Prime Chuck Liddell matchup nightmare for Bones Jones?

daryldeal

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think teh prime iceman would totally outclass and possibly destroy Bones, its like chucks style is the ultimate counter to Jons style, thoughts?

Chuck would always have a reasonable chance just based on his ability to 1-punch KO guys with either hand.

I'd still favor Jones in the match-up though.

Very easy win for Jones. Think about how Couture raped Liddell in their 1st fight. Liddell never had much of a gas tank. Jones would get him down and maul him.

I don't think that Chuck at any point would have much for Jones at all.

In fact, Jones style is a terrible one for Chuck.

Chuck already told us that if were still in his prime, he would walk right through Jones' punches and knock him out. From the mouth of the man himself.

People don't get it. I doubt they ever will. PRIME ______________________ Insert anyone in the fucking history of MMA that could make 205 lbs would LOSE to Jon Jones, period.

Oh...I don't think so my friend. Chuck would have a shot to land a big punch.....but JOnny is too versatile and complete for Chuck. Chuck was good but mainly effective in a few positions. Jon seems to be good pretty much in every position....distance, inside, clinch, top position...you name it.

Lol every once in a while some chuck fanboys come out and say how he would've ko'd jones in his prime, and every time i get a good laugh. I even hate jones, but the jones of now, smashes any version of Chuck. Gus does too.

Last edited:
Chuck would be eating body kicks, elbows, and be worn out with repeated TDs I think.

qssgsm.jpg

It'd look something like that, except Jones would be throwing hellbows.

Liddell would only have a puncher's chance, and considering the chin that we've seen on Jones in the last few fights, not much of one.

He'd get worn and TKO'd or subbed.

I think teh prime iceman would totally outclass and possibly destroy Bones, its like chucks style is the ultimate counter to Jons style, thoughts?

Chuck got taken down a lot. his TDD wasn't special, his ability to get back to his feet was better.

Jones dominates. Chuck would get out-struck easily, he'd get taken down but pop back up but that'd only last for a round and a half an then Jones would do what he wants to him.

No. Jones would pound on Chuck for 5 rounds.

Prime Chuck was an excellent fighter and a true champion, and is pretty high on the list of all time greats, but his status as a legend taints people's views of him when they look back.

Prime Chuck lost to Randy and Rampage. Both excellent fighters, sure, but the idea that Chuck could beat Jones just doesn't jive with me.

Jones is a better, more evolved martial artist. He can beat Chuck a hundred ways, Chuck can only win one way. That's called a puncher's chance. I think Chuck's puncher's chance is better than damn near anyone's, but a puncher's chance is a puncher's chance.

I don't think one is tough to call at all. That said, out of all the styles a guy facing Jones could have, Chuck's is pretty damn good. Doesn't seem like anyone will take Jones down and win. Doesn't seem like anyone will clinch him and beat him on the inside. The only ones who can touch him it seems are guys who can throw accurate hard punches. But I'd rather have Gustafsson's reach and straight punches than Chuck's power and loopy punches. Still, not a bad style to have against Jon, but Chuck just wouldn't be enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back