PRIME Hendo vs PRIME Liddell

TRT chuck would've murdered people and then show up at their funeral and laugh.

Hendo

bispko11.gif

Chuck was the master of distance and timing, it's what made his TDD so great and his knockout reel so good. I'd see it going like machida vs Hendo except more action from Liddells side

it would be be a brawl but hendo's iron chin would be the deciding factor

I See chuck being a terrible terrible terrible match up for hendo. really whats he going to do try to get inside and brawl with him. chuck hits him from along the cage. Dan has a great chin but he is very hittable especially by a big long guy a weight class bigger. my thoughts

Prime Hendo. During Chucks run he fought mostly wrestlers with no striking game while Hendo has both and actually has more power than Liddell. Sure Liddell has a reach advantage but Hendo's iron chin IMO would have allowed him to get inside and KO Liddell. The only power puncher Chuck ever managed to go toe to toe with was Wandy otherwise he was KTFO and I think Hendo would have certainly been able to win probably in the second round.

Hendo is older than Chuck, but he can still hang with the best today.

So I gotta say Hendo. Anyone who can take shots from Fedor and recover that quickly... and fire bombs back.

Hendo... easily imo.

Interesting matchup.

Hendo's granite chin vs Liddell's KO power.

Liddell's infalible TDD VS Olympic level wrestling.

Honestly, this is in the top 10 should-have-happened fights.

Very close, but I'm leaning toward Liddell.

chuck via outstriking him

chuck was a legit kickboxer, the only way to outstrike prime chuck was to use tight counterboxing, slipping/rolling and countering those looping punches. trying to catch him with haymakers didnt work in his prime. chuck was a really bad matchup for hendo.

i just posted about it in the other thread, but i think its funny that people say chuck never fought strikers

its like they forgot he outstruck or ko'd mezger, overeem, vitor and prime pele in a bareknuckle fight. he didnt have a 20-2 kickboxing record for no reason

chuck had hendo's right hand, plus a nasty left and kicks. he just didnt have hendos scrambling, ability to mix up his boxing/wrestling and career longevity

21_chuck_liddell.gif

liddelldropsbelfortt.gif

people really seem to forget chucks power, hendo throws everything into his h-bomb. chuck dropped/ko'd guys with great chins like vitor and randy while backing up without his weight into it
ufc57slomocouturekod.gif

look at that arm punch going backwards

thats a nightmare for someone like hendo who throws unprotected haymakers while rushing

Last edited:
It would have been one hell of a fight, not sure whom I would favor.

Chuck. Did Hendo ever beat anyone in their prime? Hendo is a phenomenal fighter, but he is not one of the all time greats and he has never been the best in his division.

Back