Prime RJJ is the GOAT and it's not even close

You make a good point, except thread is about prime RJJ.
i understand that but fighters show who they really are when they are out of prime, not when they beat up on everyone. if that was the case, ali could have died in 68 and been the greatest heavyweight ever.

his point stands though, sugar ray robinson fought until he was 45 and he never went out like that, never. In fact he had a faux knockdown against joey archer(he says it was a balance shot and it looked it to me) and decided that was it, it didnt take no bludgeonings to usurp his champions pride.

I actually like this, you are talking about SRR who is possibly the greatest of all time, and comparing him to Roy Jones.

That shows exactly why RJ is up there with the best of them.

ya he is, he's just an odd case

ya he is, he's just an odd case
Moz this is off topic but I was reading a bit about Cus and I thought you were the guy to ask about this b/c you know a ton of shit. Was he a pedo or gay? Everything out there points to him being a very paranoid guy but I read stories about him and Floyd Patterson and having a very odd relationship.

Also as to the thread RJJ is an atg talent, I'm not prepared to say that in his prime he was the goat, tho. There's been many great fighters who would've given Roy hell, imo. He is definitely up there, tho. He seemed superhuman at his best.

i just watched the sosa fight again, it was a war, sosa had none of the talent that roy had but he just didn't give a fuck, he was gonna win, or so he thought. Roy fought him on his terms, inside, close and he was putting some stuff on him, merqui had him out for a second, out on his feet but Roy beat that man like a drum for most of the fight, it was still stopped a little too soon but that's boxing. Great performance.

Moz this is off topic but I was reading a bit about Cus and I thought you were the guy to ask about this b/c you know a ton of shit. Was he a pedo or gay? Everything out there points to him being a very paranoid guy but I read stories about him and Floyd Patterson and having a very odd relationship.

Also as to the thread RJJ is an atg talent, I'm not prepared to say that in his prime he was the goat, tho. There's been many great fighters who would've given Roy hell, imo. He is definitely up there, tho. He seemed superhuman at his best.
sure, the stories I read was that there were always rumors about cus, I've talked about them before here. there were rumours about he and Jimmy Jacobs who seemed fruity as fuck to me even though he was married. There were trainers in new york who called him gay too. Floyd Patterson slept with him in training, which, in and of itself is not unheard of in boxing. (Bundini Brown was told to sleep with a great never named fighter which it took no leap to realize was Sugar Ray Robinson but it didn't sound sexual) but Floyd said Cus would touch him but never knew if it was intentional or not. However, rumours are rumours and I wasn't there, all I can say is that many of the guys who were in the tyson camp seemed funny to me, always did, fucking Rooney, fucking Atlas with his handlebar moustache, Steve Lott was said to stare at Tyson in the shower, birds of a feather flock together. So, i don't know. Tyson still seems to idealize him and has never said anything like that. So.., who knows? I think me and my mentor used to make people wonder what it was between us, I don't know if anyone thought there was anything sexual between us but maybe they did, I know they used to wonder "what is it between them". Rumours start because people are fucking stupid, but..., I could see it, sexual abuse is common wherever there is a power differential.

sure, the stories I read was that there were always rumors about cus, I've talked about them before here. there were rumours about he and Jimmy Jacobs who seemed fruity as fuck to me even though he was married. There were trainers in new york who called him gay too. Floyd Patterson slept with him in training, which, in and of itself is not unheard of in boxing. (Bundini Brown was told to sleep with a great never named fighter which it took no leap to realize was Sugar Ray Robinson but it didn't sound sexual) but Floyd said Cus would touch him but never knew if it was intentional or not. However, rumours are rumours and I wasn't there, all I can say is that many of the guys who were in the tyson camp seemed funny to me, always did, fucking Rooney, fucking Atlas with his handlebar moustache, Steve Lott was said to stare at Tyson in the shower, birds of a feather flock together. So, i don't know. Tyson still seems to idealize him and has never said anything like that. So.., who knows? I think me and my mentor used to make people wonder what it was between us, I don't know if anyone thought there was anything sexual between us but maybe they did, I know they used to wonder "what is it between them". Rumours start because people are fucking stupid, but..., I could see it, sexual abuse is common wherever there is a power differential.
Good stuff. Thanks Moz.

Good stuff. Thanks Moz.
anytime, i was trying to find a quote from a NY trainer who called him some kind of :eek::eek::eek:, i think it was Joey Farrielo but I'm not sure.

And speaking of Teddy Atlas, he fed a bit of the rumour by insinuating Cus died of aids in a Playboy interview. The whole fucking crew was nutty, Rooney, poor Rooney is in an old folks home with alcoholic dementia today.

And speaking of Teddy Atlas, he fed a bit of the rumour by insinuating Cus died of aids in a Playboy interview. The whole fucking crew was nutty, Rooney, poor Rooney is in an old folks home with alcoholic dementia today.
Alcoholic dementia will kill me one day I'm pretty sure, lol. Yeah not to derail the thread but I know you are aware of a lot of this shit and I hd been reading up on it and figured I'd ask since I saw you on here. Atlas is a fuckin nut, he threatened to kill Tyson for hitting on his daughter or some shit, iirc.

Alcoholic dementia will kill me one day I'm pretty sure, lol. Yeah not to derail the thread but I know you are aware of a lot of this shit and I hd been reading up on it and figured I'd ask since I saw you on here. Atlas is a fuckin nut, he threatened to kill Tyson for hitting on his daughter or some shit, iirc.
not a good way to go, my mom had it, it's very ugly. atlas also threatened Donnie Lalonde. I can't hate him though, he payed 5000 to give Camacho a decent burial.

not a good way to go, my mom had it, it's very ugly. atlas also threatened Donnie Lalonde. I can't hate him though, he payed 5000 to give Camacho a decent burial.
Yeah I mostly stick to beer but my father's side of the family have an insane ability to handle alcohol intake so hopefully that passed down to me. I just turned 28 so maybe by 40 these drinking days will be behind me. Idk tho.

I know you loved Camacho. What was it about him that you liked so much? His style, his persona, all of it? I loved his style in there, he was a truly special boxer. A pleasure to watch.

well, i was young then, he lit a fire in me, i was 13 when i first read of him, before i saw him fight, and when i saw him fight every word i read I realized was true. His confidence, his speed, he was charismatic and.., he wasn't really white or black, he was something else, like I was. that's how I thought at that age. I wouldn't like a mouth like that today, wouldn't like the outlaw shit either but I was a kid then and Macho hadn't really begun all that drug/legal shit yet.

i just watched the sosa fight again, it was a war, sosa had none of the talent that roy had but he just didn't give a fuck, he was gonna win, or so he thought. Roy fought him on his terms, inside, close and he was putting some stuff on him, merqui had him out for a second, out on his feet but Roy beat that man like a drum for most of the fight, it was still stopped a little too soon but that's boxing. Great performance.
I just watched that fight, too. Sosa was a behemoth and a huge puncher, too. I believe Roy when he said the dude could punch, and that's why he had to get him outta there quick.

Few months ago we debated fire fights with Marvin Hagler. Who could beat Hagler in a fire fight. The only person I could think of was Roy because of this fight. He had a chin and went into a hellacious fullblown inside fire fight with so much confidence and willingness to trade, youd think Roy had a gun in his trunks. But I think you coulda given Sosa the gun that night, and Roy would have still ended it with those combinations he was throwing. Agreed, outstanding performanc on Roys part that night

When I see a young RJJ....I see someone with insanely impressive speed & reflexes & genetics. Which he was able to put to good use in boxing.
I don't see a great technical boxer.

He was spectacular!! A real show!! His athleticism was probably the best in any combat sport. Then he went too high in weightclasses.

Such marvelous absorption of such a delicious being. Mr. Jones was the pinnacle of the tightness that we crave to insert our abstract essence. What can be described that penetrates with such velocity that even the senses cannot perceive? The imperceptible guile.

did senri change is name?

he penetrated YOUR flesh, not me baby.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back