Prove Lyoto has a way to win this.

I think his point (and a common theme around here) is that Weidman is a much better version of Davis. If you consider that Phil was able to trade with Lyoto with relative impunity because of the constant takedown attempts - and when he did get him down, fired off a gang of GNP - its something to consider.

iNGLOAAvYQjBe.gif

Chris is long, has excellent timing, and is a finisher. Lyoto is most famous for getting into split stinkers (read: Rampage, Hendo, Davis) He had an exciting KO over Rashad, but he also had a fantastical KO loss to Shogun.

All that being said, there is no doubt that the Dragon is world class and very dangerous, but Chris is rightfully the favorite.

LOL, Davis got embarassed standing in that fight--Machida outclassed him everywhere but TD's--which phil did nothing with.

1.gif

Judges were wrong. They gave phil entire rounds for single takedowns that lasted only a few seconds and had no clean GNP landed.

LOL, Davis got embarassed standing in that fight--Machida outclassed him everywhere but TD's--which phil did nothing with.

1.gif

Judges were wrong. They gave phil entire rounds for single takedowns that lasted only a few seconds and had no clean GNP landed.

In the replay you could see Machida did nothing but whiff air in that entire exchange.

my 25 dorra on Lyoto proves success.

Weidman has had like -4 fights and Lyoto is proven quality. He can dance around a guy for 25 mins to win also so it seems like smart money.

He had an exciting KO over Rashad, but he also had a fantastical KO loss to Shogun.

Is it enjoyable for you to downplay things so hardcore?

Like how does someone so casually make a statement like that as if other exciting KOs (T. Silva, Couture, Bader, Munoz) didn't even happen?

Or maybe your argument is that Rashad was knocked out "cold". Okay, so were Thiago and Bader. And, if anything, I didn't find the Rashad KO to be as exciting, because he was essentially knocked out on his feet with Lyoto swinging so wildly it was a miracle he didn't gas just to find a coup de grace.

Since his fight with Thiago, he has a KO victory over 5 out of 12 opponents. If he isn't decisioning someone half the time, he's nearly spending the other half KO'ing them.

Chris is a beast and should be the favorite, by all means, but I could not let this slide.

Lyoto has veteran instincts, and I'm going to be betting some Vcash on him by KO.

I disagree. He shown some new tricks in his last fight against Mousasi.

When has Lyoto ever done a handstand capoeira kick in the past?

Oh wow, a handstand handstand capoeira kick. He's a totally different fighter.

In the replay you could see Machida did nothing but whiff air in that entire exchange.

There was a thread where someone slowed down and freeze framed the fight to show that Lyoto outstruck Davis something like two-to-one... during that exchange, Lyoto landed the kick, one of the punches, and obviously thrust-jumping your shin into someone's shoulder is gonna hurt.

I can`t see how Weidman can win this one.

Machida won`t drop his hands down and another once in a lifetime gifted leg-breaking win is unlikely.

I was about to participate in this thread but I remembered that I'm a grown man & not a high school kid.

agree with OP. i can see weidman taking lyoto down and smashing him with some gnp

I think this is basically a pick em fight but Lyoto's footwork and speed may be the difference. People also sleep on his grappling, he is very underrated on the ground especially defensively when it comes to avoiding damage and getting back to his feet. Chris may get him down but I have a hard time seeing him holding him there long enough to do damage. Look at how bad Mousasi outgrappled Munoz, Lyoto was basically even in the grappling with Moose when they fought.

He lands a good counter on anyone, he has the capability to end a fight. It is weather or not the oppurtunity arrises is the real question.

Machida is vastly more experienced than Weidman, who has never logged a legitimate win over a good striker.

I see many knees coming for The Chris. But also a fist sized hole in the cheetas chest is a very real possibility, CAN'T WAIT!

TS "I ignore some fights and focus on others"... He has no chance!!!

Machida is vastly more experienced than Weidman, who has never logged a legitimate win over a good striker.

1st silva fight is totally legit. Getting caught while clowning is just embarrasing to the clowner, doesn't make the win less legit. When Anderson did the same thing to Forrest he was considered the best ever. He gets KTFO'd when he tries it vs Weidman and it is a fluke? GTFO!

I disagree. He shown some new tricks in his last fight against Mousasi.

When has Lyoto ever done a handstand capoeira kick in the past?

Exactly. He'll show some new tricks. But he won't come out with a brand new style he has never shown before.

TJ had never shown movement or boxing anywhere near what he did in his previous fights. It wasn't just adding in new tricks. It was an entirely new style. No one was expecting that.

machida been destroying wrestlers left and right. Weidmann will look awkward trying to hit machida for 5 rnds and wont be able to land a TD.

Machida 50-45

Back