Pure Striking: Mousasi or Hall ?

Let me guess his last fight where he fought a 5-0 two weeks notice fighter who fell while throwing a kick leading to Gnp loss was beast Uriah Hall. Or his beastly win over prime UFC legend Chris Leben. You fell for the hype. The guy he spin kicked on TUF is a 6-4 WW who has gone 2-3 on low level local scene since TUF. The other two guys he beat on the reality show that you are basing this assessment on along with the UFC hype were scared of him..and not that good. Bubba has lost to a WW in UFC and was tapped in under a minute on Bellator prelims since then. Dylan Andrews was Ko'd 3x in a row and is like the only guy to make Papi Abedi look like a top level MW for a few rounds.

He lost to mediocre MW Rafael Natal, WW's Gastelum Howard and beat mostly crappy fighters & a completely shot Leben. What are you and anyone else basing this on? His TKO over short notice 13-7 Ron Stallings?

It's frustrating being a Hall fan. The examples you gave of him winning are when he could outclass his opponents for highlights. When he goes up against someone with good experience and isn't able to ko them in the first minute. He seems gun shy and always looking for that highlight KO, which makes for a frustrating fight where he'll get outpointed for basically standing around kicking at air

I can't understand how people call Moose sloppy. Uriah relied more than one time on pure swaying back with his arms down. That flashy stuff will cost you the fight against somebody like Mousasi. He is the more disciplined striker compared to Hall.

Halls athleticism is the only thing that can give Mousasi problems in that fight. Besides of that I think he is better everywhere.

Mousasi's boxing is more technical, has better head movement and puts together better combinations.

Hall is a terrible combination striker, but he does have good kicks.

Mousasi wins in pure striking anyday, is much more technical and precise.

Back