pWd 868: CancelMania

Better war movie?

• Saving Private Ryan

• Apocalypse Now

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apocalypse Now is the best Vietnam War movie, hands down.

Saving Private Ryan was pretty good but Band of Brothers outdid it as far as covering WWII.

1917 is pretty amazing if you haven't to seen it yet. See it.

Apocalypse Now is the best Vietnam War movie, hands down.

Saving Private Ryan was pretty good but Band of Brothers outdid it as far as covering WWII.

1917 is pretty amazing if you haven't to seen it yet. See it.
wrong.
the best vietnam war movie is Operation Dumbo Drop.

giphy.gif

Ha5nvNY.jpg

Apoc Now just didnt do it for me. As a military history buff, military movie fan, and almost 18 years of military service...

I watched AN three times. The first time where i didn't like it, the second time to give it a chance, the third time because someone I was with never saw it.

Platoon, FMJ and Forrest Gump are better fictional Nam movies.

Apoc Now just didnt do it for me. As a military history buff, military movie fan, and almost 18 years of military service...

I watched AN three times. The first time where i didn't like it, the second time to give it a chance, the third time because someone I was with never saw it.

Platoon, FMJ and Forrest Gump are better fictional Nam movies.

It's more about the toll combat and war takes on the psyche. Apocalypse Now is is a great war movie.

It's more about the toll combat and war takes on the psyche. Apocalypse Now is is a great war movie.

I never felt it from AN. Deer Hunter, FMJ, Hurt Locker, Das Boot did more to hit me in the feels on the fiction side.

The movies based off true stories even more so.

That's just me and I won't talk shit to anyone who feels otherwise.

I never felt it from AN. Deer Hunter, FMJ, Hurt Locker, Das Boot did more to hit me in the feels on the fiction side.

The movies based off true stories even more so.

That's just me and I won't talk shit to anyone who feels otherwise.

Might not just be for you. This scene hits hard if you ever had to get your hands dirty in a far away place.

Might not just be for you. This scene hits hard if you ever had to get your hands dirty in a far away place.

Never had to suffer combat in the Coast Guard but had my share of dealing with death of men, women and children in other ways.

I've pulled stuff out of the water and felt guilty for not getting there in time.

Never had to suffer combat in the Coast Guard but had my share of dealing with death of men, women and children in other ways.

I've pulled stuff out of the water and felt guilty for not getting there in time.

Someone has to get them out of the water, brother.

Another good scene if you can make sense of it

Sean O Haire could have been the best big man in the Biz.

Both movies are definitely the best of their represented war.

My top movies from those wars are:

WW2: Saving Private Ryan > Inglorious Basterds > Fury > The Dirty Dozen

Nam: Apocalypse Now > Full Metal Jacket > Platoon > Dead Presidents

I've been slipping on war movies the last few years, I still haven't seen Dunkirk, 13 Hours, or Hacksaw Ridge and I need to see 1917.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back