Putting an end to Reem vs Rozenstruik

It's amazing that fight fans really think that the guy knocked silly with his face half ripped off should have been given the win.

Where did I say he was coherent?

I can and did take it seriously. I just criticized it in a serious manner.

A fight isn't over when a fighter thinks it's over. A fighter can be mistaken. A fight is over when the red says it's over.

It doesn't. A picture doesn't tell the whole story. A gif already tells a lot more. The way "intelligently defending" gets judged is by watching what a fighter does, meaning does he move to a better position or does he try to cover up or anything like that. You can't see that in a picture.

That's your opinion and I don't see a reason to argue against it.

That’s fair, I end with, watch that video and once he stand up, he doesn’t look at his opponent, walks away and Dan hadn’t made contact or stopped it yet, he had to run after him. Just saying.

but reem wasn't able to continue at that stage. he got finished before the bell and couldn't continue. it's not really that relevant that rozen was walking away because reem was finished. that's the call the ref has to make. sucks for reem but he had his hands down and got his face destroyed.

This is on the money. The ref made the decision because of Reem, not because of Rozenstruick.

It's amazing that fight fans really think that the guy knocked silly with his face half ripped off should have been given the win.

It's a scoring and regulatory technicality that's definitely arguable, from a sport's perspective. Just from a true fighting perspective it's pretty obvious Rozenstruik won.

Its not irrelevant. 4 seconds before the fight is over and Reem was recovering.
that "recovering" only accured because Rozenstruik chose not to further smash his face in. He chose mercy over death.

I disagree. Miragliotta made a terrible mistake, Overeem was up and standing with a few seconds left on the clock. Usually he stays down, when he's knocked out I mean.
Anyway, life goes on.

But watch him walk away not looking at his opponent. Especially when you have a guy who has been knocked out like 15 times lol

Please tell me which part of him walking the opposite way and not looking at his opponent, makes him look recovered and ready to go.

4 seconds is enough to land at least 4 powerful shots and send Reem to coma or worse.

Rozenstruik could land huge uppercut just like Romero did to Rockhold, but he showed mercy.

It's absolute insane that some people are arguing about stoppage especially when you look at his lip and hands down when he was knocked down on his ass next to the fence.

But sherdog opinion doesnt matter, fighters and MMA community doesnt bitch about it because people with some knowledge about MMA (and people who followed Reem career) knows what's up.

I was mad that Reem fucked this up and got caught in last seconds, but imagine that Reem won by decision if this punch have landed at 4:59 or even 5:00. Decision on the paper, true winner - Jairzinho.
Exactly. I heard it was a controversial stoppage so watched the finish and didn’t really see any controversy at all. Reem looked like it would’ve only took one more strike to potentially put him out. He had his hands by his side, sitting against the fence, which reminded me of rockhold - Bisping’s finish. If Rozenstruik had just flurried like Bisping did rather than walk off, we wouldn’t even have been talking about this

There is a difference between someone giving an opinion on what happened during the fight, commenting on what has been the rules and procedures in similar fights like this for years and convincing people why the fighter they don't like was "knocked out" when Helen Keller could have clearly seen it that he was "knocked down". People have been commenting on this for two days by showing still photos and like a Patriots fan are making up new rules in a fight situation like this where their guy should have won the fight.

I could care less if I like the fighter or don't a bad call or a robbery in the NFL or UFC is bad for the sport.
I am not a Saints or Rams fan (don't dislike them either) but, in the Playoff game last year the live footage shows three ref's looking right at the play and the rules are crystal clear that a "defensive player can't pre-tackle the running back, receiver or a tight end when the ball is still nowhere near them yet. It was also a clear helmet to helmet hit.

The time left is as important in this fight as was the bad call against the Chiefs last year in the playoffs where the Patriots win the playoff game because the Chiefs defender lines up off sides and is penalized for it and every ex player, coach and the Chief's coach make the statement that in every game that there is a player that has done that the ref warns the team once before they throw a flag. The game would have been over and the Chiefs win without the call.

The fact is simple that REEM was knocked down, get's up and Rozenstruik walks away thinking he has won the fight (both fighters looked gassed and beat up). In no fight I have ever seen does the ref then run over and stop the fight and declare a TKO. I have seen in a hell of a lot of other UFC fights where in the same fight scenario the fighter comes over to finish the job (more strikes) and the "knocked down fighter" knocks him out.

The bottom line is that REEM was not "knocked out" and by Rozenstruik walking away without landing more strikes and actually "knocking REEM out" the time would have ran down and REEM wins the fight with clearly being up on points.

I haven't seen one person make a comment where they say that they believe if Rozenstruik comes over and lands 3 or 4 more strikes REEM doesn't get knocked out. Rozenstruik should have lost the fight for not finishing REEM off.

Lmao by this logic any time someone gets knocked down the fight should be over

The fighter can't call the fight it's up to the referee and because Rozenstruik walked away, there's nothing for Overeem to defend himself against

There is a difference between someone giving an opinion on what happened during the fight, commenting on what has been the rules and procedures in similar fights like this for years and convincing people why the fighter they don't like was "knocked out" when Helen Keller could have clearly seen it that he was "knocked down". People have been commenting on this for two days by showing still photos and like a Patriots fan are making up new rules in a fight situation like this where their guy should have won the fight.

I could care less if I like the fighter or don't a bad call or a robbery in the NFL or UFC is bad for the sport.
I am not a Saints or Rams fan (don't dislike them either) but, in the Playoff game last year the live footage shows three ref's looking right at the play and the rules are crystal clear that a "defensive player can't pre-tackle the running back, receiver or a tight end when the ball is still nowhere near them yet. It was also a clear helmet to helmet hit.

The time left is as important in this fight as was the bad call against the Chiefs last year in the playoffs where the Patriots win the playoff game because the Chiefs defender lines up off sides and is penalized for it and every ex player, coach and the Chief's coach make the statement that in every game that there is a player that has done that the ref warns the team once before they throw a flag. The game would have been over and the Chiefs win without the call.

The fact is simple that REEM was knocked down, get's up and Rozenstruik walks away thinking he has won the fight (both fighters looked gassed and beat up). In no fight I have ever seen does the ref then run over and stop the fight and declare a TKO. I have seen in a hell of a lot of other UFC fights where in the same fight scenario the fighter comes over to finish the job (more strikes) and the "knocked down fighter" knocks him out.

The bottom line is that REEM was not "knocked out" and by Rozenstruik walking away without landing more strikes and actually "knocking REEM out" the time would have ran down and REEM wins the fight with clearly being up on points.

I haven't seen one person make a comment where they say that they believe if Rozenstruik comes over and lands 3 or 4 more strikes REEM doesn't get knocked out. Rozenstruik should have lost the fight for not finishing REEM off.

Your NFL examples are off the mark. You also don't frame the issue in the Reem fight very well. The time on the clock is irrelevant. So was Rozenstruick walking away. What mattered, and the only thing that mattered, was that the ref determined that Reem was finished. He starts moving very quickly to end the fight as Reem is falling from the strike. At that point he certainly seemed unconscious and probably was. Go back and watch it again. Dan is moving in rapidly to end the fight. He doesn't look at Rozenstruick at all, and Rozenstruick walking off had no bearing on his decision. He's looking at Reem and he ended it based on how Reem went limp when he fell.

But watch him walk away not looking at his opponent. Especially when you have a guy who has been knocked out like 15 times lol

Please tell me which part of him walking the opposite way and not looking at his opponent, makes him look recovered and ready to go.

I never said he looked recovered and ready to go, one more punch and he could have been out cold, but that's not what happened so I think it was a bad stoppage.

Reem is just lucky he had the cage to break his fall.

If the cage wasn't there, his head would have looked like a basketball bouncing off the canvas.

I have watched the UFC fights since day one!
When a player is clearly "knocked out" and the other fighter is about ready to strike him another 2 - 3 -4 times the ref runs over and blocks the fighter and waves him off and calls the fight off due to a "knockout".

If a fighter is "knocked down" and the other fighter comes over and throws 2 - 3 -4 more strikes and the fighter isn't fighting back or even trying to block the strikes the ref runs over and blocks the fighter and waves him off and calls the fight off due to a TKO.

The ref isn't supposed to see the fighter that was "knocked Down" stand up and move around (kind of hard to do if you are "knocked out") and then assume if the other fighter had come over throwing 2-3-4 more strikes the fight would have been called off due to a TKO and therefore the ref is just going to call the fight off as a TKO anyway.

I think that would be called against the rules, bullshit, dumb as hell and more UFC bullshit...

If this fight, recent bullshit in other UFC fights recently and things like the Struve fight keep happening the UFC might as well be ran by Vince McMahon.

Hell, I will fight Brock Lesnar at the next UFC event if I can kick him hard in the nuts twice and the ref tells him he should contnue even though after the second crotch kick his nuts were kicked up into his throat.

View attachment 690103 Does this look like a fighter “intelligently defending himself”? Fight was over right there.
Pfft I think I changed my mind. I though it was a good stoppage but not anymore
He should have stopped the fight right there, but he didn't. Right there would have been OK for me.
But Overeem started walking, the other dude was walking the other way and not engaging. At that point he should have let those 4 seconds pass and let the fight go to decision

Back