Putting an end to Reem vs Rozenstruik

Why did Rozenstruik stop? What an idiot. He's lucky the fight didn't go to the judges.

I never said he looked recovered and ready to go, one more punch and he could have been out cold, but that's not what happened so I think it was a bad stoppage.

So any stoppage without someone going out cold, is a bad stoppage... got it... lol

So any stoppage without someone going out cold, is a bad stoppage... got it... lol

You saying every fight should be stopped when someone gets knocked down but gets back up pretty much instantly? You should stick to watching wmma buddeh.

You saying every fight should be stopped when someone gets knocked down but gets back up pretty much instantly? You should stick to watching wmma buddeh.

You should learn how to read.

I said he walked the opposite way. He was done. Sorry your guy didn’t win. Sorry if I agree with the stoppage and you need someone to die to stop it. I’m sorry you don’t understand what a TKO is.
I’m sorry you’re a casual.... “buddeh”

You should learn how to read.

I said he walked the opposite way. He was done. Sorry your guy didn’t win. Sorry if I agree with the stoppage and you need someone to die to stop it. I’m sorry you don’t understand what a TKO is.
I’m sorry you’re a casual.... “buddeh”

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, sometimes I forget that kids these days are so sensitive. Maybe we could just agree to disagree and go on with our lifes. God bless you.

Some of you act like if you can't take a shot without being one thousand percent aware with impeccable positioning and defense that it's over. Oh, he was dazed for 1/4 of a second. CALL THE FIGHT!!!! No. It's stupid to expect fighters to be dropped or stunned and to land in a perfectly defendable position. So if Overeem still took the same shot and went down that it would be different if he just kept his hands up as he was falling? You know, like every fighter does, right? Knock downs aren't supposed to stun or disrupt a fighter anymore? "If you're gonna fall on your ass or get faceplanted, be sure to keep them hands tucked to your chin. Don't worry about breaking the fall."

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, sometimes I forget that kids these days are so sensitive. Maybe we could just agree to disagree and go on with our lifes. God bless you.

I’m not sensitive at all, I just thought you sounded really stupid tbh lol

It’s okay, you’ll understand the sport one day. Get this... if you get up rocked and walk away from your opponent in combat sports... it gets called a TKO... I know... I know... you thought there was only knocking someone out cold... but what if I told you... there are Technical knockouts... crazy right?!?

Don’t act like a casual via trying to be a JBG Disciple.

I’m not sensitive at all, I just thought you sounded really stupid tbh lol

It’s okay, you’ll understand the sport one day. Get this... if you get up rocked and walk away from your opponent in combat sports... it gets called a TKO... I know... I know... you thought there was only knocking someone out cold... but what if I told you... there are Technical knockouts... crazy right?!?

Don’t act like a casual via trying to be a JBG Disciple.

I can see that you are really triggered by all this. All I'm saying is that I think it was a bad call to stop the fight like that. And that's my opinion.
Take care now.

People keep making shitty arguments for a shitty stoppage. The fight was not stopped when Overeem was on his butt, the fight was stopped after Overeem got back to his feet and his opponent was nowhere near him. The cut was also not the reason the fight was stopped. If you want to make an argument that the stoppage wasn't shitty fine, just don't make a shitty argument and get facts about the stoppage wrong.

WindyOpenBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

People keep making shitty arguments for a shitty stoppage. The fight was not stopped when Overeem was on his butt, the fight was stopped after Overeem got back to his feet and his opponent was nowhere near him. The cut was also not the reason the fight was stopped. If you want to make an argument that the stoppage wasn't shitty fine, just don't make a shitty argument and get facts about the stoppage wrong.
Overeem couldn’t stand straight up on his own two feet, stumbled and needed the fence to hold himself up. That’s a pretty good argument if you ask me.

When a fighter is dropped and not followed to the ground, he has to stand back up and fight. He couldn’t do that no matter how much time was left on the clock

intelligently defending yourself is when someone is punching you, he got knocked down with 4 seconds left. There was no time for the other dude to do anything in them 4 seconds

Especially since he was on the other side of the Octagon with his back turned celebrating.

Lmao by this logic any time someone gets knocked down the fight should be over

The fighter can't call the fight it's up to the referee and because Rozenstruik walked away, there's nothing for Overeem to defend himself against

No one seems to understand that, intelligent defense only comes into play when there is something to defend against.

The fight wasn't stopped due to the cut so i'm not really sure what Dan's reason was for stopping the fight since it officially wasn't the cut and Overeem had nothing to defend himself from and was standing.

I do think Overeem would have been done if Rozenstruik hit him more instead of just walking away but that's not what happened.

By this logic, any time a fighter gets dropped and you take still with them on the ground means its over?

The fight could have went on and Reem would have won a decision and there would have been zero controversy. He didn't even give Reem time to defend and he wasn't unconscious.

We have seen way worse, it was just Dan being jumpy.
Seems to work for Mark Hunt. Almost all of his 'walk offs' were basically just him not wanting to follow up, and the ref somehow agreeing to end the fight right there despite the opponents being conscious.

Reem got up right away, lately hes been doing the run away and reset thing he could have done that in four seconds but now we will never know, reem also got flash ko'd by werdum in the third fight in the third round and he went on to win the decision

Back