Pretty sure Porter is gonna be a rough fight for Spence

If Spence stops Porter then yes he's the 147 boogeyman.

Spence is going to punch a hole in Porters rib cage... don’t know why y’all are focussing on the chin

I have to rewatch Brook vs Porter

Im the only one that thinks it was a close fight, everybody else, including yourself say Brook won convincingly, I just dont remember it being that way.
It was close. Sloppy pressure from Spence early but they claimed that was the game plan.

It will be fun for a few rounds and then Spence will break him. Spence is the boogeyman and he will stop Porter.

He's a boogyman even though he was getting it put to by a busted Brook and couldn't take out Mikey? I'm not so sure about that.

He's a boogyman even though he was getting it put to by a busted Brook and couldn't take out Mikey? I'm not so sure about that.
Brook didnt do shit and he put out a statement outboxing someone who everyone claimed he couldnt.

You can put your money where your mouth is if youd like? Spence stops Porter.

Porter fancies himself as a fancy dan these days, a bit like Bradley when he pieced up Marquez but he aint that good. Errol will show why he's the don again!

Brook didnt do shit and he put out a statement outboxing someone who everyone claimed he couldnt.

meh, the brook fight was competitive until the 8th, iirc. i don't see how that's a knock on spence, brook was a criminally underrated welterweight.

doesn't change the fact that spence is the man at 147 and would take the belts from all 3 other champs, possibly stopping all of them.

meh, the brook fight was competitive until the 8th, iirc. i don't see how that's a knock on spence, brook was a criminally underrated welterweight.

doesn't change the fact that spence is the man at 147 and would take the belts from all 3 other champs, possibly stopping all of them.
His naysayers just refuse to acknowledge that he has fought opponents differently at times. Most notably Mikey. Same people who said Spence couldnt box with him now use it as a criticism that he didnt chase the stoppage and instead put on an absolute lopsided clinic boxing lesson.

Brook didn’t do shit? Cmon...

You can be a fan of spence and still acknowledge what actually happened in that fight

Ill be very suprised tbh

Danny garcia and Thurman landed massive shots on Porter who ate them and kept coming

Yet Spence is gonna break him? We will see how Spence reacts to the first headbutt on his nose
Spence is better than both but if the Spence who fought Garcia show up....porter could win this.

Brook didn’t do shit? Cmon...

You can be a fan of spence and still acknowledge what actually happened in that fight
What did he do? Did he hurt Spence? Did he ever have him in danger? Was there ever a point where you thought Spence was going to lose?

It was a fun fight until just past the 6th round and then Brook got broken down and mauled. It shouldnt have even been allowed to go as long as it did.

Spence is a better fighter than what he showed those first 6 rounds, he was rushing his work and remember that fight was in the UK in his first title fight coming off not fighting in 9 months.

His naysayers just refuse to acknowledge that he has fought opponents differently at times. Most notably Mikey. Same people who said Spence couldnt box with him now use it as a criticism that he didnt chase the stoppage and instead put on an absolute lopsided clinic boxing lesson.
hey, no argument there. people who refuse to admit he's a skilled boxer are clueless. he owned mikey, without even using his physicality, which pretty much none of us expected.

i just think brook did a lot better in that fight than he's given credit for, simply because he got stopped by a monster. he went after erroll and it didn't work out, but he made it a really good fight. i felt like mikey decided he wasn't going to win and would just survive until the final bell - had he opened up and tried to get spence like brook did, he would've been battered far worse... yet he somehow gets more credit than kell.

Porter is tough and scrappy, I don't think Spence stops him. Think Spence wins a 9-3 kind of fight.

Porter is a nightmare for anyone. I'm sure if Spence had to choose between the other top welterweights in PBC Porter would probably be his last pick but unfortunately for him Thurman, Danny Garcia and Pacquiao want no part of him.

Porter is a rough go for anybody. I’d be surprised if Spence made it look easy.

I think Spence has the kind of style that will allow him to avoid the issues that many have against Porter. Most guys can't fight on the inside and, at most, try to neutralize Porter at that range. Spence can fight on the inside, and I think he'll punish Porter there. He might get hit a bit in the process, but he'll give better than he gets. Porter is really tough, so a stoppage will take some work, but I don't think we'll see Porter have many moments in this fight, and I wouldn't necessarily be shocked to see a domination.

I have to agree with you. Couldn't put away a fighter who was 2 weight classes out of his division? Spence should have decimated Garcia but he couldn't.

Back