Quadriplegic training BJJ...

Kinda looks staged. Like the guy wasn't really resisting at all. It's just not raelistic.

I was expecting the lulz that would be a quadriplegic attempting bjj... But that man is a paraplegic.

Not to be an ass, but this doesn't make any sense.

He can't move his arms OR legs, and he's testing for his blue belt in a martial art that requires the use of your arms and legs constantly?

IMO you CANNOT earn a blue belt in BJJ if you are a quardrapalegic. Sory, but its not going to happen. You SHOULDNT be allowed to earn your blue belt because YOU CANNOT move your legs!

Yea yea, call me an ass and a jerk.

He can't move his arms OR legs, and he's testing for his blue belt in a martial art that requires the use of your arms and legs constantly?

IMO you CANNOT earn a blue belt in BJJ if you are a quardrapalegic. Sory, but its not going to happen. You SHOULDNT be allowed to earn your blue belt because YOU CANNOT move your legs!

Fuck the belt, this man is overcoming/adapting a medical disability to train BJJ. That's all that really matters.

incredible. props to him for not letting his condition affect his will to try things.

Paraplegic obviously.

Kinda impressive i guess and well done ot him for keeping active.

The guy is a paraplegic not a quadriplegic. BTW...I saw paraplegic win a blue belt division at a local BJJ tournament. The guy had legs of a guy 100lbs but the upper body of a guy about 190lbs. He competed at 147lbs and destroyed his division.

Paraplegia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Decreased use of the hands and arms is still quadriplegia. One of the most common things people assume is that you cant move or feel arms or legs at all...this is just not true. I thought I would throw that out there to counter the things that others have said.

I would have to be pretty insecure about my belt and skills on the mat to feel threatened by this very inspiring video. There is more to jiu jitsu than the ability to tap people out in competition or training. No words I can say will change the minds. You get it or you dont.

I feel fired up to train in the morning after watching this :D

The sprawl at the very beginning was amazing. Just thought i'd throw it out there.

I agree.

The guy is a paraplegic not a quadriplegic. BTW...I saw paraplegic win a blue belt division at a local BJJ tournament. The guy had legs of a guy 100lbs but the upper body of a guy about 190lbs. He competed at 147lbs and destroyed his division.

Paraplegia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know a guy like that. He has no legs, but has worked out for years and is huge.

On the video, there seem to be two sides; that this video is inspiring and he's worked hard so he deserves his belt, or that while he is impressive, overcoming a disability won't get you your blue belt. I agree with both sides. I'm not saying he shouldn't get a blue belt, but judging from the video, it didn't seem that he was prepared. However, maybe he was, I don't know the judging and this video certainly isn't a definitive showcase of his skills. While we'd like to see him get a black belt, life isn't fair. People with disabilities have to work harder than those without just to keep up, that's why it's inspiring to see them do so.

I recommend changing the title of this thread if at all possible. It just makes it look like a troll attempt (that's what I thought this was at first). :icon_neut

Back