PWD 234: The Book Of Bayley Owns Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
If HHH really loves the business, then he will have Seth Rollins have an affair with Stephanie.

Sheamus vs Orton was good. They work better in these roles.

Tag match was great. Fun from start to finish. Probably MOTN imo.

Ziggler vs Rusev was almost a total dud.

Arrow guy match was fine. He did everything I saw well.

IC match was plodding and meh.

Wyatts/Shield was OK. The finish was all over the place and Reigns would wanna work on his cardio.

Title match was excellent until the finish. A very bad idea executed poorly.

Womens match went way too long. Tamina was given too much in ring time. I was starting to feel sleepy here.

Owens vs Cesaro was fine. I was too tired to care about it tbh.

Taker vs Lesnar was good. I found the finish implausible though. That ever happen before?

Fine show, it just went on too long.:)

Taker...

"You're going to have to kill me!!!"

Commences to tap in the middle of the ring. Book of Sonnen...

Or book of BJ. "To the death Georges!" - *quits*:D

My reaction to the ending of Summerslam... and then the UFC Fight Night main event ending in an even more disappointing fashion.

CNJnipqUsAAbgi0.jpg

Quick question..any word on taker? I saw a vid of where he collapsed at the top of the ramp..was that a work?

Seth sucks. He's a good worker but he looks and sounds like a gimp.

Bottom Line is Rollins stole the show tonight. Cena will get credit for being in the match but he didn't do shit.

Rollins was amazing. Went for two Phoenix Splashes, and missed both. I think whenever he connects with that it will be the full face turn. I really liked the gear last night too, it looked badass and I am really happy that he won. The moveset last night he busted out for the first time I've seen in a WWE match was great. I really want to see him work as a face, but not a for a while.

I really like where things can head for the WWE right now. The future looks really good, imo.

I don't like the booking with Lana, Ziggler, Rusev and Summer Rae at all. All four are good but I do not buy Lana as the victim type in the relationship between her and Rusev. I would rather Rusev and Summer play the face role, with Lana having brought Rusev over to the USA and abusing him whilst forcing him to wear Russian colours through threat of deportation. Rusev and Summer are great as heels but storyline wise, it would have made more sense for them to be the faces, Lana to be the heel and for Ziggler to be manipulated by Lana.

Well, this would actually make sense so of course it will never happen.

Stewart attacked Cena b/c he is a wrestling fna and he knows that Cena geting to 16 title reigns is NOT best for business and needs to have Flair cemented as all time #1 GOAT.

WOOOOOOOO

giphy.gif

So, fellas, I went to see Summerslam RL, so here are some thoughts on my end:

I didn't see the dark match as it took a while to get in and was something of a shitstorm. So any dark match that took place, I was not in the Barclay's Center yet.

First match up was Randy Orton v. Sheamus. I loved the RKO thta he pulled off, but it was also sort of a "ho-hum" affair. Over quick and Sheamus won...and it didn't really do anything for me. Someone thought that he was going to come in and steal the championship with a Money in the Back run in. The crowd was hella into the You Look Stupid chant.

Next up was the four team tag. This was a highly entertaining match and I was surprised at how over New Day was. Honestly, I find them fucking insufferably stupid, and the weird homoerotic undertones is disturbing. Like, they are sorta meant to be a teasingly gay stable, right? Or is that just me reading too much into the booty and other shennanigans?

Irrespective, the match was highly entertaining, and the crowd was hella into it. I tried to get some anti-New Day chants going to no avail.

Ziggler v. Rusev was garbage. I did, however, get a huge laugh from my section for screaming: UPSKIRT CITY! That entire angle did nothing, and the crowd wanted them to fight more and it just...ended. Ziggler/Rusev and Lana/Summer is just...dumb. It just doesn't work. The crowd was displeased, and so was I.

Now, some smark sitting next to me hated this match, but I myself loved it: Amell and Neville v. Stardust and Barret. Why did I love it? Because Stephen Amell, unlike every celebrity ever, actually participated well. He's extremely athletic and about the only tihng he did wrong was sell the kick higher than it should've, and honestly I wouldn't have noticed it if my friend didn't tell me. I was a bit disappointed he didn't get in more offense, but I hav ea feeling - especially as Stardust didnt get pinned - that he'll be in more matches to come.

Huge marketing opportunity lost: Why didn't Arrow wear at least a GREEN OUTFIT?

Rybeck/Schmo/Miz sucked fucking donkey balls. The best part was Miz's attempted pins, which the crowd laughed and got behind. But....it was a garbage match, with no drama, and was over in 5 minutes. The worst match BY FAR.

Ambrose/Reign v. the Wyatts was a good match. Though I seriously was confused as fuck where Roman Reigns was for the entire match. We had great seats, but he was apparently slumped up against the guard rail right in the blindspot of where we were located (against our "wall" in other words). We were off to the side of the Titan Tron (in the Cesaro Section - maybe you saw a beardo on TV? That's me) and up a few rows. Fantastic view, but yeah, I had no idea where the fuck Roman was, and the match felt awkward was a consequence.

I enjoyed the match as I am something of a burgeoning Ambrose mark. I always feel like the Wyatts are buried, though.

Best match of the night by far was up next: Seth Rollins v. John Cena. Great match, but more because I got to ese my dream come true: JOHN CENA PINNED INFRONT OF MY EYES. I legitimately went into the event thinking that this son of a bitch was going to walk out of my home town with the god damn HW championship belt. But NUPPPEEE. Even if the Jon Stewart angle was a bit out of nowhere, I loved that it led to Rollins beating that bastard's ass. I hate John Cena. >(!

The crowd really didn't like John Cena. THere was a contingent of John Cena fans - yes, mostly kids, and I let a 9 year old John Cena fan come over to take my seat for the opening, as she couldn't see any of the openings until then - but the crowd was mostly pro-Rollins. That made me happy.

The Divas tag match was really good, though I think the early ellimination was a bit weird. Then Paige got her ass kicked for what seemed to be forever. I was surprised to see how little this match took, as it was the only match that "felt" long. I am in love with the members of PCB - I told Becky she was beautiful as hell as she went into the back - and I enjoyed the match tremendously. Those girls wrestle better than Cena, that's for sure.

Owens v. Cesaro was good. I was in the Cesaro section - which is a total fucking BS thing, where they hand out signs randomly to people - and I might've gotten on TV during that time. I have no idea. I'll check the broadcast. The match was good. The crowd was really into Cesaro, and I enjoyed it. Good, but nothing spectacular. I felt it really odd that he got so banged up in the ladder match on NXT and then came in and beat Cesaro. Felt weird and awkward for him to go 1-1 over two days, especially after being brutalized by the ladder match.

Then we come to Taker/Brock. The fucking pyrotechnics on the Undertaker's entrance were intense as hell. I am about 75 feet from the flames, and I felt WAVES OF HEAT all the way over there. In fact, someone was up on the second floor, first row, and felt waves of heat from the flames. Those flames must've been sincerely, sincerely hot to radiate heat that far away. The entire arena fucking heated up like shit from them, as it was god damn boiling hot throughout the match. They didn't have the AC on high to begin with, but it was definitely fucked up then.

Now, this match was great. The crowd was super into it. Then...that ending.

Once the guy rang the bell, we were like: What the fuck? What happened? None of us could see the tap (even on the camera). The crowd EXPLODED in boos of confusion and anger. Then they restarted the match awkwardly was hell, and Taker got the Dusty Finish for the lame ass ending.

Then we saw on the replay that Taker tapped and it was like: What the fuck? Taker just fucking cheated to win the fight? What the fuck?

Hated it. Hated it. Hated it. The PPV was ending early, too - 10:45 - and my friend thought they were going to bring the Taker back to finish it proper. In fact, lots of people did, as we stayed, waiting to hear that something was going to happen. But nopeeeeee. Nothing. NOTHING. And it fucking sucked. We booed. EVERYONE in the crowd was pissed, upset, and hated the ending. The crowd was robbed of a good finish, and left with a sour taste in our mouth. We were mad and it totally ruined the event for everyone I met. I had to actively think "this was a good, enjoyable, fun event" repeatedly, to remind myself of how much of a good time I had.

AND THEN SOME COOL SHIT HAPPENED OTHERWISE.

I'll tell you about that in the next post, friends.

So. After the event, my friend's friend's brother, who is a major Smark, found out where the wrestlers were staying, and how to get in touch with them. So we went over to the Sheridan behind Metrotech (an area in Brooklyn) and we waited.

Man, I am sorry: I'm fucking saying it. 90% of the wrestlers were fucking assholes. Stardust wouldn't even wave to us, and almost no one actually said hi or even acknowledged the dozens of fans there. The exceptions were Byron Saxton (who is huge as fuck) and Alicia Fox.

The one person I completely give credit to for ignoring us is Taker. Taker was legitimtaely hurt. He was visibly limping and looked like death warmed over. He was not in good shape. I can confirm that he was legit injured in the match with Brock, which makes me wonder if they had plans for a "round three" that was scrapped due to Taker's health.

OH AND FUCKING SCOTT HALL. Razor mother fucking Ramon gave me a fist bump. And we saw them going into a bar (yep Hall is off the wagon lol). X-Pac was right there, too, and he looked...ridiculously unhealthy. Truly.

So, we went into the bar, and guess who was there?

Guess. Who. Was. Fucking. There?

RIC GOD DAMN FLAIR WITH PAT PATTERSON.

Proof? Right the fuck here, son:

293c65e.jpg

I offered to buy him a drink, but he demurred. We later spoke with him for a little bit, but he wasn't really friendly. I'd love to have a natch story, but the most I got out of him was a pat on the back, and a few farewells from me.

You know who was hella cool, though? Mo. Mo was amazing. My friend bought him drinks, and he was banging this old broad all night afterwards. lol. Mo was legitimately great.

I also saw a couple of other guys. Noble was choking this old chick chick and fingering her mouth on a table (I kid you not) and Big E walked past us with his huge man titties. Sheamus was drinking at the bar, but wouldn't say hi to anyone.

HOnestly, the only nice folks? Were the NXT ones.

Then my dreams almost, ALMOST, ALMOST came true. I saw Paige leaving the hotel to go to a club or a bar or something. She didn't stop for pictures for me! But she flashed me a thumb's up in her car, and I felt that was kinda legit, even if my goal in life was to bang Paige, Becky, or Charlotte. That was my intention coming out afterwards: I was going to try my damndest, to get in one of their pants. Sadly, Becky was nowhere to be found, but I have a feeling she'd have been friendlier, and have totally at least done some shots with us.

Afterwards, I met some weird chicks at another bar with my friend and a friend from my grad school, and we stayed out till 5 am raising hell. Good times. A computer did not take our jobs, daddy.

Man, I am sorry: I'm fucking saying it. 90% of the wrestlers were fucking assholes. Stardust wouldn't even wave to us, and almost no one actually said hi or even acknowledged the dozens of fans there.

Stardust lost his match at SummerSlam. He was probably still heartbroken.

I can see this "Lords of Darkness" team of Stardust and King Barrett being pretty good, they're actual real life best friends, so it could work, after viewing it again, despite my feeling that the "Cosmic King" thing is "Super Gay" as I called it, the aesthetic of that throne in setting of Stardust's promos looked cool.

Sting might show up on Raw.

^^^^ That's a cool story. Gotta remember though that this is the 2nd biggest show of the year so they've been doing meets & greets and fan access for days so to go back to their hotel after an exhausting weekend I wouldn't expect them to be welcoming with open arms. Glad to hear that Hall was cool.

It was weird because Taker is "Deadman" Taker. Had he been "Biker" Taker doing a mocking laugh back it woulda made more sense IMO.

Yeah I thought it was strange. Only reason it worked was because the crowd and announcers recognized it as a "oh shit" moment and responded appropriately. Them also scrapping back and forth on the ground right after that was badass. Overall the moment worked because it kicked the match into high gear but man that shit could have been soon awkward.

Stardust lost his match at SummerSlam. He was probably still heartbroken.

He was going clubbing with some black chick and pretending to check his phone.

It was pretty lame.

The match was good, though: But I am a huge Arrow fan, so I marked out hard.

^^^^ That's a cool story. Gotta remember though that this is the 2nd biggest show of the year so they've been doing meets & greets and fan access for days so to go back to their hotel after an exhausting weekend I wouldn't expect them to be welcoming with open arms. Glad to hear that Hall was cool.

Yeah I thought it was strange. Only reason it worked was because the crowd and announcers recognized it as a "oh shit" moment and responded appropriately. Them also scrapping back and forth on the ground right after that was badass. Overall the moment worked because it kicked the match into high gear but man that shit could have been soon awkward.

Yeah, I mean, I understand exhaustion. But if the guy had turned around and just waved to us, we'd have been okay. If he had said: Listen guys, I'm tired as balls. Here's a big wave, take a few pics, and we'll see you later? I'd be cool. Ignoring us entirely - almost all of them did - was fucking lame as hell.

The new guys were the nicest guys. Mo was great. Noble was creepy with that chick - she was easily in her late 50s - and so forth.

I also was disappointed Paige wouldn't wait two seconds to take a pic with me. But she did throw me the thumbs up, so whatevs. I still am in love with her.

Taker was legitimately hurt, though. No lie. I thought it was kind of BS when he struggled out of the ring, but it was 100% legitimate aftewards. He doesn't look especially good, either. Sort of unhealthy.

So. After the event, my friend's friend's brother, who is a major Smark, found out where the wrestlers were staying, and how to get in touch with them. So we went over to the Sheridan behind Metrotech (an area in Brooklyn) and we waited.

Man, I am sorry: I'm fucking saying it. 90% of the wrestlers were fucking assholes. Stardust wouldn't even wave to us, and almost no one actually said hi or even acknowledged the dozens of fans there. The exceptions were Byron Saxton (who is huge as fuck) and Alicia Fox.

The one person I completely give credit to for ignoring us is Taker. Taker was legitimtaely hurt. He was visibly limping and looked like death warmed over. He was not in good shape. I can confirm that he was legit injured in the match with Brock, which makes me wonder if they had plans for a "round three" that was scrapped due to Taker's health.

OH AND FUCKING SCOTT HALL. Razor mother fucking Ramon gave me a fist bump. And we saw them going into a bar (yep Hall is off the wagon lol). X-Pac was right there, too, and he looked...ridiculously unhealthy. Truly.

So, we went into the bar, and guess who was there?

Guess. Who. Was. Fucking. There?

RIC GOD DAMN FLAIR WITH PAT PATTERSON.

Proof? Right the fuck here, son:

293c65e.jpg

I offered to buy him a drink, but he demurred. We later spoke with him for a little bit, but he wasn't really friendly. I'd love to have a natch story, but the most I got out of him was a pat on the back, and a few farewells from me.

You know who was hella cool, though? Mo. Mo was amazing. My friend bought him drinks, and he was banging this old broad all night afterwards. lol. Mo was legitimately great.

I also saw a couple of other guys. Noble was choking this old chick chick and fingering her mouth on a table (I kid you not) and Big E walked past us with his huge man titties. Sheamus was drinking at the bar, but wouldn't say hi to anyone.

HOnestly, the only nice folks? Were the NXT ones.

Then my dreams almost, ALMOST, ALMOST came true. I saw Paige leaving the hotel to go to a club or a bar or something. She didn't stop for pictures for me! But she flashed me a thumb's up in her car, and I felt that was kinda legit, even if my goal in life was to bang Paige, Becky, or Charlotte. That was my intention coming out afterwards: I was going to try my damndest, to get in one of their pants. Sadly, Becky was nowhere to be found, but I have a feeling she'd have been friendlier, and have totally at least done some shots with us.

Afterwards, I met some weird chicks at another bar with my friend and a friend from my grad school, and we stayed out till 5 am raising hell. Good times. A computer did not take our jobs, daddy.
it was an indication that maybe they want be left the fuck alone?

He was going clubbing with some black chick and pretending to check his phone.

It was pretty lame.

The match was good, though: But I am a huge Arrow fan, so I marked out hard.

could the "some black chick" be his wife? :icon_chee

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back