Putting an end to Reem vs Rozenstruik

I don't really have a problem with the stoppage, but using a still picture to argue his defense isn't a great argument.

Its not irrelevant. 4 seconds before the fight is over and Reem was recovering.

All he had to do was face his opponent or get up and walk towards him; instead he walked away from him with a bewildered look. Sorry man. Legitimate stoppage

It must suck to talk about how great someone is for years and when he finally gets to the ufc, he just can’t get the job done and become champ.

Never seen him survive a knockdown, I´m sure one of his fans can come up with one fight where he came back from one. But Mirigliota saved him from further concussion, Jairzinho saved him from further concussion, it was the best outcome for everyone.

I disagree. Miragliotta made a terrible mistake, Overeem was up and standing with a few seconds left on the clock. Usually he stays down, when he's knocked out I mean.
Anyway, life goes on.

I don't really have a problem with the stoppage, but using a sill picture to argue his defense isn't a great argument.
He should’ve shown the next frames where Overeem stands up and doesn’t face him and is walking away

4 seconds is enough to land at least 4 powerful shots and send Reem to coma or worse.

Sure, except Rozen treated it like a walk off before Dan even got there. If the fight continued, Reem could have covered up and made it to the end. The stoppage would have been perfectly executed IF Rozen kept punching, but he didn't.

He should’ve shown the next frames where Overeem stands up and doesn’t face him and is walking away

Not true. He looks at Rozenstruik while he is walking away.

View attachment 690103 Does this look like a fighter “intelligently defending himself”? Fight was over right there.

I disagree, when I was at the strip club, one of the strippers was trying to give me a dance, I even tried to pay her to stop her advances, well needless to say my ex wife caught me trying to defend myself in this exact position.

And she tried to insinuate I wasn't properly trying to defend myself, which I countered, finally 5 years later I can now show her even pro fighters with over a decade of experience use the exact same defense liberating myself once and for all.

DON'T FUCKING RUIN THIS FOR ME!!!

Sheep-eople are so shortsighted. Look at the round and then the ender. He got up and was on auto pilot as he was part stumbling in God knows what direction. I dont like to see anyone receive such a nasty cut but , again, the fighter who came to fight - won- dont care if there were 5 seconds left. I'm satisfied with outcome

I liked the stoppage and seeing the replay I'm glad Rozenstruik didn't land extra bombs on defenceless Overeem.

EDIT: Come to think of it, say Dan calls time for a doctor to check on Overeem's lip with 4 seconds to go. There's no way the fight would have gone on. The stoppage was good.

Last edited:
Not true. He looks at Rozenstruik while he is walking away.

He said walking the opposite way... when Dan Mirgliotta stops it, he has to run up to reem while he’s facing the opposite way walking away. You should watch again. I get you’re a reem fan but c’mon....

Clearly walking away the other way before dan officially stops it.

Sheep-eople are so shortsighted. Look at the round and then the ender. He got up and was on auto pilot as he was part stumbling in God knows what direction. I dont like to see anyone receive such a nasty cut but , again, the fighter who came to fight - won- dont care if there were 5 seconds left. I'm satisfied with outcome

This. This. This.

And to continue support...

Clearly bewildered walking away lol

Auto-pilot as you said

He said walking the opposite way... when Dan Mirgliotta stops it, he has to run up to reem while he’s facing the opposite way walking away. You should watch again. I get you’re a reem fan but c’mon....

Clearly walking away the other way before dan officially stops it.

Bud, you said the next frame. That's not the next frame. He notices that Rozenstruik seems to think it's over and he probably thought it was over. That is my guess. He probably wasn't assessing the situation critically cus he got his brain rattled. I don't get why you are arguing anyway, I already said I have no problem with the stoppage.

Sure, except Rozen treated it like a walk off before Dan even got there. If the fight continued, Reem could have covered up and made it to the end. The stoppage would have been perfectly executed IF Rozen kept punching, but he didn't.

Well the fight was stopped. Seems perfect to me.

Its not irrelevant. 4 seconds before the fight is over and Reem was recovering.
It is for the ref according to the rules. He's only supposed to see if Reem can continue or not. You guys are acting like the time remaining has an effect on whether a ref stops it or not. It doesn't.

Bud, you said the next frame. That's not the next frame. He notices that Rozenstruik seems to think it's over and he probably thought it was over. That is my guess. He probably wasn't assessing the situation critically cus he got his brain rattled. I don't get why you are arguing anyway, I already said I have no problem with the stoppage.

Because I find it confusing when anyone watches that video I posted and think Overeem was coherent. LOL...

1. If you say bud, I can’t take your responses seriously and I assume you’re a casual bro.

2. If he thinks it’s over and the ref hasn’t touched him yet, then he’s actually done. A fighter of his experience knows the fighter doesn’t stop the fight, the referee does; ala Silva-Bisping

3. Your second comment contradicted your first a bit.

Safe to say the stoppage was legitimate.

It is for the ref according to the rules. He's only supposed to see if Reem can continue or not. You guys are acting like the time remaining has an effect on whether a ref stops it or not. It doesn't.

This... referees don’t look at the clock before a stoppage to make sure lol

Ref saw Reem get hit very solid and crumble , so he was within his safety judgement discretion. In hindsight Reem was pushing himself against the fence which could be viewed as intelligently defending since improving his position. Opponent was not threatening to hit Reem but he saw Ref advancing so went with a risky walk off approach that sold to the Ref that waved it over. Tough break for Reem but he went limp on way down which gives Ref cause to call it, even though Ref should pay closer attention to aftermath. Bisping vs Silva was a good example where Ref did not call it as a walk off. Ref discretion can go either way so part of the fight dynamics. Refs are not perfect no one is. That was a borderline tough call error on safety. Win stands/.

but reem wasn't able to continue at that stage. he got finished before the bell and couldn't continue. it's not really that relevant that rozen was walking away because reem was finished. that's the call the ref has to make. sucks for reem but he had his hands down and got his face destroyed.

Because I find it confusing when anyone watches that video I posted and think Overeem was coherent. LOL...

Where did I say he was coherent?

1. If you say bud, I can’t take your responses seriously and I assume you’re a casual bro.

I can and did take it seriously. I just criticized it in a serious manner.

2. If he thinks it’s over and the ref hasn’t touched him yet, then he’s actually done. A fighter of his experience knows the fighter doesn’t stop the fight, the referee does; ala Silva-Bisping

A fight isn't over when a fighter thinks it's over. A fighter can be mistaken. A fight is over when the ref says it's over.

3. Your second comment contradicted your first a bit.

It doesn't. A picture doesn't tell the whole story. A gif already tells a lot more. The way "intelligently defending" gets judged is by watching what a fighter does, meaning does he move to a better position or does he try to cover up or anything like that. You can't see that in a picture.

Safe to say the stoppage was legitimate.

That's your opinion and I don't see a reason to argue against it.

Last edited:
Back