Prime Wanderlei was MW GOAT after Anderson

None of the current MW would beat a prime Wanderlei, Jacare has the closest chance. Not only was Wandy a beast he knocked out legitimate HW, fought and dominated in multiple organizations only Rockhold can say that. So what he threw wild punches it was only to get in close enough to clinch. Plus he's the only guy I've ever seen headbutt a man with a laceration on his forehead. We miss you Wanderlei please transfer souls.
30lnfy1.jpg

I think Wanderlei is the only fighter ever I can't remember a single boring fight he was in. Whether he won or lost, he did bring the violence.

Prime Wand had a chance against anybody in the world. He used to be super fast, hit like a truck, had great MT clinch and best knees in the world. Amazing defense on the ground. Never tapped out not once in his career. Had cardio for days and used to have great recovery even after getting rocked.

Before he got knocked out by a left high kick from Mirko, a left hook and H bomb from Hendo and a left hook and follow up shots from Rampage. Those guys ruined his chin but he is still the toughest bastard I have ever seen in my life.

I still think Prime Chuck beats him.

Responsible for the most legendary run in MMA history, prime Wandy was an unstoppable, merciless destroyer of men.

Tbh as much i like Pride Wandy, his piss will set a new record on USADA test

He was a madman-roidmonster even for Pride standards

His war vs prime Hunt was one of the most surreal things in MMA history

Hunt got better technique, more striker experience, 40kg on him, best MMA chin ever, heavy hands

Wandy fought him only with brawl, and survived to a split decision LOL

658929.1118707616820.SilvaHunt.jpg
My favorite fighter ever but I agree, his piss would melt the cup. Roided to the gills but I'm pretty sure it was more than encouraged in Pride.

No chance in hell. Overeem was giving him in trouble in pride.

I disagree prime Wanderlei got beat by Vitor and got beat by Tito (barely though tito ran in that fight). But still.

Overeem is a better striker than Wanderlei ever was. More technical it is just a fact he would give Prime Wandy trouble as well at least until he gassed.

Chuck has the reach, and counter style that would light Wandy up. Chucks straight lefts and overhand rights and countering while moving back are perfect for Wanderleis brawl style and clinch game aggressive style.

My favorite fighter ever but I agree, his piss would melt the cup. Roided to the gills but I'm pretty sure it was more than encouraged in Pride.

He was GOAT in many ways.

God I didn't even watch mma during Wanderleis prime years but I imagine it was amazing.

Still praying for knees to the head and soccer kicks. Maybe one day.... Stomps won't ever happen though, and maybe if they did only to the body.

pride wanderlei would send anderson falling through the ropes like he did to rampage.

The one match that I would have truly given a testicle for back in the pride days is Wandy vs Vovchanchyn! Who on earth would have walked away victorious in that fight?

None of the current MW would beat a prime Wanderlei, Jacare has the closest chance. Not only was Wandy a beast he knocked out legitimate HW, fought and dominated in multiple organizations only Rockhold can say that. So what he threw wild punches it was only to get in close enough to clinch. Plus he's the only guy I've ever seen headbutt a man with a laceration on his forehead. We miss you Wanderlei please transfer souls.

Prime Wandelei fought at 205lb.

The one match that I would have truly given a testicle for back in the pride days is Wandy vs Vovchanchyn! Who on earth would have walked away victorious in that fight?

I think Wanderlei. He had the tendency to throw guys to the ground if it got tough and look for some knees or soccer kicks. Igor never tried for those moves often well except knees to the head.

I think Wanderlei. He had the tendency to throw guys to the ground if it got tough and look for some knees or soccer kicks. Igor never tried for those moves often well except knees to the head.
You think he would have stood toe to toe with Igor?

The newer fans did not get to see it but during his absolute prime he was the most ferocious fighter out there. I hated him since I was rooting for BTT in their feud with chuteboxe but there is no denying he was for a significant length of time the best lhw on the planet. Ridiculous killer instinct, great recovery when hit, and would use anything from killer knees, stomps to soccer kicks to put opponents away.

Back