PWD 645: Bring back Batista

Is this better than a Gutter thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also not feeling this card, because I hate the event itself.

I remember when a Hell in a Cell was announced, the mere announcement would be met with "Holy Shit! Hell in a Cell!" but now it's "Well, it's September, put the cage up... but paint it red this time, really punch it up a little".

It works for the Rumble, because it's a big event from the beginning. However, the Hell in a Cell is supposed to be a blow off, it's supposed to be the straightener, but now it's just mundane.

I'm also not feeling this card, because I hate the event itself.

I remember when a Hell in a Cell was announced, the mere announcement would be met with "Holy Shit! Hell in a Cell!" but now it's "Well, it's September, put the cage up... but paint it red this time, really punch it up a little".

It works for the Rumble, because it's a big event from the beginning. However, the Hell in a Cell is supposed to be a blow off, it's supposed to be the straightener, but now it's just mundane.
100% agree with this.

Edit:

Roman vs Braun at least makes "some" sense because they have had a feud before and wrestled in a bunch of other types of matches, but a strait cage match would mostly work here.

Orton vs Hardy is just stupid and only being used so Hardy can try and kill himself flying off the cell.

The biggest problem is creative can't book a meaningful enough feud to really warrent a HiaC match. Joe/AJ is currently about as close as I can remember.

Last edited:
Regarding the underwear shoots. I think that if they want to do them, they should be able to do them. Maybe Dana Brooke's feeling it one day, and decides to do one, let her.

Eric Bischoff will talk her out of it.

100% agree with this.

Edit:

Roman vs Braun at least makes "some" sense because they have had a feud before and wrestled in a bunch of other types of matches, but a strait cage match would mostly work here.

Orton vs Hardy is just stupid and only being used so Hardy can try and kill himself flying off the cell.

The biggest problem is creative can't book a meaningful enough feud to really warrent a HiaC match. Joe/AJ is currently about as close as I can remember.

Every now and then that crazy English sumbitch hits the nail on the head. It's stupid to have HIAC just scheduled to be a B-PPV every year regardless of whatever. And it's really stupid to put it barely a month after the second biggest show of the year. The creative staff is building to stories for that event which should have some blowoffs itself. Having to shoehorn in a cell match (or two for fuck's sake) a month later makes no sense.

Braun/Roman, Joe/AJ, and Becky/Charlotte are all in position where they COULD be headed to a HIAC blowoff, but not yet. Especially Charlotte and Becky. That's probably the best story going right now, but they haven't even had one one-on-one match since the shit hit the fan.

Do you know what would make this worth it.

Roman beats Braun in the main event, when Ziggler/McIntyre, and Rollins/Ambrose get involved possibly with the rest of the Raw heel roster joining in on the fray, and then the babyfaces show up, and HIAC basically turns into a riot.

However, during the chaos, Braun cashes in the briefcase, wins the title, without anybody noticing. If there's like 20 or 30 guys all fighting around the arena, the bell rings, and they say "The winner of the match, and new WWE Univeral Champion..." that would be an amazing ending.

Is the match itself not the cash-in?

They've not said anything about it being a cash in.

I haven't watched Raw in weeks. I thought the guys on Busted Open said it was the cash-in. Or maybe it was a caller. Or maybe it was the judge at the case management conference I had last week. That old broad seemed like a simple mark.

And there's something about Corbin having the briefcase now, right? Isn't that because Braun cashed it in? Or no?

Isnt that how he got the match?

I thought he got the match because he tried cashing in, and then The Shield prevented him. So, Braun, McIntyre, and Ziggler attacked The Shield, and then they said "Hell in a Cell for the Universal Championship". I don't recall them specifically saying "Braun is cashing in his MITB contract".

Verse selections don't go with the hook and the 2pac verse they should've used was maybe his verse on Smile since it's about being famous and would mesh with Eminem's verse better.

I thought he got the match because he tried cashing in, and then The Shield prevented him. So, Braun, McIntyre, and Ziggler attacked The Shield, and then they said "Hell in a Cell for the Universal Championship". I don't recall them specifically saying "Braun is cashing in his MITB contract".

See

I had thought he said he wasnt going to sneak around and was letting roman know he was cashing in at hell in a cell so his boys couldnt interfere .

Gimmick PPVs dilute gimmick matches.....hot take guys. <Goldie11>

See

I had thought he said he wasnt going to sneak around and was letting roman know he was cashing in at hell in a cell so his boys couldnt interfere .

I just checked, I was wrong, it does say:

Now, Strowman has opted to trade in his Money in the Bank contract for a Universal Title Match inside Hell in a Cell at the pay-per-view of the same name. With fierce champion and ferocious challenger each completely surrounded by the unforgiving steel structure, the stage is set for a chaotic showdown, as there will be no way for anyone to interfere, not Rollins & Ambrose not and Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre, Strowman’s new cohorts. With Reigns and Strowman set to write the latest chapter of their barbaric rivalry inside the harrowing confines of the deadly cell, both competitors will leave everything on the canvas (if there is any canvas or anything else left when all is said and done).

It must have just slipped by me, and just forgot all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back