Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Contest

You cannot get that from what I have written man. You just cant.
One of these dumb shits will end up getting killed (an outrageous and horrific act) and then everyone will feel sorry for him. That is stupid too.

It is like some of you have either forgotten about, or are ignorant of what happened at the Charlie Hebdo offices.

...And you would side with the terrorists shouting Allahu Akbar firing Kalashnikovs.

That kind of moral relativism is embarrassing.
Charlie Hebdo
The Satanic Verses
Theo van Gogh

Yeah, different levels, but same principle. Hell, UK grooming gangs - to paraphrase some UK cops "We were afraid to arrest them because the community would riot." If the relevance is lost on you (not you particularly) don't bother responding.

Some aspects of modern culture are so pathetic. There is a problem with Islamic extremism, and their idea is to have a troll competition? I feel like there are millions of overgrown man-children nowadays. Grow up, it's embarrassing.

If you want to protest extremism then do something that actually protests extremism. Don't just gather a bunch of losers to draw pictures of Muhammed. That has nothing to do with extremism, it's just shamefully juvenile.
Well when were talking about extremism these contests bring the crazies out so it probably has a practical application.

Im not mad either man. At all. I think you should not draw those images or support those who do. I support your right to do so.....

Im not feeling supported im feeling admonished

And I think you need a reminder about who we are talking about here

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01/07/shooting-reported-at-office-satirical-french-newspaper.html

I fucking wish I thought drawing Mohamed was as childish as you do but I have not forgotten that its actually serious business

Terror-Attack-on-C_3156886c.jpg

That doesnt look like a childs game to me how bout to you ?

This reaction is why you have to do stupid things like that

If piss christ made Christians go that god damn nuts I would never piss in a toilet or on a bush again because we would have a lot of work to do

its not that I want to go out of my way to offend anyone most of the time i am a very nice person ... but when one group says If you offend me I will kill I take that as a threat an insult and a challenge . Oh no motherfucker you will not thought police me or terrorize me

While we dont agree here do you at least see where i am coming from ? Im not an Islamophobia but I am totally fed up with radical islam

Pakistan is actually very strategically important and IIRC most of the aid they get is military aid. Basically bribe money to keep them on team USA. That said their strategic significance seems more relevant for the US, not the Netherlands so I doubt the latter value their relationship to Pakistan too much.

They're trying to make a point. If you always cower in fear of a retaliation you're giving the extremists what they want. I know its a cliche but if you let the terrorists censor you with the threat of violence they win.

Personally not a fan of Geert Wilders, he's just a bigoted loser who is probably sore that he got BTFO in the last election. But as much as I hate to admit it the likes of him and Geller do have a point in trying to put their foot down on this issue. I wish it was less unsavory and bigoted people doing it but c'est la vie.

We almost agree entirely. I wish the people who were speaking out were doing it in a way that is not needlessly provocative. See a cartoon is just not important IMO. Honest debate and discussion (which is not easy to come by) combined with support for those activists from within seeking transformation is miles away from cowering in the corner.... and you don't have to offend would be allies within the Muslim faith to do it.

Agreed. For new Muslim immigrants wanting to enter the country, have a group of them together before entering, while showing cartoons of Mo. If this is their reaction,
1_123125_2073765_2156480_2167365_070625_fw_protestertn.jpg.CROP.promo-large.jpg

giphy.gif
Or if we’re talking about real life here, we could go the route of Switzerland and have them shake hands with the opposite gender. If they refuse, no citizenship.

Im not feeling supported im feeling admonished

And I think you need a reminder about who we are talking about here

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01/07/shooting-reported-at-office-satirical-french-newspaper.html

I fucking wish I thought drawing Mohamed was as childish as you do but I have not forgotten that its actually serious business

Terror-Attack-on-C_3156886c.jpg

That doesnt look like a childs game to me how bout to you ?

This reaction is why you have to do stupid things like that

If piss christ made Christians go that god damn nuts I would never piss in a toilet or on a bush again because we would have a lot of work to do

its not that I want to go out of my way to offend anyone most of the time i am a very nice person ... but when one group says If you offend me I will kill I take that as a threat an insult and a challenge . Oh no motherfucker you will not thought police me or terrorize me

While we dont agree here do you at least see where i am coming from ? Im not an Islamophobia but I am totally fed up with radical islam

I absolutely see where you are coming from. I just think it is better to resist the impulse to mock when you could offer real constructive criticism instead. cartoons about Mohamed are not necessary for this battle..... and I think are potentially alienating for the many who would like to transform Islam from within but for whom mocking Mohamed is not on the docket.

I want what you want but I think what I am suggesting is a better way to get it.

Pakistan is actually very strategically important and IIRC most of the aid they get is military aid. Basically bribe money to keep them on team USA. That said their strategic significance seems more relevant for the US, not the Netherlands so I doubt the latter value their relationship to Pakistan too much.

They're trying to make a point. If you always cower in fear of a retaliation you're giving the extremists what they want. I know its a cliche but if you let the terrorists censor you with the threat of violence they win.

Personally not a fan of Geert Wilders, he's just a bigoted loser who is probably sore that he got BTFO in the last election. But as much as I hate to admit it the likes of him and Geller do have a point in trying to put their foot down on this issue. I wish it was less unsavory and bigoted people doing it but c'est la vie.
Honestly, how is Pakistan strategically important? I get how a place like Saudi Arabia is important but Pakistan? The Cold War is over.

If they’re cooperating on countering terrorism, they’re probably giving us 50% of the info they really have.

The only reason I want Pakistan on the payroll is because they have nukes.

They aren’t economically important and in terms of counter terrorism, after finding out that ISI knew Bin Laden was in the country and the fact that they find terror groups... not a great ally I think

This is why people lose me when they say that the problem with Islam is just some tiny handful of nuts. If that were true there wouldn't be a possibility of violence just for drawing their pedo-prophet. Pakistan might be the worst country on the planet, meanwhile here in Canada we tear down statues of our first PM but raise a statue of Jinnah....what a bunch of bullshit.

Oh Boy

Just imagine if the Catholic Church announced it was making the drawing of Baby Jesus a crime punishable by death and asked all Catholics to kill any evil doer that does such.

After this proclamation a large group of Americans say “Fuck That” and start drawing pictures of Baby Jesus

Would ANYONE in the WR call those people showing the Catholic Church it is their right to draw Baby Jesus a troll? Would anyone call them immature and childish for standing up to the Catholic Church

This is why people lose me when they say that the problem with Islam is just some tiny handful of nuts. If that were true there wouldn't be a possibility of violence just for drawing their pedo-prophet. Pakistan might be the worst country on the planet, meanwhile here in Canada we tear down statues of our first PM but raise a statue of Jinnah....what a bunch of bullshit.

The tiny number is a little misleading. I cant remember the statistics but it is something like 10% that believe in acting out violence in the name of their religion. The scary numbers are the peoeple who would not do the violence but support those who do. Again the numbers are wrong here but it was something like 30% that feel that way. The problem is there are 1.57 billion Muslims in the world so these are big numbers.

My percentages here are wrong but in the ballpark

I absolutely see where you are coming from. I just think it is better to resist the impulse to mock when you could offer real constructive criticism instead. cartoons about Mohamed are not necessary for this battle..... and I think are potentially alienating for the many who would like to transform Islam from within but for whom mocking Mohamed is not on the docket.

I think in order to have the debate you have to expose it , and that their are a lot of people out there who refuse to even admit theres a problem . I think you have to show what it is again and again and that nothing has changed and they havent gone away

I just dont know how you have the debate without having it on every front

I think it also has to be known that even on the lowest most simpleton level that , we in the west are not going to change for you and if you would like us to stop droning you to death and seeing you as terrorists you guys are gonna have to stop acting like that and being cooky about your religion .

I seriously have terrorist fatigue and I will admit that it is a really good thing I am not the president

Don’t be scared Homie
You sound like a fat kid in middle school trying to explain why he had to pick a fight with the skinny kid over the ding dong his mom packed him for lunch.

I don't see anything appealing about antagonizing millions of people all over the world. This just perpetuates violence. It's immature and self-centered.

You sound like a fat kid in middle school trying to explain why he had to pick a fight with the skinny kid over the ding dong his mom packed him for lunch.

a fat kid does not have to explain to anyone why he beat a kid down over his DIng Dong because we already know

Just sayin

I don't see anything appealing about antagonizing millions of people all over the world. This just perpetuates violence. It's immature and self-centered.

There were a lot of people that had your mindset in Pre WW2 Germany

There were a lot of people that had your mindset in Pre WW2 Germany
Not similar in any way. And trust me, you know shit about Pre WW2 compared to me. So settle down middle schooler.

I remember when this happened in Texas. It was the most obvious trap ever.
That just pisses me off. The organizers should have been investigated for incitement or something. The whole event was a wink and nod that the participants might get to legally kill someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back