Pro Sports Lab: Conor McGregor is elite of the elites [We NEVER see skills like his!]

Football is so much about talent and vision and not only athleticism, thats beautiful

True - but sadly its even more about milking cards and generally complaining and lying around crying.

and is great to play football with your friends in a field near your home every weekend !!! you can't do that with american football

Of course you can.

True - but sadly its even more about milking cards and generally complaining and lying around crying.

Of course you can.

well, thats true, FIFA is a mafia and dont want technology used in refeering, when camera replays play a role into it, that will be fixed for good. In some games is really a problem, but in most of them doesnt really matters tough

oooh come on, yes, you maybe you can but is much more difficult, and most probably you have not the helmet and armor. When you play soccer in your local field, you are really playing just like ronaldinho or messi did in their homeplaces

So wait, in all seriousness, this "lab" was paid by the UFC to conduct these tests (I'm sure coincidentally prior to McGregor's fight)?

When Sports Science ran, it was a collaborative relationship, not a paid service... so most of us could stomach it. If this is paid-for, it's validity is suspect.

Well I'm sure they paid for it but that's what you would expect really. Do you think these people are just going to work for free just because the UFC wants them to? These people do these test for big sports like the NBA/NFL etc they aren't doing it for free just cause of the UFC.

Reminds me of Deadliest Warrior where they'd give the guys 1-2 swings with their preferred weapon and apply that directly to testing. One team gets a single sloppy swing and their entire army dies.

That show is the absolute worst.

I covered this already in my thread, complete with much more detail. There are a lot of conspiracy theorists wearing their tinfoil hats on Sherdog, GOAT haters and skeptics with nothing better to do. Sherdog is also home to the world's leading "scientists" talking about physics when they don't even know what an FPS distance/time metric meant. :icon_lol:

California State University, Fullerton's Center for Sport Performance (CSP) >>> Sherdog "science"

csp_logo.gif

Board of Directors:

Lee E. Brown, EdD, CSCS*D, FNSCA, FACSM
Professor - Strength and Conditioning
California State University, Fullerton
Department of Kinesiology
Phone: (657) 278-4605, Email: [email protected]

Jared W. Coburn, PhD, CSCS*D, FNSCA, FACSM
Professor - Exercise Physiology
Phone: (657) 278-2629, Email: [email protected]

Scott K. Lynn, PhD
Assistant Professor - Biomechanics
Phone: (657) 278-7779, Email: [email protected]

csp_news.gif

Advisory Board:

Andrea J. Becker, PhD
Associate Professor - Sport Psychology
Phone: (657) 278-5498, Email: [email protected]

William J. Kraemer, PhD, CSCS, FNSCA, FACSM
Professor - Physiology and Neurobiology
University of Connecticut
Phone: (860) 486-6892, Email: [email protected]

Kristy L. Richardson, MS, MPH, RD, CSSD, CHES
Registered Dietitian & Exercise Physiologist
Fullerton College
Phone: (949) 933-6788, Email: [email protected]

Joseph P. Weir, PhD, FNSCA
Professor and Chair
University of Kansas
Department of Health, Sport, and Exercise Sciences
Phone: (785) 864-0784, Email: [email protected]

Their homepage --> http://hhd.fullerton.edu/knes/csp/default.htm

So...A bunch of P.E. teachers who paid way too much for their 'degrees'?

I enjoyed the video. Could be longer and with more details actually.
I like the McGregor hype train. I think it's good for the sport. I hope he gets his title shot.

That's why real Football is bigger than Netball\Rounders\And stop Rugby all together.

That article was written by a woman - that says is all.

I'm not even going to comment on what she wrote because she's clearly just defending National sports from becoming less irrelevant.

Any educated sports fan would laugh at that article.

Football is the greatest and most popular sport on the planet and you have no argument with the second part of that sentence.

Ton's of popular shit sucks. Justin Bieber sucks. American Idol sucks the whole kardashian thing sucks

Rugby is cool.

Soccer sucks

140xb8l.jpg

This propaganda is the funniest fucking shit ever

I preferred when they used sportscience as their pseudo-scientific hyping tool. This gave me no insight into how the rotational speed of McGregor's spinning back kick compared to the rotation of an Apache's rotor.

Lmao, haha that show was great

I covered this already in my thread, complete with much more detail. There are a lot of conspiracy theorists wearing their tinfoil hats on Sherdog, GOAT haters and skeptics with nothing better to do. Sherdog is also home to the world's leading "scientists" talking about physics when they don't even know what an FPS distance/time metric meant. :icon_lol:

California State University, Fullerton's Center for Sport Performance (CSP) >>> Sherdog "science"

csp_logo.gif

Board of Directors:

Lee E. Brown, EdD, CSCS*D, FNSCA, FACSM
Professor - Strength and Conditioning
Phone: (657) 278-4605, Email: [email protected]

Jared W. Coburn, PhD, CSCS*D, FNSCA, FACSM
Professor - Exercise Physiology
Phone: (657) 278-2629, Email: [email protected]

Scott K. Lynn, PhD
Assistant Professor - Biomechanics
Phone: (657) 278-7779, Email: [email protected]

csp_news.gif

Advisory Board:

Andrea J. Becker, PhD
Associate Professor - Sport Psychology
Phone: (657) 278-5498, Email: [email protected]

William J. Kraemer, PhD, CSCS, FNSCA, FACSM
Professor - Physiology and Neurobiology
University of Connecticut
Phone: (860) 486-6892, Email: [email protected]

Kristy L. Richardson, MS, MPH, RD, CSSD, CHES
Registered Dietitian & Exercise Physiologist
Fullerton College
Phone: (949) 933-6788, Email: [email protected]

Joseph P. Weir, PhD, FNSCA
Professor and Chair
University of Kansas
Department of Health, Sport, and Exercise Sciences
Phone: (785) 864-0784, Email: [email protected]

Their homepage --> http://hhd.fullerton.edu/knes/csp/default.htm

I will only take this people with all these credentials seriously if I know they post on Sherdog.

A professional sports lab recently brought Conor McGregor into their facility and tested his reaction time, power, and movement. They concluded that McGregor is not just an elite athlete, but is better than an elite athlete, with a combination of athletic skills that they never see.

This is their statement:

"All we test in our lab are elite level athletes, and what we found out today is not that Conor is elite, but he is elite compared to the elites. He has exceptional balance; he's got amazing movement; he generates movement in the exact right places; he's incredibly fast and incredibly powerful, [and] we don't see that all in one package -- ever!"

Here is the video of the testing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whCcF7ASyXw

Your thoughts?

Sounds like a pseudoscience hype thing

Most people will talk some shit on TV if getting the right money, Phd or no Phd.

well, thats true, FIFA is a mafia and dont want technology used in refeering, when camera replays play a role into it, that will be fixed for good. In some games is really a problem, but in most of them doesnt really matters tough

I am not talking about FIFA - I am talking about the whiny little bitches that maskerade as sportsmen ( aka the players )

oooh come on, yes, you maybe you can but is much more difficult,

No it isn't - you do not even need a goal

and most probably you have not the helmet and armor.

And you do not need them.

Then this the beauty of opinions, however when a woman writes an article that she knows very little about, I certainly wouldn't take her opinion seriously.

Coulter is dumb as a sack of bricks - but you concentrating on her being a woman makes me think you top her in this category

As I play football, I know a lot about it (which I'm not going to bother debating about now) and imo its a great sport.

So you are dumb and a whiny bitch - congratz.

I am not talking about FIFA - I am talking about the whiny little bitches that maskerade as sportsmen ( aka the players )

As opposed to a bunch of steroid freaks who play for roughly 12 minutes in a 3 hour NFL game?

So some "sports science" place looking for some marketing pays Connor to show up and do some testing and proclaim him to be the best ever...sure.

A Silva would KO him in 2 minutes...STFU with this marketing nonsense.

As opposed to a bunch of steroid freaks who play for roughly 12 minutes in a 3 hour NFL game?

I am not really a fan of American Football either.

This is mostly because:
- Its not that popular in Germany
- I played it for a bit but found that as a player you have no decisions left to make ( the coach does that for you )

I still think whining grown ( and actually pretty athletic men ( most of them )) belong into impro theater not sports.

Actually female soccer players tend to be quite a bit less whiny.

The team sports I enjoy watching are also the ones I enjoyed playing most.

- (Ice) Hockey
- Rugby

Now to everyone his own I guess ( and my wife is a massive football fan ) - but I find football ( soccer ) often boring and very often cringe worthy.

Back