• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PWD 1171: Cool For The Summer

Who's having a better #HotGirlSummer?

• Mariah May

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Tiffany Stratton

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Sam Cooke, Otis Redding and Al Green were the first 3 singers that got me deep into old school soul and R&B, they had a huge effect on my appreciation of music and realizing there was so much more out there besides rap, then when I discovered Stevie Wonder I was All In and there was no turning back!

I've been listening to a lot of that music. The way I'm wired is I have to see the truth in this world and in myself and others. A lot of that can be pretty dark. And I'm not trying to feel sorry for myself or anything, there can be a lot of beauty in the darkness and I've learned a lot from it but it can get tiresome being me sometimes, Pete. That music helps me see the beauty in people. The people need help even the people that are ugly and make the world a messier place. It's a lesson I've realized, I need to take a break from the darkness sometimes. It's OK, for me to do that sometimes. Recharge, get inspired and then I'll go back in.

I KNEW you would be familiar with that song. You and I are the most soulful guys on this damn website and if anyone has a problem with it they can stick it, brother!

It was my first time hearing it. I'm gonna start listening to more of his stuff. I found something very interesting about that song. Of course, the primary motivation behind it is the civil-rights movement of the time, a very serious and powerful movement, but he also taps into something universal that everyone can relate to with that song. Sam Cooke and other great artist seem to be able to enter the collective unconscious of humanity and bring things back to inspire and motivate us. We call it soul. Its a very beautiful song and that's an understatement.
Old school Motown is some of the best music ever.

@moonwolf

u5TAhvb.jpg

@RollSonnenRoll going in on WCW Greed
I’m excited to start that tomorrow. Been slugging through the Last Nitro Relapse all week.

Boss doing the Flair promo about WCW/NWA legends but mixing in jobber names has killed me all week
“YOU THINK you hold in your hands DUSTY RHODES! JACK BRIS-COOE! DORY FUNK! PN NEWS! THE BUSHWHACKERS!” <lmao><lmao><lmao>

@Stargazer Rex this is another one of my favorite songs that takes me on a ride of sweet beautiful emotions
If you never heard it, I highly recommend it, The Commodores singing about two of their dear friends that had both died a few months earlier, legendary singers Marvin Gaye(murdered by his father) and Jackie Wilson(Pneumonia)

@Stargazer Rex this is another one of my favorite songs that takes me on a ride of sweet beautiful emotions
If you never heard it, I highly recommend it, The Commodores singing about two of their dear friends that had both died a few months earlier, legendary singers Marvin Gaye(murdered by his father) and Jackie Wilson(Pneumonia)

Going in right now. Finishing off another 4 hour workout. Seems like a good song to close the show!

Back