Prime Chuck Liddell matchup nightmare for Bones Jones?

Was there ever a Prime Chuck? I thought even during his best years, he had a beer belly.

The best version of Chuck Liddell that ever existed probably wouldn't stand much of a chance against Jones in my opinion. I think he'd have problems with DC, Rumble and Gus too.

This. As much as I love Chuck, those years where he looked like an unbeatable champion were years he fought people he had already beaten or knew he could beat.

Tito - Already KOed him
Randy - Already KOed him
Babalu - Kicked his head into the 3rd row
Jeremy Horn - was choked out in their first bout, but Chuck was winning the fight until that point

People don't get it. I doubt they ever will. PRIME ______________________ Insert anyone in the fucking history of MMA that could make 205 lbs would LOSE to Jon Jones, period.

Basically that's the case, he is the best ever, hands-down.

I think Jones' reach would be significant factor in such fight.

Jones controlling distance and his hands with ease, taking him down in the process.

Jones would dominate any version of Liddell

There would be a lot of eye pokes. Jones would score am early takedown and elbow chuck into oblivion

Jones would maul Chuck in his prime.

Jones would maul everyone in the UFC and everyone who's been in the UFC except Gustaffson, Cain (maybe) and prime Silva (still beat him though).

Testing for emoji 😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

Prime Chuck was too one dimensional.

Prime Chuck gets squashed like a bug.

Check out Chuck vs Rampage I for further reference.

Chuck already told us that if were still in his prime, he would walk right through Jones' punches and knock him out. From the mouth of the man himself.

That means it definitely would have happened doesn't it?

Was there ever a Prime Chuck? I thought even during his best years, he had a beer belly.

The best version of Chuck Liddell that ever existed probably wouldn't stand much of a chance against Jones in my opinion. I think he'd have problems with DC, Rumble and Gus too.

I guess Phil Baroni is the best fghter ever, EVA!!!
It is quite telling that the only people bashing Chuck are 2013/2014 join date idiots who dont know anything about MMA, but pretend otherwise.

What a ridiculous post. Its like you're suggesting that it would basically be 50/50.

No. Jones is simply far superior to the iceman and would beat him wherever the fight went.

No, your reading comprehension is terrible. Jon Jones could control where the fight went & would only lose if he went with a dumb strategy of trying to slug it out from the outside with prime Chuck.

I'm playing devil's advocate because people tend to forget how great guys like Chuck, Wanderlei, or BJ Penn were because of how terrible the end of their careers were.

Chuck already told us that if were still in his prime, he would walk right through Jones' punches and knock him out. From the mouth of the man himself.

And Cormier said he could take Jones down whenever he wanted...

Chuck wouldn't be top 5 if he were in his prime today. He'd also lose to Wiedman, Silva, and a few other MWs. Chuck was in his prime when Rampage KO'd him. And not far out of his prime when the rest of the UFC roster KO'd him.

People don't get it. I doubt they ever will. PRIME ______________________ Insert anyone in the fucking history of MMA that could make 205 lbs would LOSE to Jon Jones, period.

This.

Plus we saw prime Chuck get worked by Rampage. Dudes had to throw in the towel. Jones would front kick him right in the face and it'd be over.

Jones would destroy Liddell within the first round. Not even a contest. Chuck wouldnt lay a JAB on Jon.

And STILL.......

Jones would be too much for chuck i cant see how Chuck wins at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back