• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Progress pics. Can anyone relate?

Yea I went through a similar thing but I did the opposite and gained weight. I graduated highschool 115 pounds. I then started lifting weights and after a year got to 120. Started going to bodybuilding forums and learned about bulking and cutting. I'm now at 180 pretty ripped. I've been as high as 210. I just love looking in the mirror and seeing how far I've come. Sometimes I can't even believe the body I see in the mirror is mine.

Yea I went through a similar thing but I did the opposite and gained weight. I graduated highschool 115 pounds. I then started lifting weights and after a year got to 120. Started going to bodybuilding forums and learned about bulking and cutting. I'm now at 180 pretty ripped. I've been as high as 210. I just love looking in the mirror and seeing how far I've come. Sometimes I can't even believe the body I see in the mirror is mine.

Awesome bro, congrats. I'm about 130-135 at 5'6 and am looking to gain some weight this coming year. I used to cut to 133 when I wrestled in college but I was training 2-3 times a day and eating probably triple the calories. What are some good techniques to put on about 10-15 pounds of muscle? What forums did you frequent? I have such a hard time gaining weight because my metabolism is crazy fast. Do you think those appetite increasers work?

That's damn impressive.

Lots of good stuff ITT. Glad to see so many people have been able to make positive changes in their lives!

Awesome bro, congrats. I'm about 130-135 at 5'6 and am looking to gain some weight this coming year. I used to cut to 133 when I wrestled in college but I was training 2-3 times a day and eating probably triple the calories. What are some good techniques to put on about 10-15 pounds of muscle? What forums did you frequent? I have such a hard time gaining weight because my metabolism is crazy fast. Do you think those appetite increasers work?

I've been doing this for about 8-9 years. I had the same issue as you with gaining weight I just felt like it was impossible for me to do. The best advice I ever got was from a guy who told me to eat every 2-3 hours as much as I can even if all I could eat was half a banana or just one bite. Eventually you'll stretch your stomach out and it just gets easier and easier at that point. The forums I went to were wannabebig.com it used to be great but the website is pretty much dead now. The main advice I can give is don't be stingy with your protien. I used to be so stingy with my protien powder and now I realize that only held me back. Some of the best gains I've made were when I increased my protein intake substantially. I drink up to 4 protien drinks a day once in the morning, after I workout, after lunch and before bed. That on top of my regular meals ends up being a huge amount of protein. Also remember whenever you gain weight you will gain fat. The slower you gain weight the more muscle you'll gain, the faster you gain weight the more fat you'll gain. Also diet is key when it comes to weight lifting cleaning up my diet in general just made my gains so much better.

Always been devilishly handsome and svelt. So, no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back