PRIDE Secret Files

Wow, reading over that part about Saku again, made me realize the guy was nuts. I don't know who the hell El Solar is, but it sounds like Saku coulda had an easy NYE payday to single-leg and sub some luchador but he turned it down to fight Little Nog. What a warrior, imagine if there were more fighters like him

A tough SOB who was a great Greco roman wrestler in his youth. Although at that point he was a broken down man filled with injuries and in his 50's.

Wasn't it that Chuck would beat Wanderlei but he never faced him so Dana didn't pay?

Was it Dana who said that to cover his ass on a lost bet? I throught it was for winning the whole thing... I don't remember.

Was it Dana who said that to cover his ass on a lost bet? I throught it was for winning the whole thing... I don't remember.

Love your AV ... reminds me of this season of SOA ...

A tough SOB who was a great Greco roman wrestler in his youth. Although at that point he was a broken down man filled with injuries and in his 50's.

Oh yea eh? Was he actually a luchador? How do you think the fight would have gone? With him and Saku both wearing masks hahaha only in Japan

I've read that too.

Great book if you want to start a trivia game:icon_chee

Hmmm that gives me ideas lol.:icon_chee

Thanks for sharing all of this, I never even knew most of the stuff you posted.

awesome read op.
I wonder if something like PRIDE will ever rise in Japan again, I hope so.

they're stupid for not showing more pride stuff on tv

I also read that GSP was about to sign for Pride. He was in Japan on a 'personal visit'. Machida was also destined to fight in Pride if it hadn't got into trouble. He pretty much started his MMA career in Japan. Another crazy rumour was that Kimbo Slice was going to be signed as well lol.

If I remember correctly, GSP was barely on their radar & Kimbo was wanted for the LV card, but Hendo recommended Sokoudjou who won the role Kimbo was in the running for.

=/= "about to sign for Pride"

Back