PRIME Hendo vs PRIME Liddell

Chuck would have beat him, rather easily, Chuck was a way better striker with equally as heavy hands, great TDD and an iron chin.

The question is what do you define Hendos prime? IMO it was when he was all built up on TRT and the fights from Wand 2 to Fedor, after that and as of late he has looked his age but his Chin is still working.

Chuck via decision. Make no mistake Chuck HAD a great chin.

Tough call regardless.

First, the definition of fighter prime is very subjective as is it's based on interpretation. Is the prime exclusively when he wins and not in the prime when he loses? It has always been a silly term imho.

While I think Liddell was the more consistent fighter with the more impressive championship reign. Hendo is like Rampage in which he'll look like the best in the world one fight then the next match he'll look uninspired and flat, against Misaki and Shields for example. If I am forced to pick I would go with Hendo breaking the ice.

chuck ko's him bad. no way dan takes chuck down. chuck had the best tdd next to BJ....key word 'had'

I'd pick Chuck. Dan plodding forward trying to land the big shot would play right into Chuck's circling counter strategy. Randy was able to beat him the first time by staying in the pocket and using head movement and combinations. Dan usually tries to just land the h-bomb.

Chuck is not finishing Hendo
He was fantastic at knocking out grapplers but he couldnt finish the best strikers he fought in Vitor, Rampage, Shogun, Wand or Rashad. Reem was the only one and its not exactly tough to finish Reem (they were in a war too not like he was up on the cards the whole time)

Chuck...Dan likes to just push forward with no real defence and prime Chuck loved to time counters. Not sure if Dan would get put out but he would get rocked several times.

First, the definition of fighter prime is very subjective as is it's based on interpretation. Is the prime exclusively when he wins and not in the prime when he loses? It has always been a silly term imho.

While I think Liddell was the more consistent fighter with the more impressive championship reign. Hendo is like Rampage in which he'll look like the best in the world one fight then the next match he'll look uninspired and flat, against Misaki and Shields for example. If I am forced to pick I would go with Hendo breaking the ice.

I totally agree. "Prime" is a combination of the perceived quality of opposition, matchmaking, mental state, etc, etc and not necessarily the fighter at his highest physical capacity...Chuck was in his prime when he lost to Rampage the 1st time. He wasnt nearly as good as he was that night in any UFC fight. Prime Chuck would smash Dan. Prime Dan was probably when he beat Wanderlei.... and prime Dan in his next fight was no match for past his prime Rampage at that point.
Chuck all day

I like Chuck in this fight.

Dan's prime is hard to define between his style change and TRT use.

Back