Prime Wanderlei was MW GOAT after Anderson

I can see the theory that Anderson is so good at countering an aggressive fighter that he should win. I think Wanderlei was just something else though. In the Pride ring I could see peak Wanderlei moving through Anderson's attacks and brutalizing him.

He'd be top five or ten, if he could make weight. He was quite... vascular, in his PRIDE days.

Prime Wand had a chance against anybody in the world. He used to be super fast, hit like a truck, had great MT clinch and best knees in the world. Amazing defense on the ground. Never tapped out not once in his career. Had cardio for days and used to have great recovery even after getting rocked.

Before he got knocked out by a left high kick from Mirko, a left hook and H bomb from Hendo and a left hook and follow up shots from Rampage. Those guys ruined his chin but he is still the toughest bastard I have ever seen in my life.

Those would have KOd him at any point in his career with a shot like that. I am happy that he went out with a big knock out win while his chin held up.

Wanderlei20KOs20Rampage.gif

He was a true nightmare.

SuperRoided Wanderlei is a scary dude

Wanderlei Silva will be love by true fight fans till the end of time . 20100221062441_IMG_45582.jpeg

Yeah he was obviously juiced as were most Pride fighters.... So what? Amazing the disrespect legends get on this site. Shertards at their finest.

Undefeated under Pride original rules for standard fights as MW too

Prime Wand was a modern LHW; and he was best under Pride rules. Take away elbows; add soccer kicks and stomps. It's a way different game.

Pride Wandy vs a natty Jones for GOAT LHW.

Prime Wand had a chance against anybody in the world. He used to be super fast, hit like a truck, had great MT clinch and best knees in the world. Amazing defense on the ground. Never tapped out not once in his career. Had cardio for days and used to have great recovery even after getting rocked.

Before he got knocked out by a left high kick from Mirko, a left hook and H bomb from Hendo and a left hook and follow up shots from Rampage. Those guys ruined his chin but he is still the toughest bastard I have ever seen in my life.

You have to be a true son of a bitch to not be a fan of wanderleis fights.

Prime Wanderlei fought at lightheavyweight

Back