Prime Fedor with no belly at 237lbs

Now days Fedor is known as the old, bald, fat bellied Russian bear and everyone acts like he should be fighting at 205. In reality Fedor used be in insane shape at HW, he was built like a tank. 237lbs with no belly. Insane speed, insane power, great grappling, powerful GnP and an Iron Chin and absolutely fearless.

Fedor in 2003:
e8f68a70d86c38e8dd57e7125d3e7781.png

ca8a469821fb94f8becf08769e170881.png

3222.jpg

Fedor in 2018
fedor-emelianenko-frank-mir-bellator-1981.jpg

Damn. Fedor was a beast back in the days. I used to disrespect fedor alot before but i watched many of his fights recently over the past few months and i deeply regret calling him overrated. Dude is GoAT without a doubt. Can the best version of cain or current stipe beat him? Maybe or maybe not. I dont know. Its too hard to call. If fedor had the kind of suuplements, training, medical facilities and equipment the modern fighters have access to in his prime then perhaps no one beats him. We dont know for sure though. They are all great.

I am going to respectfully disagree. Fedor was 6 ft. tall and fought in Pride at 230, with a gut. He said he would fight Henderson at 220. He would be an average size 205er today.

Rampage just fought at 253 with less fat than Fedor. All of these current top 205ers are at least as big as Fedor: Cormier, Gustafason, Oezdemir, Texera, Latifi, Blachowicz.....

I appreciate Fedor's accomplishments but he could have fought at 205. Forrest, Liddell, Ortiz, Bonnar all got up to 240+ in the off-season....with less fat than Fedor.

For most of Fedor's career, the $ was at heavyweight. I believe this is why he never cut weight.

Agreed. I was in denial to about it. Some Fedor fans dont want to believe he is not a real HW because then it means he could be destroyed by bigger men. But it is true

Fedor was never 6ft either probably 5'11.5 and on top of that Fedor at 223lb against hendo was still carrying higher body fat %. It is obvious he could of been a 210lbs or 200lbs shredded. His head is not big and his hands and forearm size is small compared to LHW's and large MW

Just the other day someone said he coulda been a mw his entire career.
There are a lot of stupid people on this site who think any muscle bulk that is not ripped and does not look like body builders muscle is just wasted fat.

I've had people say to me guys like Tank Abbott and Cain could get to MW based on their height and the amount of fat they carry.

<Dylan>

Damn. Fedor was a beast back in the days. I used to disrespect fedor alot before but i watched many of his fights recently over the past few months and i deeply regret calling him overrated. Dude is GoAT without a doubt. Can the best version of cain or current stipe beat him? Maybe or maybe not. I dont know. Its too hard to call. If fedor had the kind of suuplements, training, medical facilities and equipment the modern fighters have access to in his prime then perhaps no one beats him. We dont know for sure though. They are all great.
If you're being serious here that's pretty awesome. When you go back and look at his career he was indeed a very special fighter. A monster in his prime.

That's one of the biggest sherdog myths that Fedor never was a real HW. Actually all great HWs competed around 235-245: Werdum, Cain, JDS, Big Nog etc. Most of them considerably taller than Fedor, thus necessarily a bit less bulky (e.g. Werdum). Fedor always had the ideal size for HW (maybe a tad bit short), those guys who cut to make 265 normally suck.

So let's appreciate Fedor as the great fighter he was but let's stop making shit up about how he was even greater because he was such a small HW. He was not.

Fedor's I think a bit different though in that he was around 235lbs but still have a good amount of fat on him, totally lean to the degree of say Crocop and Nog I'm guessing he would have been sub 220lbs which is pretty easy cutting range for 205lbs.

The reality I'd say is that Fedor was a smaller HW even by the standards of smaller HW's, certainly smaller than guys like JDS and Cain who would I think have big problems making LHW, main Cain might just do it but I don't think JDS ever does, the same indeed with Werdum.

The latter Fedor(say by 2008-09) with less muscle and more fat would I'd suspect have been around 200lbs lean or less and that puts him into a reasonable cutting range for 185lbs.

You lose a little power when cutting fat. He learned to use his body the way it was and wouldn't have been as good lighter.

Why are Fedor fans so obessed with his body and posting pictures of his body?

The obsession is quite disturbing.

Because he's the hope and hero of every beer-gutted MMA fan. Like Larry Bird in the NBA, Tiger Woods in the PGA, Danica Patrick in car racing.

Were did you get your 237 from just off memory I think he was always around 220-225 back in the day, and a quick google he was 222 against Heath.

I'm calling fake news on this.

Fedor was 226 when he fought Big Nog years later. I don't ever recall him being in the 230's around that time.

He wasn't a small HW but I think its fair to say he was a smaller HW. Still a HW and still built like an absolute tank. But height and reach wise, def on the smaller side of HW.

size is not determined by height or reach...size is determined by over all size and weight...you know how many 6'2 inch skinny dudes I know...a buck 60.

Fedor was 20% body fat at least. At 200+ lbs, that like 45 pounds of fat.
Cut to Jon Jones body fat % and he could have made LHW without cutting water. Of course he could have made MW.

If you're being serious here that's pretty awesome. When you go back and look at his career he was indeed a very special fighter. A monster in his prime.
100% serious. Fedor is GoAT. No doubt. Watched his fights with crocop. No one, i swear no one countered a move as good as fedor did in his prime. He is a genius. Cerebral fighter. Aesthetic to watch. He is so fluid in his movement and has raw power, speed and strength to take on anyone. Best fighter ever. Only prime cain and current stipe are equal to his level. In a ring however, i think its a massive advantage to a shorter fighter like fedor. He would beat both in my personal opinion. In the cage, its more of an advantage to big wrestlers who know how to utilize their leverage to take opponents down. Perhaps cain and fedor would beat him here. Its hard to say though. I believe fedor would have adaptes differently if he started off fighting in the cage. All 3 are more or less equal. Fedor had the best chin out of these 3 in his prime. He also is the fastest out of the three. Its so close. He also has bigger ko power than stipe and cain. Absolute phenom. I can understand why gsp was speechless when he saw fedor. Fedor invented moves man. He is a pioneer. All these fighters learnt alot by watching tapes of him. He is GoAT.

Fedor was 20% body fat at least. At 200+ lbs, that like 45 pounds of fat.
Cut to Jon Jones body fat % and he could have made LHW without cutting water. Of course he could have made MW.
He would have been champ at lhw, hw and probably middleweight too. I think he is too dense for mw honestly. Cut would be brutal. Fedor loves to eat haha. No way that would have happened.

I still cant believe rumble made ww ffs. Wtf. Cunt is either a genius or he is on some sort of peds like anavar that allows him to cut without much trouble. Anyway i think rumble is actually bigger than fedor lol. Shows you how great fedor truly was. He was the smallest hw yet he destroyed everybody in his prime.

I'd imagine he'd have no body fat at 170

Now days Fedor is known as the old, bald, fat bellied Russian bear and everyone acts like he should be fighting at 205. In reality Fedor used be in insane shape at HW, he was built like a tank. 237lbs with no belly. Insane speed, insane power, great grappling, powerful GnP and an Iron Chin and absolutely fearless.

Fedor in 2003:
e8f68a70d86c38e8dd57e7125d3e7781.png

ca8a469821fb94f8becf08769e170881.png

3222.jpg

Fedor in 2018
fedor-emelianenko-frank-mir-bellator-1981.jpg
Mixfight got banned too ? WTF ?
o7
@Mixfight
@gono btw

Back