Prime Fedor with no belly at 237lbs

Whoever says that is retarded.

You underestimate the amount of fat he is carrying in that photo he isnt shredded or jacked he is solid but not shredded. He easily has 30lbs of fat on him that can be lost, then add 10lbs extra muscle and litrle fat he could be 210lbs or recomp and get to 220lbs.

He could of been a LHW in shape or could of been a lean MW if he lost all excess fat got to 205lbs theb cut water weight to make 185lbs
That's one of the biggest sherdog myths that Fedor never was a real HW. Actually all great HWs competed around 235-245: Werdum, Cain, JDS, Big Nog etc. Most of them considerably taller than Fedor, thus necessarily a bit less bulky (e.g. Werdum). Fedor always had the ideal size for HW (maybe a tad bit short), those guys who cut to make 265 normally suck.

So let's appreciate Fedor as the great fighter he was but let's stop making shit up about how he was even greater because he was such a small HW. He was not.

Fedor was the fatest of the ones you listed....

I also don't buy the fact that Fedor was 237lbs in that photo. He was certainly more solid than the Fedor we're accustomed to. I'd rank him super high in the category of P4P the best. Unlike Jon Jones, Ngannou, GSP, or Silva, Fedor never had size advantage. The fighters I mentioned were/are huge for their respective divisions.

He's way too small to not have fat at 237 but he was definitely in good shape there

Fedor looks older but Big Nog of today looks like he could be the grandfather of the Nog from back then.

And most 240-and-under HW are basically the same size as a modern LHW.
That’s why a LHW can’t be the GOAT. They diet, starve, and dehydrate, in order to avoid HW.

You can also say many HW’s don’t have the discipline to be LHW’s (who are usually fully optimized HW’s overall) and fight sub optimally out of laziness. LHW’s have to all be fit squeezing as much as they can out of it and not having their shorts fall below their bellies and slide down their asses mouth breathing after a round. Of course we have some exceptions to the rule but they’re usually too big for LHW. Probably is a reason HW is mostly out of shape and older fighters now with a few specimens of course that look more like super size LHW fighters. I’ve seen more LHW’s move up and take belts as a fan of many years.

Last edited:
Saying a LHW can never be goat because they cut weight is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

First off, plenty of heavyweights would get their ass beat trying to fight at LHW, which is why the weight class exist in the first place. Weight classes do not only work in one direction, I have no idea how people do not acknowledge this.

Second, you could say that about literally every weight class under heavyweight.

Third, and this is something I see a LOT of people try to imply - someone who is the HW champion but small enough to cut at LHW would not automatically become the LHW champion. LHW's are fast and hit hard and thus present a different challenge for smaller heavyweights. LHW is a heavily volatile division.

Saying a LHW can never be goat because they cut weight is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

First off, plenty of heavyweights would get their ass beat trying to fight at LHW, which is why the weight class exist in the first place. Weight classes do not only work in one direction, I have no idea how people do not acknowledge this.

Second, you could say that about literally every weight class under heavyweight.

Third, and this is something I see a LOT of people try to imply - someone who is the HW champion but small enough to cut at LHW would not automatically become the LHW champion. LHW's are fast and hit hard and thus present a different challenge for smaller heavyweights. LHW is a heavily volatile division.

A small HW being successful is more impressive to me than a big LHW being successful.

Back