Media Proof Jon Jones is not the GOAT

The only actual "proof" we have from all of those years is the UFC put up their "best" in Chuck, and Pride put up their "best" in the tournament and the UFC got their ass handed to them in the 2nd round. They had to throw in the towel, literally.

Other than that, it's all conjecture who was the "best" org. At the time Fedor rose through the ranks though...at that time...most every "expert" was of the opinion Pride was better. It's difficult to understand that mindset after the last 10 years of UFC media mindfuck, but Pride was definitely the better org in the early/mid 00's.
Pride was the best org for sure, but how does that translate to Jones?
All in saying is a lot of the Pride fighters werent necessarily oute of their prime when they had mixed results in the UFC or whereever.
They were still great fighters but lost a few and therefore not considered "the best" anymore when in reality they often had bad fights in Pride too but were promoted way better and build up again.

Jon Jones is 32 years old. Do you know how old those Pride fighters were when they came here? You think they were old but they just fought different without "Pride" level training. Go listen to baseball when the home run records were being set. They used to talk about the "juiced ball" for the reason. MLB was messing with the ball and that's why there were so many home runs, LOL. Your insight is just as stupid. Your biased and you just don't understand what you're watching.

A Jon Jones fan has the gall to condemn other fighters for cheating...

<Fedor23>

Jon Jones is 32 years old. Do you know how old those Pride fighters were when they came here? You think they were old but they just fought different without "Pride" level training. Go listen to baseball when the home run records were being set. They used to talk about the "juiced ball" for the reason. MLB was messing with the ball and that's why there were so many home runs, LOL. Your insight is just as stupid. Your biased and you just don't understand what you're watching.
I'm stupid even though you're the one using stats from totally unrelated sports. Nobody here cares about baseball. Oh yeah, it's your hero Jones who got caught with illegal substances, not Fedor.

Fedor was 29-1 when Jones had his pro-debut. Where are the superior Randy Couture, Chuck Lidell, Tim Sylvia and other UFC fighters from that ERA?

You got owned, now go talk shit on the baseball forum you retard.

Fedor is the Wilt Chamberlain of MMA

Its very much a discussion lol

Jones beat ex champions when the top of that division was old, WHILE ON STEROIDS.
You left that part out conveniently.
On that point, theres no room for assumptions, if you're gonna say fedor was on the juice, show me a failed test result. I know the ordeal with pride and their polices, that means dick. Show me a failed test

Also beat a bunch of guys who should never have challenged for the title too because the division was shallow AF.
He still has a who's who like collection of great names to his resume but most of them were fought past their prime for sure.
His best win is easily DC.

Fedor - Cro Cop easily the best most high level mma fight in history.

Jones lost to a mid level MW and also took PED’s. He can’t be considered the GOAT.

Jones' has never lost a fight...whether or not some people think he lost to santos, even thought the fight stats say jones clearly won...doesn't matter...the judges said jones' won..so all the opinions of biased fans, is irrelevant....

The guys Jones beat weren't old. They just weren't in Pride where they were able to "train" however they wanted to. It's funny how all the Pride fighters looked so much and fought so much different in the U.S. If you need a failed test to understand what was happening in Pride or in other organizations currently you just aren't that bright. Maybe you are smart but are just in exreme denial.
Steroids weren't banned in Pride. Everyone took them. Jones took steroids in the UFC where they were banned. He beat fighters who weren't taking them. That's cheating. He's DQ'd from being the GOAT.

Jones' has never lost a fight...whether or not some people think he lost to santos, even thought the fight stats say jones clearly won...doesn't matter...the judges said jones' won..so all the opinions of biased fans, is irrelevant....
Yeah Jones can barely beat mediocre middleweights when he's not on steroids.

Its very much a discussion lol

Jones beat ex champions when the top of that division was old, WHILE ON STEROIDS.
You left that part out conveniently.
On that point, theres no room for assumptions, if you're gonna say fedor was on the juice, show me a failed test result. I know the ordeal with pride and their polices, that means dick. Show me a failed test

Kind of hard when he wasn't tested for practically his whole career.

Why can't Fedor and Jones both be the goat

Only because one has the superior record... and that's Jones

If we are going off of pure fighting...Jones is legitimately proven to be the better of the two based off of results/career and record

Fedor is more polish of a person and represents fighting way better but he's just not the better fighter if we going by results

They openly admit there are steroids in his system today. That's a fact. He's just getting a pass on a technicality because they can't prove he is taking them but is doing something no athlete in sport's history have..... " pulsing"..... Lol

Do you really think the tiny shreds of substance left in his system at this point in time is what has made him one of (if not THE) best fighters we've ever seen?

The main benefit of PEDs to fighters is recovery time.

You knock Jones for a failed test, but glorify a guy who dodged the #1 organization for his entire career? Not only did he refuse to fight in the UFC, he preferred to fight the majority of his career where PEDs were welcomed and encouraged.

The logic is not with you, my child.

Do you really think the tiny shreds of substance left in his system at this point in time is what has made him one of (if not THE) best fighters we've ever seen?

The main benefit of PEDs to fighters is recovery time.

You knock Jones for a failed test, but glorify a guy who dodged the #1 organization for his entire career? Not only did he refuse to fight in the UFC, he preferred to fight the majority of his career where PEDs were welcomed and encouraged.

The logic is not with you, my child.
Who do I glorify? I am going to assume you're not talking about Fedor, the guy I've continuously said made a career in an organization that promoted PED usage when Fedor fans would use that as an argument against Jones. lol when your argument is something you just made up, do you really have an argument, "my child"?

Fedor isn't even my top3 favourite HWs, let alone fighters, bud. Better luck next time, little guy?

Could you dorks be more fanatical about anything more meaningless? GOAT isn’t a real thing.

Fedor hasn't beat half the competition Jon Jones has and that's just facts

Nobody..NOBODY has beat those many ex champions and title contenders back to back like that.

Fedor and GSP have tapped. Jones has never been finished or submitted WHILE facing the best in the best organization.

It's not even a discussion.

fedor is smaller than jones and spent his career fighting heavyweights. jon is a pussy, a limpdick, and manlet basher by default

tuc2ypmnvhi-15356046028841764945279-29-0-310-500-crop-1535604672504554239222.jpg

As far as im concerned Jones lost that right when he popped, more than once to boot. The debate is only between Fedor and GSP as of now.

thanks, that was so much fun to watch! saw lots names i dont know from Bas Rutten's era, will be checking them out

Back