News Pro-Ali Act Anderson Silva Talks Fighter Pay with Weidman: "Why Don't [UFC] Respect the Fighters"

Lol.

Silva: "Hey Jon, would you be ok if I took that fight against DC you fucked up on? Thanks buddeh!"

post some links that support your position with any factual information.
-The UFC gets paid a fixed fee per fight night
-UFC fight nights and to a lesser extent PPVs were of noticeably worse fighter quality
-UFC, while never being able to create a bubble like the NBA, could have quarantined fighters for longer and more heavily enforced it. They could have also paid talent sitting out more money to make the risk of fighting during Covid more enticing.

Which one of those statements isn't true?

-The UFC gets paid a fixed fee per fight night
-UFC fight nights and to a lesser extent PPVs were of noticeably worse fighter quality
-UFC, while never being able to create a bubble like the NBA, could have quarantined fighters for longer and more heavily enforced it. They could have also paid talent sitting out more money to make the risk of fighting during Covid more enticing.

Which one of those statements isn't true?
i asked for any links with factual support for your claims. you just posted again your own shitty opinion.

i asked for any links with factual support for your claims. you just posted again your own shitty opinion.
So which of those statements are not factual? Are you disputing that the UFC gets a flat fee per fight night? Or are you trying to argue that they UFC couldn't do a better job of quarantining athletes?

So which of those statements are not factual? Are you disputing that the UFC gets a flat fee per fight night? Or are you trying to argue that they UFC couldn't do a better job of quarantining athletes?

this is such a fuckin stupid take. derp they could have done a "better job" quarantining athletes. so could the nfl, mlb, nba, etc. anyone who tested positive in any sport could have been quarantined more effectively and they only reason they didn't was because they are cheap! travel restrictions were only there because the ufc didn't spend the money to lobby to have them lifted. vaccines weren't available because they were too cheap to spend on research and testing......

this is such a fuckin stupid take. derp they could have done a "better job" quarantining athletes. so could the nfl, mlb, nba, etc. anyone who tested positive in any sport could have been quarantined more effectively and they only reason they didn't was because they are cheap! travel restrictions were only there because the ufc didn't spend the money to lobby to have them lifted. vaccines weren't available because they were too cheap to spend on research and testing......
The UFC barely even tried to make a bubble, fighters were free to come and go. And lo and behold, you had a staggering rate of Covid test positives and fight cancelations. UFC could have clearly done more it just would have cost more money.

And notice I didn't say anything about travel restrictions. The UFC actually did lobby behind the scenes and got Brazilians fast tracked for visas if I recall.

The UFC barely even tried to make a bubble, fighters were free to come and go. And lo and behold, you had a staggering rate of Covid test positives and fight cancelations. UFC could have clearly done more it just would have cost more money.

And notice I didn't say anything about travel restrictions. The UFC actually did lobby behind the scenes and got Brazilians fast tracked for visas if I recall.
again, what you try to pass off as fact is amazing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma-ufc/how-much-has-ufc-spent-on-covid-19-testing/ar-BB1bRCxC

you can keep editorializing your "facts".

So you're saying that UFC's covid guidelines couldn't be significantly better, even though the UFC was letting athletes wander around during fight week?

And I wonder if those testing costs include Fight Island...I'm guessing the UFC is including those costs.
how much more expensive would it have been to say you can't wander during fight week?

how much more expensive would it have been to say you can't wander during fight week?
If we're talking in purely theoretical terms? It would come out to a few extra days of room and board, so pretty minimal. If we're talking in practical terms, of say, a 2 or 3 week quarantine for fighters and giving them extra cornerman (sparring partners, etc), then more. But again, still nothing mind boggling for a company that pulled in a couple hundred million in profit in 2020.

If we're talking in purely theoretical terms? It would come out to a few extra days of room and board, so pretty minimal. If we're talking in practical terms, of say, a 2 or 3 week quarantine for fighters and giving them extra cornerman (sparring partners, etc), then more. But again, still nothing mind boggling for a company that pulled in a couple hundred million in profit in 2020.
why would they need extra days room and board to have a no wandering rule?

why would they need extra days room and board to have a no wandering rule?
In practical terms, just to keep fighters happy so they don't get stir crazy. Ideally, you'd want your athletes quarantined longer than a week or whatever, and if you're doing that you'd probably want them to have a training partner or two in addition to their corner. Since it's not like most of your fighters on a card are going to be training with each other.

The no wandering rule is effectively no extra cost though.

Lol….

For the cash flow to be consistent and predictable it would need to be……..consistent and predictable over time. Investors would need to believe that the NEXT contract will be greater than the current contract. If they didn’t believe that, it would negatively impact the value of the company. Anybody who doesn’t understand that has no business speaking on the subject.

On their earnings call they highlight the actual performance of the ufc on ESPN because that is a bigger driver of value than the remaining contract. Exactly because it speaks to the potential value of future deals.
This isn't 1960. Wall Street works almost entirely off of quarters or less.

Please don't ever comment on financial discussions again. You're just confusing people with nonsense.

This isn't 1960. Wall Street works almost entirely off of quarters or less.

Please don't ever comment on financial discussions again. You're just confusing people with nonsense.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

yeah, Tesla has a P/E ratio of 600+ because investors just look at the last quarter of earnings.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

yeah, Tesla has a P/E ratio of 600+ because investors just look at the last quarter of earnings.
Tesla, Amazon etc are way outside the norm.

What's with people going for extreme edge cases to prove a point.

Your very first comment made it obvious where you stand and I pointed that out. I'm done with you.

Tesla, Amazon etc are way outside the norm.

What's with people going for extreme edge cases to prove a point.

Your very first comment made it obvious where you stand and I pointed that out. I'm done with you.
you tried to make believe you knew what you were talking about and made up that company valuations are based on prior quarter earnings.......a new magic of wall street.......

Back