Prime Chuck Liddell matchup nightmare for Bones Jones?

Jones would finish him within the first.
Rampage, Shogun and Rashad are all a lot more dangerous than Chuck and look at what Bones did to them.

Was there ever a Prime Chuck? I thought even during his best years, he had a beer belly.

The best version of Chuck Liddell that ever existed probably wouldn't stand much of a chance against Jones in my opinion. I think he'd have problems with DC, Rumble and Gus too.

According to a lot of Shertards who've since departed, his "prime" was in between his losses to Rampage.

Sherdog logic is that the most recent victor was the best. People forget Iceman's timing and ability to KO (like he did to Randy 2x). Jones is overrated. Quite a few people put Jones in trouble (Cormier, Vitor, Gus). Once Jones gets ko'd the nuthugging will be done.

Jones would mop the floor with him.

This.

The game has grown so much since Chuck was in his prime. Who was Chuck's best win? Tito, Randy, Babalu?? He got starched by Rampage not once but twice. JJ is everything Rampage ever was but times 11,000,000. He would beat Chuck on the ground or on the feet.

Listen, I dont like Jones, I think he is a crappy person but I don't let that influence the way I see reality and the reality is: no man that has ever walked the planet beats Jon Jones. The only person that could come close was maybe 1980's Alexander Karelin if he trained striking for a few years...outside of fantasy, Jones beats everyone EVER...sadly.

However, don't let that get you down. Jones will be beat and will lose in probably the most humiliating and humbling fashion in MMA history. Look at Tyson, look at Ali, look at Anderson etc....and Jones is way more brave than Mayweather and will take fights that are dangerous, that challenge his ego (unlike Money) and will eventually lose (probably in 5 years or more).

Sherdog logic is that the most recent victor was the best. People forget Iceman's timing and ability to KO (like he did to Randy 2x). Jones is overrated. Quite a few people put Jones in trouble (Cormier, Vitor, Gus). Once Jones gets ko'd the nuthugging will be done.

I'd bet Prime Randy would do pretty well. Unfortunately none of us ever saw Prime Randy either, since he came to the game so late.

Jones is the LHW GOAT. Chuck would be mauled. Look what Rampage did to him. Only fighters could remotely cause issues for Jones in their Prime is Rampage, and maybe Shogun, but I doubt that.

NO there is one !
935720-fedor_emelianenko_ice_cream.jpg

I'd bet Prime Randy would do pretty well. Unfortunately none of us ever saw Prime Randy either, since he came to the game so late.

Randy would get in Jones face and dirty box him. Heck, I would STILL give Randy a chance.

Chuck already told us that if were still in his prime, he would walk right through Jones' punches and knock him out. From the mouth of the man himself.

Might as well give his belt to Liddell..no need to fight and have Jones get beaten up..

Lucky for Chuck neither of these fighters were around in his prime or he might be still bouncing nightclubs or shovelling old people's snow or whatever his alpha male did back in the day :)

Lol every once in a while some chuck fanboys come out and say how he would've ko'd jones in his prime, and every time i get a good laugh. I even hate jones, but the jones of now, smashes any version of Chuck. Gus does too.

Jones, first round TKO. He would easily take down Chuck who had "world class wrestling" in comparison to the opponents of his day.

Also, you have to put "Prime" Jones against "Prime" Chuck, (we haven't even seen Prime Jones yet)

So everything I wrote, plus a bit more.

is this a joke? the reason chuck get losing at the end isnt because he got old, but because people were able to figure out his never evolving style...

Is this even a discussion? Jon Jones is on the next level, prime Liddell or not. Jones would be favored against any LHW in history in their prime, because he's the best there's ever been at 205. I'm sorry, but I just don't see it any other way. He might even pull even farther away from the pack if he gets a convincing 2nd win over Gus.

lol Chuck got destroyed by guys Jones destroyed easily.
He needs to come back to reality.

Lucky for Chuck neither of these fighters were around in his prime or he might be still bouncing nightclubs or shovelling old people's snow or whatever his alpha male did back in the day :)

I'm pretty sure he was an accountant, at least had a degree in that. But yeah, Chuck really would have no chance against Bones. Maybe a one in a hundred shot, and that's being generous. I'm neither a fan or a hater but Jones is the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

I don't think that Chuck at any point would have much for Jones at all.

In fact, Jones style is a terrible one for Chuck.

That would be my feeling, Chuck's natural game was to counterpunch and he would be very unlikely to get the chance to do that vs Jones who would likely pick him apart from range and then potentially finish him off on the ground.

The most interesting "what if" matchups for Jones are I would say Shogun and Rogerio circa around 2005, both cardio monsters at that stage, Rua could potentially keep the pace high enough to land something and Rogerio would be a threat both standing and off of his back.

As patchy as his record was I think Overeem is potentially a bad style matchup for Jones as well, moreso during his HW run but I think even at LHW his strengths matchup quite well with Jones who doesn't really have the power in his hands to exploit that chin.

He would get Ragdolled and embarrassed

Chucks golden run started after Rampage embarrassed him in Pride after Dana said he would win that tournament and it was fitting than Rampage knocked him out to end that run even though he was brought in so that Chuck could try to get Revenge.

I don't see it. Iron chins, heavy hitters, skilled strikers, elite wrestlers... Jones has proven his supremacy over all of them. I'm not the best analyst, but I don't see what Chuck offers that the likes of Cormier, Rampage, Machida, and Shogun didn't. I'd say he loses a decision.

I don't see it. Iron chins, heavy hitters, skilled strikers, elite wrestlers... Jones has proven his supremacy over all of them. I'm not the best analyst, but I don't see what Chuck offers that the likes of Cormier, Rampage, Machida, and Shogun didn't. I'd say he loses a decision.

Jones has a hell of a Chin Himself

Back