Q for Jason DeLucia...

ninjamonkey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi, Jason!

We were discussing UFC Records on another 'site, and I was hoping you could clear something up. The other guys were saying that Ken Shamrock was the first fighter to win via submission in the UFC... but I seem to recall that you submitted someone in a qualifying match at UFC 1before the main card began. Is this true?

Thanks!

PS... are you still living in Mass, or was that a long time ago? I'm constantly amazed at how many East Coast dudes are fighting nowadays... :) Peace.

OK... I just heard that your fight at UFC 1 was held between the semis and the final match, not before the main card. Still, you were one of the only 3 guys at that event who knew a choke from a bottle of Coke!!!

I'm still curious to know if you're still on the East Coast... and incidentally, did you ever meet up with Seagal? I read the story in "NHB:Evolution" and it really gave me a new respect for you. You actually took the challenge when others just sat back and waved it off.

Of course, I already respected you; anyone who steps into a cage with Royce deserves major respect (unless they happen to be wearing a boxing glove... ;) )

Peace!
:)

Originally posted by ninjamonkey
OK... I just heard that your fight at UFC 1 was held between the semis and the final match, not before the main card. Still, you were one of the only 3 guys at that event who knew a choke from a bottle of Coke!!!

I'm still curious to know if you're still on the East Coast... and incidentally, did you ever meet up with Seagal? I read the story in "NHB:Evolution" and it really gave me a new respect for you. You actually took the challenge when others just sat back and waved it off.

Of course, I already respected you; anyone who steps into a cage with Royce deserves major respect (unless they happen to be wearing a boxing glove... ;) )

Peace!
:)
thanx ,but in fairness to the guy with the boxing glove ,he knew he only had one chance and a small window in which to execute .he also had an up and comeing fight to not be damaged for.no doubt if he'ld have caught him he would have went down .they wanted a ranked boxer for the sake of argument.if that's who you refer to he's a real gentleman.

Jason Delucia posts here, sweet. It was you(Jason), Bas and Funaki who first got me hooked on MMA. When you kneebared Funaki that one time, DAMN, you made him look like an amature. And that palm strike that KO'd Suzuki was awesome... Do you still compete?

Anyways, thanks for the memories dude. Peace.

Originally posted by tsimanga
Jason Delucia posts here, sweet. It was you(Jason), Bas and Funaki who first got me hooked on MMA. When you kneebared Funaki that one time, DAMN, you made him look like an amature. And that palm strike that KO'd Suzuki was awesome... Do you still compete?

Anyways, thanks for the memories dude. Peace.

thanx,yes i still compete,any body under any rules ,except eye gouge and bite,did that twice ,no need again.gotta go .
be back soon!jfd

yo jason what did trent jenkins look like. Did u find he had no experience on the ground. Was it the first fight ever and did he give u his back by pure inexperience

Unless anyone can clarify, Jason did Royce Break your Arm? With all do respect I was wondering? thanks

I was also wondering if royce broke your arm I think I recall the announcers saying yeah i think he broke his arm btw I know royce is a good fighter but heck he knew you was taping and he wouldnt let go whats up with that? do you train in something different than gung fu now?

Trent Jenkins was lulled into believing it would be a stand up fight ,as i gave no indication that i had any ground skill whatsoever.for example ,there was a prefight strike power contest against a monitored strike pad.they initially were not going to ask the alternates to compete ,but i made a fuss so as to further hide my strategey.it so happens that of all the fighters who hit the pad ,mine was the most powerful by far.next most powerful was ken shamrock.(bare in mind that i used a side kick ,but he used an elbow)so it was easy for trent to think i had no interest in ground fighting.these power statistics are recorded if you are interested.
me and royce ,,,actually i broke my leg when i shot in with the side kick ,and he jammed it with the front kick.the arm just bent good. kunioku bent it far worse than did royce or anyone else for that matter.in fact it has never been the same since.but renzo is still the man ,cause he didn't even flinch when that thing folded in half.maybe i'm too sensitive but f..........some times it hurts and you gotta let it out f...........but never again.i'll never tap again .

Lol, damn Jason, I though people were supposed to chill out when they got older, you sound ike you've gotten meaner.

Anyways, I'd love to see you in one of the big 5.. UFC, Pride, Kotc, Rotr, K-1. Any plans on 'soliciting' there asses to get you there? I mean if Vernon white fights all over the place, and you two seem very similar to me, why don't you get the same chances?

BTW - It seemed that after that freaky loss to Joe Slick, something happened with you, was that a particularly difficult loss or something.. I was allways curious as to if that match took a lot out of you at the time.

Jason I've always been a big fan nice to know your on here awsome.

Jason, I read that your first fight with Royce was during the Gracie challenge two years before the first UFC. Was this fight fast? What was the extent of your ground ability at the time? Did you ever think Gracie JJ was going to take over the world? I know you were one of the first better qualified fighters to actually compete in the challenge matches.
thanx Jason.

Any chance to see you in the UFC again Jason??
It would be pretty kool to see one of the fighters from the original UFC fight again.

jason if u return to ufc or do some pride or k-1 plz do some kung fu moves! =)

jason, real glad to see you post here bro its allways a treat for fans like us to pick the brain of a living legend thanks bro!

Sweet, Ive never seen Jason post here!! Awesome, thanks for the replies Jason!!!

Back