I accept these rapes and eating shit exist, I don’t accept they occur commonly in highly intelligent species like you have implied because you have completely choked to show research supporting that. How is this simple concept over your head? I choosing to believe in the behavior field research reports occurring regularly. I don’t believe in assumptions karate forum posters make up without research. Are you still keeping up?

How would they research that? By observation of their sexual behavior in the wild dummy. The same way all these animals behavior studies are done.

Back