Prisoner's ending ? (Movie 2013)

prisoners%20jake.jpg

he looks like he should be tending bar with a bad attitude, not solving crimes.

LOL. Now I remember.

I enjoyed it. One of my favorites from 2013.

I thought it was pretty apparent that he was going to get rescued.

The cop, the kidnapper and the girl were the same person.

I thought the movie was okay but I hated the ending.

That was an evil movie. Seriously. Whoever came up with that concept is a sick evil bastard

Great movie. Reminded me of Zodiac, although Zodiac is a lot better.

No, he definitely found him. The only thing up to interpretation is whether or not he left him in there or let him out.

lol no I believe what you meant is he definitely HEARD something. He didn't FIND him yet because the movie ended before showing anyone opening up the hole. So it's up to interpretation. But like I said, most people will take it as he was found. Nothing wrong with different interpretation.

Great movie. Reminded me of Zodiac, although Zodiac is a lot better.

Zodiac is very very good.

lol no I believe what you meant is he definitely HEARD something. He didn't FIND him yet because the movie ended before showing anyone opening up the hole. So it's up to interpretation. But like I said, most people will take it as he was found. Nothing wrong with different interpretation.

Theres an interview with the screen writer where he says he thinks there's a small chance that he might decide not to get the guy up.

The ending they shot had it ending as soon he moved the car and found him and then straight to black.

Theres an interview with the screen writer where he says he thinks there's a small chance that he might decide not to get the guy up.

The ending they shot had it ending as soon he moved the car and found him and then straight to black.

And they decided to remove this final shot in the version we saw in theatre. Likely because they want us to come up with the ending ourselves? I don't see what you are arguing here?

No, he definitely found him. The only thing up to interpretation is whether or not he left him in there or let him out.

It's up to interpretation to the viewers. Most will say he was found. But you can also argue the opposite. The ending makes the whole movie even better because people are like FUK! when the screen turns to credits not knowing for sure.

Similar to Inception, when the spin wobble. But that is already explained with great details by a movie fan of Christopher Nolan.

Confirmed: He heard the whistle twice, doubtingly facial expression.
Unconfirmed: He didn't open the covering and pull Jackman up.

Was I wrong it's left to viewers own interpretation?

The movie is all too similar to, but not as good as, Mystic River

that movie fucking disturbed me.

& yeah, Gyllenhal is superb in that movie

And they decided to remove this final shot in the version we saw in theatre. Likely because they want us to come up with the ending ourselves? I don't see what you are arguing here?

Confirmed: He heard the whistle twice, doubtingly facial expression.
Unconfirmed: He didn't open the covering and pull Jackman up.

Was I wrong it's left to viewers own interpretation?
Confirmed: Youre kind of an ass.

Confirmed: He found him.

Confirmed: The bigger and more interesting question was did he let him out.

Loki was so obsessive that theres no way he doesnt find him imo.

I thought it was obvious that Jake ended up finding him.

Confirmed: Youre kind of an ass.

Confirmed: He found him.

Confirmed: The bigger and more interesting question was did he let him out.

Loki was so obsessive that theres no way he doesnt find him imo.

IMO? Isn't that saying it's your interpretation? I repeatedly said in ALL my posts within this thread, it's up to different viewers interpretation and there is NOTHING wrong with different views?

You either have a very poor choice of word or you don't understand the word "found"

The movie clearly didn't show him FINDING Jackman. The movie shown him HEARING 2 whistle.

EDIT:
This was a nice thread discussing the movie. I don't want to derail it. I honestly don't see why there is a need to reply to each other, it should have ended 2 or 3 replies ago. To each his own.

Last edited:
The movie is all too similar to, but not as good as, Mystic River

Aside from it being a drama I don't really see how it has much in common at all with Mystic River.

I liked the movie. He definitely heard the whistle but I thought whether Jackson was saved or not was left up to the audience, one of those are you a glass is half full or empty kind of person, like the ending of Inception.

Denis Villeneuve is one of the most interesting directors working right now and I'm looking forward to seeing Enemy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back