PULL-OUT KINGS HEAD-TO-HEAD: Who Wins The Race To Withdraw?

Jose has been pulling out of more high profile fights, as a lighter man, so you have to give him the edge in a p4p showdown.

Right, but the reason I went with all 9 defenses is fighters tend to pull out more after becoming champ than before (for obvious and understandable reasons) so all of a champ's defenses play into it.

But now you mention it, I actually should have played goofy with the numbers and gone with 7. It would've made the original post even more dramatic.

I see the sense in going off total title fights, but doing that takes away the understanding of how his fight pullout habit has been concentrated in the past several years. It hasn't been a career long habit, so saying something like he has pulled out six times but has fought twenty-six times, while true, gives one he pulls out of fights every third or fourth fight. But that isn't what we have seen since 2011.

OP also stated he has pulled out of five fights, but I'm fairly certain its six. I don't have the list of events handy, but I'm sure you could find it with a quick search.

I see the sense in going off total title fights, but doing that takes away the understanding of how his fight pullout habit has been concentrated in the past several years. It hasn't been a career long habit, so saying something like he has pulled out six times but has fought twenty-six times, while true, gives one he pulls out of fights every third or fourth fight. But that isn't what we have seen since 2011.

OP also stated he has pulled out of five fights, but I'm fairly certain its six. I don't have the list of events handy, but I'm sure you could find it with a quick search.

I just listed the 5 I know of. The Fightland article that came out after he pulled out of the Conor fight only mentioned 5 too.

"Aldo has now pulled out of five title contests through injury."

They talk about title contests, which I guess would include challenges too, but on this subject I feel like defenses are more relevant, since it's about champs holding up belts.

My prediction: both Weidman and Aldo will pull out. Conor vs. Edgar/Rockhold vs. Jacare

Aldo usually pulls out and then competes the next time out. Weidman...is injury prone, but I think he'll be fine. I'd imagine Weidman pulls out if anything.

Aldo competes the next time out if the fight is moved to Brazil. OK, that hasn't happened every time...

Aldo will pull out. Unless he's allowed the IV while the UFC publicly denies it along with other special supplements, Aldo won't be fighting McMouth.

474576554-chris-weidman-and-trainer-ray-longo-pose-for-gettyimages.jpg

Back