Pure Striking: Mousasi or Hall ?

I think moose would pick him apart in a 5rder but I'm taking Hall in a tko blitz

Uriah-Hall-KO.jpg
mma_g_hall13_576.jpg
pure striking hall for sure but mma all around game gegard he wins this is not a kickboxing match

Wasn't Uriah shooting for Td's in his last fight? Moose wins on the feet and on the ground.

Mousasi via submission

Are we all forgetting Mousasi's K1 fights? Beating Kyotaro > Anything Hall has done in terms of pure striking.

Let me guess his last fight where he fought a 5-0 two weeks notice fighter who fell while throwing a kick leading to Gnp loss was beast Uriah Hall. Or his beastly win over prime UFC legend Chris Leben. You fell for the hype. The guy he spin kicked on TUF is a 6-4 WW who has gone 2-3 on low level local scene since TUF. The other two guys he beat on the reality show that you are basing this assessment on along with the UFC hype were scared of him..and not that good. Bubba has lost to a WW in UFC and was tapped in under a minute on Bellator prelims since then. Dylan Andrews was Ko'd 3x in a row and is like the only guy to make Papi Abedi look like a top level MW for a few rounds.

He lost to mediocre MW Rafael Natal, WW's Gastelum Howard and beat mostly crappy fighters & a completely shot Leben. What are you and anyone else basing this on? His TKO over short notice 13-7 Ron Stallings?

This !

Hall is so overrated.
Moose was a Kickboxer and i think hes better than Hall everywhere. Just because youre flashy doesnt mean youll win. Look at Raymond Daniels vs Holzken

Are we all forgetting Mousasi's K1 fights? Beating Kyotaro > Anything Hall has done in terms of pure striking.

People watch him KO guys on TUF and think Hall is a monster. They forget how unimpressive he has been against solid fighters in the UFC.

Moose's BJJ is good. His striking is overrated imo. Jacare was going to knock him the fuck out before Moose got subbed. Mousasi has very sloppy technique often. Mousasi has a high fight IQ, though, and he's creative. Mousasi is also physically weak.

I'd disagree ,Mousasi is a great striker. Moose has a great jab and is great at controlling distance. Moose isn't known for one punch KO power, but does have 19 wins by KO/TKO in MMA alone. So he makes it work. He bases nearly all his striking off his jab and changes his style to suit who he's fighting. Against Jacare, it clearly wasn't Moose's night. Jacare looked amazing and i haven't seen the fight since the original night, so i won't comment to much on it, but Jacare is arguably the #2 Middleweight in the world .

If this fight stays on the feet, who you got winning ?

Mousasi:

- Great control of distance
- Great counter striking
- One of the best jabs in MMA
- Powerful leg kicks
- Great defense (hard to hit)

Hall:

- Knockout power
- Ridiculous speed
- Great kicking game
- Great counter striking
- Very accurate

Imo it's a very interesting fight if this stays on the feet, even if I think Moose will outgrapple Uriah.

Hall got outstruck by Natal and Thiago Santos. Are you seriously asking which fighter will have the edge on the feet?

Mousasi by far. Hall is going to get wrecked.

Mousasi is my favourite fighter and I've watched him loads, but honestly, I'm unsure. Fundamentally Mousasi is very good, and he has an excellent chin, however Hall definitely has the speed and power advantage. The main weakness in Hall's striking game is that he has had a habit of being tentative at times. However, this won't matter too much as I don't see it being a pure striking match at all, Mousasi will outgrapple and submit him.

Moose's BJJ is good. His striking is overrated imo. Jacare was going to knock him the fuck out before Moose got subbed. Mousasi has very sloppy technique often. Mousasi has a high fight IQ, though, and he's creative. Mousasi is also physically weak.

I think a guy like Jacare with all his speed and power will always look good in spurts and while on the attack, especially when the opponent is super worried about the takedown. If Jacare and Mousasi ever striked for a whole fight, I would tend to believe that Mousasi could outstrike him in a competitive battle.

Mousasis striking is overrated if you think everyone believes he is K1 Mousasi and nobody is a match for him on the feet. But he is definitely one of the best strikers in the division. Unfortunately neither speed nor power are some of his main tools which seems to hurt especially in MMA.

No, no and no.

Mousasi. Hall is a great striker with knockout power, but Mousasi can take a hit and has the experience to secure another victory.

This fight is much better for Uriah thanks to it being only three rounds, but Mousasi still has better overall technique and I'm not sure Uriah can knock him out.

Let me guess his last fight where he fought a 5-0 two weeks notice fighter who fell while throwing a kick leading to Gnp loss was beast Uriah Hall. Or his beastly win over prime UFC legend Chris Leben. You fell for the hype. The guy he spin kicked on TUF is a 6-4 WW who has gone 2-3 on low level local scene since TUF. The other two guys he beat on the reality show that you are basing this assessment on along with the UFC hype were scared of him..and not that good. Bubba has lost to a WW in UFC and was tapped in under a minute on Bellator prelims since then. Dylan Andrews was Ko'd 3x in a row and is like the only guy to make Papi Abedi look like a top level MW for a few rounds.

He lost to mediocre MW Rafael Natal, WW's Gastelum Howard and beat mostly crappy fighters & a completely shot Leben. What are you and anyone else basing this on? His TKO over short notice 13-7 Ron Stallings?

Hall definitely beat Natal. i also scored the gastelum fight for him aswell. i dont remember the howard fight tho.

Everything else you said is true. esspecialy about dylan andrews and that makes me sad since iv rooted for him since TUF

Back