PWD 234: The Book Of Bayley Owns Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent show tonight. Really it was the booking that hurt them.

The Stewart helping thing makes no real sense, and will not have any real pay off. I get that Flair isn't trustworthy enough for that spot, but someone who is going to be around would have made more sense. Great match though. Rollins is amazing, and if Cena would drop that terrible stunner type move, he would be amazing as well.

Brock/Taker exceeded all expectations, but again with the dumb finish. Plus I really do not want to see Taker/Brock at WM again. Now Taker will be gone for awhile again, and Heyman is going to go and on about being screwed. I am really not sure where to go from here for Bork.

The divas match was just not good. Seriously. The Bellas are awful. And Tamina makes them look like Lou Thesz.

Rest was decent to good. Arrow looked good, was a fun little bit. Rusev/Ziggler was pointless. New Day are still amazing. Orton and Sheamus didn't suck. Owens is one tough bastard having those two matches back to back.

Stewart vs. Heyman, I'd like to see the Stew manage someone.

Decent show tonight. Really it was the booking that hurt them.

The Stewart helping thing makes no real sense, and will not have any real pay off. I get that Flair isn't trustworthy enough for that spot, but someone who is going to be around would have made more sense. Great match though. Rollins is amazing, and if Cena would drop that terrible stunner type move, he would be amazing as well.

Brock/Taker exceeded all expectations, but again with the dumb finish. Plus I really do not want to see Taker/Brock at WM again. Now Taker will be gone for awhile again, and Heyman is going to go and on about being screwed. I am really not sure where to go from here for Bork.

The divas match was just not good. Seriously. The Bellas are awful. And Tamina makes them look like Lou Thesz.

Rest was decent to good. Arrow looked good, was a fun little bit. Rusev/Ziggler was pointless. New Day are still amazing. Orton and Sheamus didn't suck. Owens is one tough bastard having those two matches back to back.

The Stunner he does looks weak because of his gear, long shorts, sneakers and his stupid arm bands.

The Stunner he does looks weak because of his gear, long shorts, sneakers and his stupid arm bands.

That and he does it in slow motion making the guy taking it look like an idiot.

terrible lil naitch

should be ashamed of himself

Taker laughinh at Brock was hilarious. The face he made is right up there with the MJ crying one. Memes for years.

50laugh.gif

A few thoughts off the top of my head before I go to the gym.

Taker V Brock was fun. I actually quite liked the ending as it shows that The Undertaker is not actually a hero in this storyline. He is mean and ruthless, yet cannot physically keep up with Brock Lesnar so he uses dirty tactics in order to squeeze by. Just make sure that it is announced that the time keeper has been disciplined the following night. I'd also like to see Paul Heyman lobby to have the decision reversed. Taker has slowed but he is still good in the ring.

I'm a fan of both Kevin Owens and Cesaro but I would have liked to have seen Cesaro go over tonight as Owens heavy schedule could have been to blame. It is a bit odd to see Owens do all of these high flying moves for his size (I'm not fond of big or tall wrestlers doing moves requiring agility) but he pulls them off well. I don't like the Pop Up Powerbomb as a primary finisher simply because the opponent has to run, so I find hitting that devastating looking superplex off the top rope, and then throwing them into the ropes so that the opponents legs will magically hold so that they can run back and get power bombed is stupid. I think that what Owens did to Cesaro before that, but whilst still on the mat would be an excellent finisher for him.

I don't like the booking with Lana, Ziggler, Rusev and Summer Rae at all. All four are good but I do not buy Lana as the victim type in the relationship between her and Rusev. I would rather Rusev and Summer play the face role, with Lana having brought Rusev over to the USA and abusing him whilst forcing him to wear Russian colours through threat of deportation. Rusev and Summer are great as heels but storyline wise, it would have made more sense for them to be the faces, Lana to be the heel and for Ziggler to be manipulated by Lana.

Glad to see Rollins get two titles but I'd rather see him get the clean win over Cena. I get that his gimmick is to squeeze by but he shouldn't be doing that all of the time.

I'm glad to see that the divas division has gone up in quality and character. Looking back, the treatment of women in the WWE has been a joke and this so called revolution shows that the women are just as capable of men and can even steal the show (on NXT anyway).

I'd like Mick Foley to be back in a full time role as his character is brilliant. I would have rather him mention him mention his broken down body and the fact that he is a family man now, as opposed to him acting afraid of Brock.

I would like to see Neville get a serious push. He may be short and may not be brilliant on the microphone but the man is a wrestling machine. Unlike most cruiserweights, he is actually built like a wrestler, everything that he does look like it hurts and from high flying to grappling to striking, he feels like the total package in the ring.

Nothing else to say apart from Summerslam was a good show with decent matches. I find NXT to be more captivating though.

[YT]Qun8lRgX_cA[/YT]

[YT]ruEFHwRq_JM[/YT]

[YT]XhfednB9XsU[/YT]

[YT]EtAbwE02YVg[/YT]

[YT]bnsKd09Ay_0[/YT]

[YT]SrQQEddW57Y[/YT]

Taker...

"You're going to have to kill me!!!"

Commences to tap in the middle of the ring. Book of Sonnen...

I also think that HHH will screw with Rollins and either strip him of the US title or give Cena a rematch for it tomorrow night. I can't see what else he needs the title for. WWE tried this before with the Euro title and it really killed what was shaping to be a good title...

It gave birth to the Eurocontinental title.

What's next now...

Owens vs Ryback makes sense for the IC belt. Owens has shown to be a player on the main show. The guy always brings it. Ryback needs a credible opponent since the WWE has no plan to further push Miz.

New Day vs Ambrose/Reigns. Could have some comedic back and forths. Might further develop a heel turn for Reigns or Ambrose too. New Day have proven their worth and deserve a bigger angle as well.

Sasha/Nikki. No factions, just have Sasha win the damn belt already. As a matter of fact, just kill all the damn factions and have a real division based around Charlotte, Nikki, Sasha, Paige, Beckie and Nattie. The rest suck to be honest.

US title. How will this get booked? Does Rollins forfeit (and thus halt all momentum) the title has gained? Maybe a tournament? I say have all Survivor Series surviviors enter a tournament that same night. Winner is the new US champ.

Brock/WWE Does he leave again? He really doesn't need to fight Taker. He clearly has gotten the better of every encounter. Brock leaves until Survivor Series.

Rollins/Cena. This feud is not over. It carries on to Survivor Series. I would love to see a traditional SS match with these two and their respective teams. Brings back old time feels.

Rusev/Ziggler. Rusev should go over. Ziggler just seems to stall at the upper main card. Rusev is ready to go the next level and Ziggler is the perfect stepping stone.

Sheamus. Not a bad worker or wrestler. I just don't want to see him as champ now. Have a cash in but lose scenario.

Angle did that.

Michaels did his own version of the Finger Poke of Doom and lost it to HHH.

It was actually D'Lo, but that doesn't count, according to Kurt. lol

That match was legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back