Pushup results?

What about handstand pushups? Are those mostly shoulder and triceps?

I feel as if that will definitely add bulk and strength especially if you can only do a few, same with pull ups.

What's with the thread archaeology lately?

You! Crazy Carl! Obvious troll is obvious when you haven't made any posts in years and years and then revive this thread, get out and take your goddamn pushups with you!

Fuckwit troll is fuckwitted!

Last edited:
Thousands of pushups equal significant bench press gains.
Kung Fu death touch is real.

EDIT: this is a 2006 thread. I'm stupid.

You! Crazy Carl! Obvious troll is obvious when you haven't made any posts in years and years and then revive this thread, get out and take your goddamn pushups with you!

Pet peeve: people who say that an exercise "hits" certain muscle groups.

Favorite word that I almost never write in posts though I'm almost always thinking it:
Fuckwit

This brought joy to me at a time when I was angrily glaring at my coffee cup. Thank you.

Here's a few push up variations:
handstand push ups
hindu push ups
reptile push-ups ( bring in one knee to your shoulder while pressing)

The reason why I haven't posted in so long is because I was banned way back in '06 for a reason I never found out. I've lurked years before and years after '06 and randomly decided to see if my account was still banned, and it wasn't. I checked up on my only thread and bumped it with a legit question.

With that said.

Are there any reasons to not do calisthenics in the same day as running?

The reason why I haven't posted in so long is because I was banned way back in '06 for a reason I never found out. I've lurked years before and years after '06 and randomly decided to see if my account was still banned, and it wasn't. I checked up on my only thread and bumped it with a legit question.

With that said.

Are there any reasons to not do calisthenics in the same day as running?

Nice try. This is the classic troll approach of coming up with some justifying reason for not having posted in a long while, and then another really stupid question. Not falling for it - you should go practice on 4chan for a while before trying it here.

So are you still doing 100 push ups a day? Is your chest huge!?! What's the verdict?

Believe it or not, push ups did a lot for me. As long as you do explosive variations, some strength gains can be made. For example, I increased my max bench from 155 to 185 in two months of solid training. Although, after just two weeks of benching I was able to get my max to 205, and I feel that even with a bit of luck on a good lifting day I may be able to in fact do 210. If not this week, than definitely next week I'll be at 210 (don't chirp I'm only 150 pounds :'( but I'm working on bulking up so it's all good ). Moral of the story: Yes, push ups may indeed help your bench press and increase strength, but nothing is better for strength gains in the chest than the bench press. I made almost the same strength gains after two weeks of benching as I did after two months of explosive push ups. Increasing max benches at a higher weight is arguably harder as well, proving bench presses are more effective. (ie 120->140, a gain of 20 pounds, would not be anywhere near as hard as benching 180 pounds and moving up to 200 pounds) So try and do both as much as possible, but benching will get you stronger. Period.

Nice try. This is the classic troll approach of coming up with some justifying reason for not having posted in a long while, and then another really stupid question. Not falling for it - you should go practice on 4chan for a while before trying it here.

And here I was thinking trolls were the posters that posted too much about shit just to instigate people. You seem very on edge about something. Are you okay? Take a breath and then look up the definition of troll.

So are you still doing 100 push ups a day? Is your chest huge!?! What's the verdict?

I'm going into a police academy in NC so now I'm concentrating mostly on running.

Back