Pure Striking: Mousasi or Hall ?

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
If this fight stays on the feet, who you got winning ?

Mousasi:

- Great control of distance
- Great counter striking
- One of the best jabs in MMA
- Powerful leg kicks
- Great defense (hard to hit)

Hall:

- Knockout power
- Ridiculous speed
- Great kicking game
- Great counter striking
- Very accurate

Imo it's a very interesting fight if this stays on the feet, even if I think Moose will outgrapple Uriah.

Gegard Mousasi wins. I wish that this was a 5 round fight.

hi-res-97809285_crop_north.jpg

Moose will keep calm under pressure and coast to unanimous victory behind his jab.

Mousasi is fundamentally sound, also impossible to even rock, not saying to knock out. Hall is flashy and has low output. He's also very willing to concede the center of the octagon. Ultimately, this will be his downfall. Mousasi outpoints him for a clear 30-27 decision. I don't think Mousasi would be able to take Hall down or hold him there.

Mousasi by far.

What I find quite interesting in Hall is his gnp.

Mousasi by far.

What I find quite interesting in Hall is his gnp.

Definitely. Moose has good GnP too, just ask Bababouie. Moose could also take it to the ground and finish Hall with a sub even easier. I really hope he makes a statement instead of being content with a decision win. Moose is a finisher, he just needs that motivation back.

Definitely. Moose has good GnP too, just ask Bababouie. Moose could also take it to the ground and finish Hall with a sub even easier. I really hope he makes a statement instead of being content with a decision win. Moose is a finisher, he just needs that motivation back.

LOL, I didnt even know they would fight. I need to find some place to bet on Gegard, that is free money.

Moose, but Motivated Hall is a beast. Too bad we don't see that guy too often...

LOL, I didnt even know they would fight. I need to find some place to bet on Gegard, that is free money.

The matchup doesn't make sense anymore than Moose vs Carneiro. At least Hall is short notice but he's not even ranked top 15 and he gets the #6 guy. I guess it pays to take short notice fights against guys you wouldn't deserve to fight otherwise.

Mousasi is way more technical. Hall relies mostly on his explosiveness and athletic gifts, then looks lost when they aren't enough.

I just scrambled to see when the fight was to determine the likelihood of someone pulling out cuz they broke a nail.

i didnt realize its 3 rounds. As long as uriah dosnt let off the gas this is actually a competitive fight

Hall has a good chance if the fight remained standing... I don't see this happening. Moose will do his thang, get a takedown at some point and probably get a sub by rd 2.

Moose won't *Loose
Hall will Fall

*shits gotta rhyme homie

Moose is a pure striker. He is so good at it, that it doesn't look as impressive as it is.

Gegard is better MMA fighter. This is MMA, no kickboxing or wrestling or grapling. He is a complete MMA fighter. As I see: fast TD and GnP or choke. This fight is a huge step back of Mousasi.

Hall needs you on his perfect distance to hurt you. If you move in and out he has trouble with that. Hall an easy puzzle to fix. Even Ron Stallings figured it out.

In the odd event Moose gets punched hard by Hall, he still has a diamond chin. Moose by whatever he wants, but he'll grind it out on the mat as there he has the even bigger advantage.

Last edited:
Moose, but Motivated Hall is a beast. Too bad we don't see that guy too often...

Let me guess his last fight where he fought a 5-0 two weeks notice fighter who fell while throwing a kick leading to Gnp loss was beast Uriah Hall. Or his beastly win over prime UFC legend Chris Leben. You fell for the hype. The guy he spin kicked on TUF is a 6-4 WW who has gone 2-3 on low level local scene since TUF. The other two guys he beat on the reality show that you are basing this assessment on along with the UFC hype were scared of him..and not that good. Bubba has lost to a WW in UFC and was tapped in under a minute on Bellator prelims since then. Dylan Andrews was Ko'd 3x in a row and is like the only guy to make Papi Abedi look like a top level MW for a few rounds.

He lost to mediocre MW Rafael Natal, WW's Gastelum Howard and beat mostly crappy fighters & a completely shot Leben. What are you and anyone else basing this on? His TKO over short notice 13-7 Ron Stallings?

Moose is a pure striker. He is so good at it, that it doesn't look as impressive as it is.

Moose's BJJ is good. His striking is overrated imo. Jacare was going to knock him the fuck out before Moose got subbed. Mousasi has very sloppy technique often. Mousasi has a high fight IQ, though, and he's creative. Mousasi is also physically weak.

Back