Prime Stipe vs Prime Fedor, who gets it done and why?

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Stipe is a high level boxer with outstanding wrestling.
Fedor is a sambo fighter who is well rounded.

Both are extremely durable.
I would have to give the speed advantage to Fedor.

Stipe would have the size advantage though, 4 inches in heaight and 4 in reach.

My pick is Fedor wins a competitive decision as Stipe has a granite chin and a lot of heart.

I agree that prime vs prime, it probably goes to a decision. Ultimately the difference makers imo would be Fedor’s speed, and the fact that Stipe is just too hittable. I’ll take Fedor to outpace Stipe and land the better shots over the course of the fight, and win by decision.

Stipe never beat an all time great HW in their prime and got knocked out by Struve when he was 30 years old and had 10 professional fights.

Got beat up by post Cain JDS. Got knocked out by 40 year old Cormier and he would get KTFO by a 27 year old Fedor.

Stipe has historically had horrible defense and walked right into punches. Got floored and nearly KOd by a Econoreem after Econoreem already had 3 KO losses in the UFC. Prime Fedor would knock him out in under 5 minutes esp if Stipe fought him the way he fought others.

Fedor was too fast standing, too durable, too witty in the clinch and too scrambly on the ground for Stipe to do much of anything to him. Fedor was just much better.

I agree Stipe would have a good chance of beating the Strikeforce version of Fedor but that version of Fedor had lost his edge and was 5 years past his prime. Stipe had NOTHING for 2003-2005 Fedor. Nothing.

Back