PULL-OUT KINGS HEAD-TO-HEAD: Who Wins The Race To Withdraw?

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
Chris Weidman has an unmatched 1:1 ratio of title defenses to title defense pull-outs, as close to a sure thing as you can get in a battle such as this ...

... but Jose Aldo has seniority, after 9 title defenses becoming a certified ace and taking the lead with 5 withdrawals.

Now they have the same date with destiny and finally go head-to-head in the title of P4P Pull-Out King. Who takes it?

Last edited:
So far, so good I guess. Maybe these lads learned their lessons?

Or does Luke return to form and pip them both?

Chris Weidman has an unmatched 1:1 ratio of title fights to title fight pull-outs, as close to a sure thing as you can get in a battle such as this ...

... but Jose Aldo has seniority, after 9 title fights becoming a certified ace and taking the lead with 5 withdrawals.

Now they have the same date with destiny and finally go head-to-head in the title of P4P Pull-Out King. Who takes it?

Aldo usually pulls out and then competes the next time out. Weidman...is injury prone, but I think he'll be fine. I'd imagine Weidman pulls out if anything.

Weidy will, if any. Aldo can't now, too much pressure after the shitstorm.

Chris Weidman has an unmatched 1:1 ratio of title fights to title fight pull-outs, as close to a sure thing as you can get in a battle such as this ...

... but Jose Aldo has seniority, after 9 title fights becoming a certified ace and taking the lead with 5 withdrawals.

I didn't know Chris pulled out of the first title fight with Anderson before 162. I dont think he pull out of his defense with Anderson at 168. So that's 2.

Would fucking lol if Aldo pulled out again.

UFC would strip him if that happened.

I think they both make their respective fights, but if I had to bet, it would be Weidman pulling out--only because Aldo has so much more riding on making it to the cage; pressure, respect and most likely the ownership of his belt.

I didn't know Chris pulled out of the first title fight with Anderson before 162. I dont think he pull out of his defense with Anderson at 168. So that's 2.

HA! Good call, I don't know why I put the numbers for defenses but didn't type 'defenses'. It's been a long week I guess.

3 pull-outs : 3 defenses = 1:1

Aldo vs Conor will happen this time. I can't say the same for Weidman vs Luke

I thought this was a lil nog thread when I read the title.

Luke out, Romero in.

Weidy will, if any. Aldo can't now, too much pressure after the shitstorm.

Aside from his rival I don't think there's a fighter on the planet under more pressure than Aldo is, but Aldo really seems like the guy who gives the least fucks about pressure.

You may be right though. What GSP has said about the pressure breaking him, as well as the falls of Anderson and Jones, reveals a lot about the effect pressure can have on a long-term champion, and Aldo is at more or less the same stage in his career as GSP was (number of fights/number of defenses). And Aldo carries Brazil in a way GSP never had to carry Canada. Not that Canada's not passionate about MMA, but Brazil's on another level and Aldo's their #1 hero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back